The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank

4 posters

Go down

Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank Empty Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:57 pm

That's two opponents Golden Boy have stolen right from under Top Ranks noses in the space of a couple weeks, old Bob needs to step down and let Todd take over.

Back to top Go down

Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank Empty Re: Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:That's two opponents Golden Boy have stolen right from under Top Ranks noses in the space of a couple weeks, old Bob needs to step down and let Todd take over.

I don't think The Bobfather is worried. But maybe guys are not happy with in-house Bob's tactics.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:02 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:That's two opponents Golden Boy have stolen right from under Top Ranks noses in the space of a couple weeks, old Bob needs to step down and let Todd take over.

I don't think The Bobfather is worried. But maybe guys are not happy with in-house Bob's tactics.

Of course Bob's not worried because he's still raking in the cash regardless, but his actions and words continue to damage the sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:08 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Of course Bob's not worried because he's still raking in the cash regardless, but his actions and words continue to damage the sport.
Bob=Dana White. They are very similar in a lot of ways.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

They're nothing alike at all, complete utter nonsense. Dana White might be an obnoxious twat at times but he doesn't stop fights from happening and pays attention to the fans.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

They're nothing alike at all, complete utter nonsense. Dana White might be an obnoxious twat at times but he doesn't stop fights from happening and pays attention to the fans.
LOL the guy only fights in house doesnt he? He is a greedy fuck isnt he? He insults the fans constantly doesnt he? His words and actions hurt the sport doesnt it? The only real difference between these two promoters is that Bob at least pays his fighters. Like I said they are similar in a lot of ways.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:39 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

LOL the guy only fights in house doesnt he? He is a greedy fuck isnt he? He insults the fans constantly doesnt he? His words and actions hurt the sport doesnt it? The only real difference between these two promoters is that Bob at least pays his fighters. Like I said they are similar in a lot of ways.

Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank Facepalm_jim_76437

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Golden Boy 2-0 Top Rank Facepalm_jim_76437
Why are you so pro dana white? Your the only one I have ever met or talked to who like the guy. I think you are a little blind.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:01 am

Soonermark890 wrote:LOL the guy only fights in house doesnt he? He is a greedy fuck isnt he? He insults the fans constantly doesnt he? His words and actions hurt the sport doesnt it? The only real difference between these two promoters is that Bob at least pays his fighters. Like I said they are similar in a lot of ways.

100% correct. And also like Arum, White is horrible liar. Latest bullshit was his claims UFC Rio got 30 million viewers in Brazil with a 9-13 rating. Bullshit when the leading show that day got 20 point rating which would mean it must have got over 60 million viewers. Impossible since the market is only 46 million total viewers! The highest rated show that year for the network was 31 million viewers, which was 52 rating.
http://tinyurl.com/77z476r
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:31 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:LOL the guy only fights in house doesnt he? He is a greedy fuck isnt he? He insults the fans constantly doesnt he? His words and actions hurt the sport doesnt it? The only real difference between these two promoters is that Bob at least pays his fighters. Like I said they are similar in a lot of ways.

100% correct. And also like Arum, White is horrible liar. Latest bullshit was his claims UFC Rio got 30 million viewers in Brazil with a 9-13 rating. Bullshit when the leading show that day got 20 point rating which would mean it must have got over 60 million viewers. Impossible since the market is only 46 million total viewers! The highest rated show that year for the network was 31 million viewers, which was 52 rating.
http://tinyurl.com/77z476r
Yeah I forgot the lying aspect.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:11 pm

I think what makes White look better is the UFC has the majority of talent in MMA. If Top Rank and Golden Boy combined, that would probably be similar to the size of UFC. Silva/GSP never happened for whatever reason and Brock/Fedor didn't happen because White is an in-house guy.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:19 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I think what makes White look better is the UFC has the majority of talent in MMA. If Top Rank and Golden Boy combined, that would probably be similar to the size of UFC. Silva/GSP never happened for whatever reason and Brock/Fedor didn't happen because White is an in-house guy.

Silva vs. GSP isn't happening because George isn't willing to move up in weight.

Brock vs. Fedor didn't happen because M1 Global the company that manages Fedor rejected the UFC's offer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:29 pm

GBP also prevent Canelo vs Chavez when Arum wanted to cash out Chavez because he doesnt believe hes that good. Chavez is probably the top 3 or 4 Middleweight in world because of his size advantage, output and chin. Lets see how long hes able to make weight. But now GBP is back in business. They have Canelo 154, Mayweather 147, Khan 140, Broner 130 and yes even Guerrero 135 that are stars or will be future stars. Pacquiao is almost out of the game. After he retires it will be a big blow to Top Rank. When Chavez fightts Martinez, that will be another star that goes down. Lopez will lose to Salido again, Gamboa has 0 fan base and Rios will get his ass beat once he fights a good fighter.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:32 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I think what makes White look better is the UFC has the majority of talent in MMA. If Top Rank and Golden Boy combined, that would probably be similar to the size of UFC. Silva/GSP never happened for whatever reason and Brock/Fedor didn't happen because White is an in-house guy.

Silva vs. GSP isn't happening because George isn't willing to move up in weight.

Brock vs. Fedor didn't happen because M1 Global the company that manages Fedor rejected the UFC's offer.

Basically, he wouldn't do a cross-promotional deal. M-1 was asking for too much but Dana was protecting Brock too. You can say Pac-Mayweather didn't happen because Floyd didn't accept Arum's deal also. Sure Arum should've bent a little bit to get the fight made but he made legitimate offers.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:36 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:

Basically, he wouldn't do a cross-promotional deal. M-1 was asking for too much but Dana was protecting Brock too. You can say Pac-Mayweather didn't happen because Floyd didn't accept Arum's deal also. Sure Arum should've bent a little bit to get the fight made but he made legitimate offers.

Dana was certainly not protecting Brock, he offered Fedor millions to face him but M-1 kept insisting on a co promotional deal which was never going to happen. And look where Fedor is now, feasting on bums after being knocked out by a Middleweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:00 pm

Dana was certainly not protecting Brock, he offered Fedor millions to face him but M-1 kept insisting on a co promotional deal which was never going to happen. And look where Fedor is now, feasting on bums after being knocked out by a Middleweight.

The bold is our point! He was never going to do a co-promotional deal just like Arum doesn't like doing a co-promotional deal. Arum and White both want ALL the money from the card and to have the winner to be guaranteed to be under their banner.

Also, you could substitute Arum for Dana, Pac for Brock, and Floyd for Fedor and the first part of your post and it would translate perfectly. Lastly, its revisionist history to show Fedor's current form because Brock is retired too. At the time, it would have been the GOAT vs the UFC champ which were incidentally the 2 biggest names in MMA.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down