The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight?

+2
Frank
freakzilla
6 posters

Go down

Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight?

Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_lcap25%Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_lcap25%Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_lcap0%Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_lcap0%Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? Empty Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight?

Post  freakzilla Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:03 am

Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Bob Foster, Michael Spinks, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins or someone else?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight? Empty Re: Greatest Ever Light-Heavyweight?

Post  Frank Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:05 am

freakzilla wrote:Ezzard Charles, Archie Moore, Bob Foster, Michael Spinks, Roy Jones Jr, Bernard Hopkins or someone else?
Nearly impossible question to answer.

Spinks was the greatest LH of the 80s, which is why he's a HOF fighter and belongs on your list. He has a good argument for being the best LH ever. Talk to Dmar about Charles. He'll probably present the best argument for Ezzard. Archie Moore had 130 KOs and was ducked throughout most of his career, however he has an excellent argument. Foster? A very special KO artist though I doubt he could've dominated the 80s Light Heavyweight division. I'd give him an honorable mention. From what I know, Foster's most celebrated victory was over Dick Tiger who I think was a natural MW. Bernard Hopkins does not belong on this list nor do I think he even remotely compares to anyone of these fighters. Roy Jones has a better argument than Hopkins, however he didn't face top competition in this division. I think he gets knocked against each and every LH you listed with the exception of Hopkins. My call.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Archie Moore !

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:07 pm

i dont know why we are even having this poll.its ezzard charles hands down and just about every boxing expert and historian says so.charles was a great puncher with accurate handspeed.by far the most complete light heavy fighter ever.by todays weight inn standards he would forever be a light heavy.charles was perhaps the cleverst light heavy ever also.he beat the heck out of archie moore 3 times.enough said.beat charley burley joey maxim 3 times bivins 3 times gus lenovich barone etc etc.weighting just over the light heavy limit he beat walcott twice and walcott would knock the shit out of every name mentioned on this list.this is not even close.charles in his prime met far greater opposition then all of thoses guys put together including moore.
i personaly know the abilty of the guys ez fought and beat.
frank archie moore could of not been ducked a lot since he had a ton of fights.there isnt a light heavy on this list that could go 15 rounds with marciano.none.roy jones jr nor bo hop makes a top ten list by anyone who actualy studies the game knows boxing history and actualy saw several of the guys ez fought fight.look im not trying to sound as a elitist but archie moore ranks forth in the list of light heavies.why is not gene tunney on this list since genes entire career was fought at ligthheavy mostly.same with sam langford.why is billy conn left of the list but a bo-hop is on or jones jr is on.charles was brillent.a master at everything.so was tunney whos not even on this list...ohh gee ez beat joe louis .yeah joe was past his peak but none the less that louis would also kick the shit out of this list..
im not exagerating when i say charles was so good that hes head over heals so far better then anyone on this list.so was tunney.so was langford.its not even close.geez bo hops on the list no tommy laughran..lets not say or is it somebody else that covers names not on the list.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:40 pm

So... I take it you voted for Roy Jones then, dmar? jocolor
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:09 pm

Tobe wrote:So... I take it you voted for Roy Jones then, dmar? jocolor
..lol lol thanks tobe i needed a good laugh.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 pm

I didn't get a chance to vote, but Ezzard Charles was the best Lt Hwt ever...IMHO. When you match them up, he beats Moore, Foster & Spinks.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:29 am

i agree with dmar that tunney should be on this list for sure. one of the greatest fighters to ever live. also, i think that loughran deserves to be on the list over some of those fighters.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down