The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night

+7
GrantZilla
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
captainanddew
gomez1012
Shaun
jz_hova
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night Empty I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night

Post  jz_hova Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 am

You know whats coming when the kid whoops him. Chavez jr is beating people his own size. So step up and lets make the fight
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night Empty Re: I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night

Post  Shaun Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:20 am

I want to see Alvarez/Chavez Jr. first. Their styles have the making for a really good fight. Inexperience can always make for a good show. Look at Ortiz vs. Berto for example. Smile
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night Empty Re: I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night

Post  gomez1012 Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Andy Lee or Darren Barker would be real good fights to make for Junior

Lee vs Chavez Jr
Martinez vs Macklin

Get them done
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Barker has been asking for Jr, I'd like to see that happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:11 pm

Martinez knocks him out. End of story.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 pm

captainanddew wrote:Martinez knocks him out. End of story.

But in the epilogue Chavez defeats him in the rematch.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:08 pm

chavez needs to actually fight a decent fighter first before he even deserves a shot at martinez
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:35 pm

jz_hova wrote:You know whats coming when the kid whoops him. Chavez jr is beating people his own size. So step up and lets make the fight
LOL...did you just equate Jr fighting Bumfredo to "beating guys his own size" and having the ability to handle Martinez? Ahahahahahahahahahaha............I know you're smokin' some good ass shit now!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:55 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
jz_hova wrote:You know whats coming when the kid whoops him. Chavez jr is beating people his own size. So step up and lets make the fight
LOL...did you just equate Jr fighting Bumfredo to "beating guys his own size" and having the ability to handle Martinez? Ahahahahahahahahahaha............I know you're smokin' some good ass shit now!!

I hope you Sergio Martinez fans were watching the fight last night 2wqv5210
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:44 pm

JZ_Hova is a prophet.

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:25 pm

powerpuncher wrote:chavez needs to actually fight a decent fighter first before he even deserves a shot at martinez

he should fight Matthew Macklin like Sergio
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:21 pm

jz_hova wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:chavez needs to actually fight a decent fighter first before he even deserves a shot at martinez

he should fight Matthew Macklin like Sergio
maybe chavez should fight a legitimate contender. martinez beat pavlik who was the real champion at middleweight. chavez would have gotten KO'd early by pavlik.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:48 pm

I am fully with everyone that Sergio knocks him out but Jr has fought a couple of solid guys. Duddy, Manfredo, and especially Zbik will beat guys that are not world class. He makes more money than he should but I think he is solid.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I am fully with everyone that Sergio knocks him out but Jr has fought a couple of solid guys. Duddy, Manfredo, and especially Zbik will beat guys that are not world class. He makes more money than he should but I think he is solid.
are you serious? duddy and manfredo are hardly solid guys unless you rate C class fighters solid. and zbik is alright and gave him a ton of trouble. the only reason chavez did anywhere near as well as he did though was because zbik has no power.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:17 am

powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:I am fully with everyone that Sergio knocks him out but Jr has fought a couple of solid guys. Duddy, Manfredo, and especially Zbik will beat guys that are not world class. He makes more money than he should but I think he is solid.
are you serious? duddy and manfredo are hardly solid guys unless you rate C class fighters solid. and zbik is alright and gave him a ton of trouble. the only reason chavez did anywhere near as well as he did though was because zbik has no power.
+1.....no, make that +infinity
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:21 am

Duddy and Manfredo retired after their fights with Chavez. Add the fact that they were C class fighters to begin with.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:43 am

Anybody that uses Duddy & Bumfredo Jr as a catalyst for an argument can't be watching the same fights I am.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 am

