The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Im watching the fights from last night

+3
dmar5143
captainanddew
Soonermark890
7 posters

Go down

Im watching the fights from last night Empty Im watching the fights from last night

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:03 am

What the hell is going on with Cloud?

I have it so far
1 10-7 Cloud
2. 19-17 Cloud
3. 28-27 Cloud
4. 38-36 Cloud This round could have gone either way!
5. 47-46 Cloud
6. 57-55 Cloud
7. 66-65 Cloud
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Im watching the fights from last night Empty Re: Im watching the fights from last night

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:13 am

8. I have the fight even now.
9. 85-84 Campillo
10. 95-93 Campillo
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Im watching the fights from last night Empty Re: Im watching the fights from last night

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 am

Fuck me Cloud lost that fight bad. IF it wasnt or that first round it would have been really ugly. Are you kidding me he got the decision?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:34 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Fuck me Cloud lost that fight bad. IF it wasnt or that first round it would have been really ugly. Are you kidding me he got the decision?

Chuck Giampa showtime's new resident judge scorer had it 114-112 for Campillo.

Forgetting who we thought won the fight the 116-110 scorecard for Cloud is amazingly bad. That person should not be judging fights. I believe that judge has Cloud winning 7 rounds and also a 10-10 round.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:35 am

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:Fuck me Cloud lost that fight bad. IF it wasnt or that first round it would have been really ugly. Are you kidding me he got the decision?

Chuck Giampa showtime's new resident judge scorer had it 114-112 for Campillo.

Forgetting who we thought won the fight the 116-110 scorecard for Cloud is amazingly bad. That person should not be judging fights. I believe that judge has Cloud winning 7 rounds and also a 10-10 round.

Thats amazing. I am a Cloud fan and I had him losing the fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:52 am

to me this was a easy fight to score.all rounds there was a clear cut winner.in fact i had camillo wining by 4 points.to thoses that said a draw at the very best isnt correct.114-112 maybe and thats a stretch..camillo is a slick crafstman with very good ring generalship.if he could punch he would of koed cloud.he snapped clouds head back several times..cloud is fortunate hes fighting in a extremly thin division.he can punch but thats it.questionable defense cant fight going backwards cant fight at angles cant fight side to side and hes not explosive like a bob satterfield as a puncher..his corner sucked.he is what he is a overated fighter in a paper thin talent wise division..a tarver of 9 years ago at 175 would eat this guy up..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:55 am

dmar5143 wrote:to me this was a easy fight to score.all rounds there was a clear cut winner.in fact i had camillo wining by 4 points.to thoses that said a draw at the very best isnt correct.114-112 maybe and thats a stretch..camillo is a slick crafstman with very good ring generalship.if he could punch he would of koed cloud.he snapped clouds head back several times..cloud is fortunate hes fighting in a extremly thin division.he can punch but thats it.questionable defense cant fight going backwards cant fight at angles cant fight side to side and hes not explosive like a bob satterfield as a puncher..his corner sucked.he is what he is a overated fighter in a paper thin talent wise division..a taver of 9 years ago at 175 would eat this guy up..
He really had no answer for the guy. The only round that could go either way was the 4th. The rest of the fight was so easy to score. Looks like there are some judges about to get investigated. Cloud needs a new corner if he plans on beating anyone worth a shit.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:55 am

I saw it the exact same way dmar. Robbery or gross professional incompetence, either way unacceptable. The fight was very clear and easy to score.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:57 am

Canvas wrote:I saw it the exact same way dmar. Robbery or gross professional incompetence, either way unacceptable. The fight was very clear and easy to score.
That was an embarrassment to boxing.

I just finished watching the first round of the PW fight and am trying to stay awake LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Damn be bores me.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:52 pm

the williams fight bore out exactly what i said to look for in another post.yes williams is back in the mix.his conditioning was always good as well as his work rate..my observation is he is what he is.why have training camps when you dont improve or learn a fucking thing.1.his jab the first 2 rounds looked decent but he abandoned it2.he still lunges in wide open after tossing a right hand and against a puncher with talent and ishita is neither williams will get clocked with full force with either a martinez type straight left or a big right hand.it can be done often and a ko lose is a reality or a big possibilty3.can williams set down on his punches like he did at times in the past.nope again.especialy against a fighter like ishida whos there to be hit and no threat power wise4.can he punch at angles like before with snap..nope again..5. can he slip punches defense wise.again nope.another words he didnt learn anything.nor improve on anything..williams has slipped a little but not to the point where hes finished.he can compete in a exciting fight but a fighter with a punch and some talent unlike a ishida williams is no longer going to win all the time.hes extremly vulnerable.
ishida has guts and heart.he has no talent.none.hes in front of you no movement no ring generalship no decent defense no ring iq no nothing but heart..he has earned another decent usa payday based on the fact even though he lost every round he made williams work and earn those rounds.thats how i see it.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:59 pm

