The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry

2 posters

Go down

The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry Empty The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry

Post  freakzilla Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 am

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry Empty Re: The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:22 pm

thanks for showing this.i saw that show when it first was on tv.first you can see why don dunphy was the greatest blow by blow ring announcher of all time.no one comes close.folks there were a lot of big fights back then that were live broadcast on the radio and not shown on tv.with dunphy you knew what was being decribed was 100 percent accurate.
second you can see the respect both fighters have for each other and as peolpe they liked each other.trash talk is pure nonsence to so call sell a fight.with ray and jake the fight sold out instantly...fighters of today if you watch this you heared correct.ray did 6 title defenses in 2 months.so please dont tell me you cant fight every 3 months or fans dont post the guy needs a long rest because he was in a tough fight.
robinson here was still in his prime .the first prime and believe it or not this was just a average robinson performance not his usual great one.jake had a tendecy to do that to fighters.
another great the way it was show was louis-walcott.again two guys that had deep respect for each other as fighters as well as people.thats truly something i miss in todays fight game.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry Empty Re: The Way It Was - Sugar Ray Robinson and Jake LaMotta look back on their rivalry

Post  freakzilla Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 am

You're welcome. Yeah they don't make them like they use to. Also, I agree with basically everything you just said.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 am

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:44 am

thanks again for showing the louis-walcott show.i enjoyed it as much now as i did then when it first showed.if folks watch this maybe they will understand when i say walcott would feight todays fighters or fighters of the past 20 years out of there jockstrap and nail them with that very fast sneaky right hand lead or do the walcott shuffle walk away and bomb you with a left hook.
walcott demistrates here the art of moving intelligently while controling real eastate and still be in a position to punch with fabulous power.this is unlike the running of ali and holmes did at several times.
walcott was a inner and outer thats my saying but when he came in and fought his A game he would give any heavyweight a hell of a fight.any heavy.i firmly believe the walcott you see here or in 3 of the 4 charles fights or the first marciano fight or the harold johnson fight would of knocked out cold tyson frazier liston etc etc 2 out of 2 fights.
walcott ive always felt was one of the most underated fighters of all time.
louis indeed was one of boxings greatest finishers.joe was very accurate in his punches didnt panic or rush things.he flowed with natural fluidity with his combos.
its a pleasure to watch 2 grandmasters of the craft execute brilliantly.thanks again and i hope these clips get some good viewership.its certainly more then worthwhile indeed.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:10 am

No thanks needed. I hope everyone enjoys them.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down