I thought Zbik was robbed by Arum and his judges. Zbik knocked Chavezs' head back all night and outlanded Chavez by a ton of blows. Zbik and Martinez got screwed to make Chavez jr a paper champion. I'm sure JZ is being Sarcastic, Chavez stands no chance against Martinez. Chavez and Arum will give up their title to duck Sergio, but I like how DLH is already turning down the fight with Canelo lol Arum was trying to cash out Chavez right now
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:05 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Give them a low grade and rip them all you want but they were top 25 in the world in their weight classes. I think that means a guy is solid even if you guys don't. Right now Alcine is rated #25(boxrec) in the world at 160. Do you think he beats Manfredo? How about David Lopez beating Duddy at 154? I have Manfredo and Duddy in those fights. I think Manfredo beats Spinks(16) as well and maybe even this Adama guy I haven't heard of. Adama is ranked 11th by boxrec which while inferior in rankings to knowledgable fans is unbiased and ranks by resume and activity.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

Give them a low grade and rip them all you want but they were top 25 in the world in their weight classes. I think that means a guy is solid even if you guys don't. Right now Alcine is rated #25(boxrec) in the world at 160. Do you think he beats Manfredo? How about David Lopez beating Duddy at 154? I have Manfredo and Duddy in those fights. I think Manfredo beats Spinks(16) as well and maybe even this Adama guy I haven't heard of. Adama is ranked 11th by boxrec which while inferior in rankings to knowledgable fans is unbiased and ranks by resume and activity.
im sure that spinks could easily beat manfredo even now. and being a top 25 guy doesnt mean anything. name one good fighter or even kind of good fighter that either manfredo or duddy has beaten.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:Give them a low grade and rip them all you want but they were top 25 in the world in their weight classes. I think that means a guy is solid even if you guys don't. Right now Alcine is rated #25(boxrec) in the world at 160. Do you think he beats Manfredo? How about David Lopez beating Duddy at 154? I have Manfredo and Duddy in those fights. I think Manfredo beats Spinks(16) as well and maybe even this Adama guy I haven't heard of. Adama is ranked 11th by boxrec which while inferior in rankings to knowledgable fans is unbiased and ranks by resume and activity.

Middleweight is garbage right now. So being ranked in top 25 by Boxrec means little. And Boxrec uses a points formula that is not always accurate.

BumFredo sucks and is not even a B level fighter, and neither is Duddy

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:04 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

im sure that spinks could easily beat manfredo even now. and being a top 25 guy doesnt mean anything. name one good fighter or even kind of good fighter that either manfredo or duddy has beaten.

I watched Spinks last 2 fights live from 10 rows back. He has NOTHING left and would be a very small middle. I understand why my opinion is against the norm now. Apparently anyone outside the top 10 isn't even solid or a level below world class as I originally described these guys.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:06 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:Give them a low grade and rip them all you want but they were top 25 in the world in their weight classes. I think that means a guy is solid even if you guys don't. Right now Alcine is rated #25(boxrec) in the world at 160. Do you think he beats Manfredo? How about David Lopez beating Duddy at 154? I have Manfredo and Duddy in those fights. I think Manfredo beats Spinks(16) as well and maybe even this Adama guy I haven't heard of. Adama is ranked 11th by boxrec which while inferior in rankings to knowledgable fans is unbiased and ranks by resume and activity.

Middleweight is garbage right now. So being ranked in top 25 by Boxrec means little. And Boxrec uses a points formula that is not always accurate.

BumFredo sucks and is not even a B level fighter, and neither is Duddy

I know boxrec rankings aren't perfect and mentioned that but I do think they are a decent approximation. There are very few horrible guys highly ranked and very few good fighters lowly ranked.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:15 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:
I watched Spinks last 2 fights live from 10 rows back. He has NOTHING left and would be a very small middle. I understand why my opinion is against the norm now. Apparently anyone outside the top 10 isn't even solid or a level below world class as I originally described these guys.

Even guys in the top ten are below world class. The middlweight division is almost as bad as the HW division.

None of these protected clowns are willing to fight each other to make a case they are world class.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:08 pm

I am not being sarcastic. Chavez jr is the best in the middleweight division. There is a reason Sergio is calling out smaller guys. When the fight happens and Chavez whoops Sergio don't jump on the bandwagon
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next