The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joe Paterno dies at 85

5 posters

Go down

Joe Paterno dies at 85 Empty Joe Paterno dies at 85

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:10 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Joe Paterno dies at 85 Empty Re: Joe Paterno dies at 85

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:37 pm

wow.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:38 pm

He was a coaching legend. RIP.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:40 pm

from espn.com story, he's not dead.

After CBSSports.com reported that Paterno had died, Scott Paterno, Joe's son, and the family spokesman denied the reports.

"CBS report is wrong - Dad is alive but in serious condition. We continue to ask for prayers and privacy during this time 9:23 p.m.," Scott Paterno wrote on Twitter
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:45 pm

I hate when they do that. But I knew he'd end up like Bear Bryant as soon as he stopped coaching
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Paterno is being treated for cancer with Chemotherapy, there's a saying: If the cancer doesn't kill you the chemo will. That's why he's in "serious" condition.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:51 am

WOW!!! What a fucking joke. There was a guy here that did that with Joe DiMaggio. He ran a news crawl stating that Joe DiMaggio was dead (he wasn't), he thought he was just testing the crawl he didn't realize that he brought it to air. The entire country saw it, from that day he was known as "The Clipper". I'm sitting across from him right now. I will commence ball busting right now.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 am

Ring wrote:Paterno is being treated for cancer with Chemotherapy, there's a saying: If the cancer doesn't kill you the chemo will. That's why he's in "serious" condition.

That is a saying that I hate hearing. Hoping for the day that scientists can figure out a cure for all types of cancer (or at least many of them).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:41 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:WOW!!! What a fucking joke. There was a guy here that did that with Joe DiMaggio. He ran a news crawl stating that Joe DiMaggio was dead (he wasn't), he thought he was just testing the crawl he didn't realize that he brought it to air. The entire country saw it, from that day he was known as "The Clipper". I'm sitting across from him right now. I will commence ball busting right now.

That's funny. But this is nothing new with the media. Being the first to report something trumps it actually being accurate.

The report of my death is an exaggeration

---Mark Twain
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:56 am

GrantZilla wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:WOW!!! What a fucking joke. There was a guy here that did that with Joe DiMaggio. He ran a news crawl stating that Joe DiMaggio was dead (he wasn't), he thought he was just testing the crawl he didn't realize that he brought it to air. The entire country saw it, from that day he was known as "The Clipper". I'm sitting across from him right now. I will commence ball busting right now.

That's funny. But this is nothing new with the media. Being the first to report something trumps it actually being accurate.

The report of my death is an exaggeration

---Mark Twain

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1142820/index.htm

hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 pm

the first report yes was premature but it has happened.paterno yes was a legend and a all time great coach.he also overall was a fine man with a generous heart that touched not only many of his players but a huge majority of the students at penn state.he recruited with dignity and decentcy.he genuinely loved his players penn state and football.even with the sad and horrorable scandall that rocked penn state and and brought joe down the overall picture the overall plus and minus the ben franklyn type of ledger says to me this was one quality human being.god will judge him fairly and thats a positive for the man called joepa.although 85 years is a wonderfull long time to be on earth i am sadden deeply about this news.rip mr joe.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:44 pm

The Onion: "Joe Paterno Dies in Hospital, Doctors Promise to tell thier Superiors First Thing Tomorrow."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/joe-paterno-dies-in-hospital-doctors-promise-to-te,27125/
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:39 am

Apparently Paterno did actually die yesterday morning:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/46042618/ns/sports-college_football/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:41 am

dmar5143 wrote:the first report yes was premature but it has happened.paterno yes was a legend and a all time great coach.he also overall was a fine man with a generous heart that touched not only many of his players but a huge majority of the students at penn state.he recruited with dignity and decentcy.he genuinely loved his players penn state and football.even with the sad and horrorable scandall that rocked penn state and and brought joe down the overall picture the overall plus and minus the ben franklyn type of ledger says to me this was one quality human being.god will judge him fairly and thats a positive for the man called joepa.although 85 years is a wonderfull long time to be on earth i am sadden deeply about this news.rip mr joe.

Bobby Bowden said that grief may have hastened Paterno's death yesterday.

Anyway, RIP Joe Pa.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down