PW has made good money in boxing. He probably got paid pretty well against Ishida because of Sith Lord Haymon. His team is going to do everything to get him a big, big payday against someone like Martinez, Chavez, Canelo, etc...
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:06 pm

dmar5143 wrote:the williams fight bore out exactly what i said to look for in another post.yes williams is back in the mix.his conditioning was always good as well as his work rate..my observation is he is what he is.why have training camps when you dont improve or learn a fucking thing.1.his jab the first 2 rounds looked decent but he abandoned it2.he still lunges in wide open after tossing a right hand and against a puncher with talent and ishita is neither williams will get clocked with full force with either a martinez type straight left or a big right hand.it can be done often and a ko lose is a reality or a big possibilty3.can williams set down on his punches like he did at times in the past.nope again.especialy against a fighter like ishida whos there to be hit and no threat power wise4.can he punch at angles like before with snap..nope again..5. can he slip punches defense wise.again nope.another words he didnt learn anything.nor improve on anything..williams has slipped a little but not to the point where hes finished.he can compete in a exciting fight but a fighter with a punch and some talent unlike a ishida williams is no longer going to win all the time.hes extremly vulnerable.
ishida has guts and heart.he has no talent.none.hes in front of you no movement no ring generalship no decent defense no ring iq no nothing but heart..he has earned another decent usa payday based on the fact even though he lost every round he made williams work and earn those rounds.thats how i see it.
Damn Its hard to disagree with anything you posted at all.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:12 pm

I'd like to see Williams vs. Kirkland next.

Or Williams vs. Pavlik.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:35 pm

if cloud would actually be semi active in the sport then maybe he would be #1 in the division. he has been acting like the big shot in the division for years now even though he never really beat a top guy. campillo won that fight and cloud is an idiot for saying the things he did.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/tavoris-cloud-i-feel-like-i-won-the-fight-108458#more-108458

“I was never hurt to the point I couldn’t keep coming forward and throwing shots. I closed the distance between us in the later rounds trying to go to the body and stop him from throwing flurries.

He was another bouncy-bouncy guy. He couldn’t deter me from coming forward.”

is that why you were backing up half of the fight?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:43 pm

powerpuncher wrote:if cloud would actually be semi active in the sport then maybe he would be #1 in the division. he has been acting like the big shot in the division for years now even though he never really beat a top guy. campillo won that fight and cloud is an idiot for saying the things he did.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/tavoris-cloud-i-feel-like-i-won-the-fight-108458#more-108458

“I was never hurt to the point I couldn’t keep coming forward and throwing shots. I closed the distance between us in the later rounds trying to go to the body and stop him from throwing flurries.

He was another bouncy-bouncy guy. He couldn’t deter me from coming forward.”

is that why you were backing up half of the fight?

exactly.

Wow, someone at Madison Square Garden hit a half court shot at halftime to win a new car.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:56 am

powerpuncher wrote:if cloud would actually be semi active in the sport then maybe he would be #1 in the division.
I can't agree with that. His biggest issue is that he's not very good. He's like Berto light. He looks like he could be decent, but shows plenty of holes when matched up against 2nd tier competition. I wonder where he goes from here. I'd like to see him and Shumenov. He could win that and it would be an exciting fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Gumby wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:if cloud would actually be semi active in the sport then maybe he would be #1 in the division.
I can't agree with that. His biggest issue is that he's not very good. He's like Berto light. He looks like he could be decent, but shows plenty of holes when matched up against 2nd tier competition. I wonder where he goes from here. I'd like to see him and Shumenov. He could win that and it would be an exciting fight.

Saturday night probably wasn't an off night for Cloud. Cloud had someone against him who withstood the early fury and then the longer, better boxer, boxed his ears off. The blueprint for Dawson to beat Cloud would be the same. Cloud vs Pascal would be fun. Cloud vs Shumenov would be fun.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:11 am

I think Cloud suffered the curse of knocking a guy down early and not finishing them. Instead of making adjustments he just kept doing the same thing that got him the KDs and got outboxed by Campillo.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:29 am

GrantZilla wrote:I think Cloud suffered the curse of knocking a guy down early and not finishing them. Instead of making adjustments he just kept doing the same thing that got him the KDs and got outboxed by Campillo.

He doesnt have the skill to make adjustments. He's just not that good.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down