The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH

3 posters

Go down

BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH Empty BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:14 am

this was one all time great fighter.3 time welterweight champ and two time middleweight champ.all REAL titles folks not phoney bogus ones.he fought the whos who in boxing in a era loaded with stacked welter and middle divisions.he ducked no one.we talk about the greatness of pac and floyd and rightly so but ill go on record that he kos pac and beats floyd 2 out of 3 times.why.because he fought guys that did everything yes everything thoses guys could do and often.
griffith was a legit welter in his prime in a era of real weigh inns.his buil;d was all muscle solid mass of iron.
he started his career at the great fight club st nicks arena.in his 8th fight he fought a guy who had 60 fights.yes thats right.the guy was no slug either since he had a half dozen fights against top world class competion and a few world champs.emille won.he graduated after that to fight in the garden as a undercard fighter.his first loss was to randy sandy a cutie who poped in a few times in the top ten in his 15 th fight.
the first time i saw him fight was in his 18th fight a main event at the garden against a 26 year old vetern of some 75 plus fights gasper ortega who was one fantastic fighter himself.griff won going away and seeing him fight i could not believe the talent the abilty and completness of a fighter he was after only 18 fights.my dad and i agreed that this kid is going to be a great one.
like many of the fighters from that era griff fought several fights past his best yet past his best he drew and beat bennie briscoe.who did he fight. 5 times against the great luis rodriguez.hew won 4 times and 3 of them wins were hairline close.rodriguez in his prime was a master boxer-cutie with speed in all he did.he was koed by hurricane carter the ernie shaversw of the middle division.he beat benny kid paret two out of 3.top middle contender joey archer twice.beat top notch jotge fernandez twice gasper ortega 4 or 5 times denny moyer twice great slugger florentine fernandez wille towell issac logart cuties yama bahama and holly mims ralph dupas who was a awsome fighter with speed and a master boxer.he gave gypsie joe harris his first loss.fought the great jose naploes and griff went down in weight and was at the end of his best and did a good job.nino benvenutti 3 times the all time great carlos monzon twice.lol can you see pac or floyd fighting monzon.ohh by the way he beat the great dick tiger twice.griff weighed 150 pounds tiger 160.no catchweight there folks.no talk from the fans that tiger was toi big to strong to tough.
forget the ko record.griff could punch.he could box.he could fight in the inside.he had handspeed with accurate combos.he had a chin that fought great talented sluggers.he fought tons of talented complete fighters.the era had many in one division.
there was no calling out bullshit.no ill fight every 6 months cause i need a rest.no cherrypicking.
want to talk about great fighters.real great ones.emille griffith is a good start.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH Empty Re: BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH

Post  dmar5143 Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:18 am

i will add that griff fought several other fighters not listed here that were mearly just good fighters.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH Empty Re: BOXING GREATS RARELY TALKED ABOUT.EMILLE GRIFFITH

Post  powerpuncher Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 am

griffin is a fighter that i actually dont know a ton about. i havent watched too many clips of him. it makes me think that money has ruined boxing, just like it has every other sport to an extent. people arent fighting to survive or to be the best that often anymore. people like guerrero and bradley duck the people they should fight to cash out.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:44 pm

Griffith was extremely talented and tough as they come. His record is a veritable who's who of great fighters. Benny Paret's son used to work for me in Miami nightclub.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down