The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday

+4
Gumby
captainanddew
Soonermark890
gomez1012
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I genuinely do think Floyd wants the fight right now, he's just not willing to share half of the cake because he's a greedy, egotistical, deluded imbecile.

Dealing with the same thing on the other end. Remember Pac's demands before the Hatton fight?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Pac vs Cotto II: Cotto Agrees to Terms, Fight Could Be Announced Monday

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:44 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I genuinely do think Floyd wants the fight right now, he's just not willing to share half of the cake because he's a greedy, egotistical, deluded imbecile.

Dealing with the same thing on the other end. Remember Pac's demands before the Hatton fight?

I do, and I know Manny's just as bad, but refusing 50/50 is a deal breaker.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

So are Pac's negotiation skills that bad or is the Cotto fight a ruse to get Floyd to drop his demands? If that's the case then Pacquiao is making a great move but if Floyd calls the bluff then two of Manny's last three opponents are pointless (Shane and Cotto).
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:49 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

So are Pac's negotiation skills that bad or is the Cotto fight a ruse to get Floyd to drop his demands? If that's the case then Pacquiao is making a great move but if Floyd calls the bluff then two of Manny's last three opponents are pointless (Shane and Cotto).

The Cotto fight is all Arum, isn't that obvious ?

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:53 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

The Cotto fight is all Arum, isn't that obvious ?

Any fighter of Pacquiao's caliber at any time can veto a fight if they don't like it. Pacquiao isn't some young impressionable fighter that kowtow's to his promoter. He makes 20 million a fight, he has decision making power now, this is the both of them (Pac and Arum) and their ego's delaying the process.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Arum wants to milk the Rican fanbase, Cotto's the only fighter outside Floyd and Pac that generates good gate revenues and PPV numbers.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:01 pm

Fuck Floyd and Pac!
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Arum wants to milk the Rican fanbase, Cotto's the only fighter outside Floyd and Pac that generates good gate revenues and PPV numbers.

I understand what he wants to do. It doesn't make it right. I don't know how many Puerto Ricans want to see their national hero to get slaughtered again. I'll ask my wife.

The JMM fight showed Arum that Pac will not show well Vs. Mayweather.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:06 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Arum wants to milk the Rican fanbase, Cotto's the only fighter outside Floyd and Pac that generates good gate revenues and PPV numbers.

I understand what he wants to do. It doesn't make it right. I don't know how many Puerto Ricans want to see their national hero to get slaughtered again. I'll ask my wife.

The JMM fight showed Arum that Pac will not show well Vs. Mayweather.

Perhaps but I think it's more to do with the bitter relationship between Floyd, Arum and Haymon that's the main stumbling block.

If Floyd drops his stance on the split I think Manny will succumb to the pressure and demand the fight.

Leonard Ellerbe needs to sweet talk some sense into the love of his life before Monday.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:00 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:What else should he do Floyd turned down 50/50 and now he has to go another direction.

You are so ridiculously pro Pacquiao it's sickening. Of course Floyd is going to ask for more than 50/50 in his opening offer, it's Pacquiao and his team's job to counter offer not immediately go make another unnecessary fight and schedule it a month later. The reaction to Floyd's offer is evident that Pacquiao and his team do not currently want the fight.
Just because I don't jump to conclusions really fucking quick like a lot of people here doesn't mean I'm a pactard. Have you seen me make one post that would suggest it? I have said several times that I think they made a deal to fight in November and all this shit is just hype. I don't know why anyone believes a fucking thing any of these guys say with the huge amount of lies both sides have told over the years.

Yes, you constantly hate on Mayweather. Most of the time you even admit it. When Floyd called Pacquiao out on Twitter you were nowhere to be found in those threads but when Floyd "turned down" the supposed 50/50 you popped up again. Most of your posts suggest that Pacquiao and Roach do no wrong.
Really? That exact thread I posted in several times. So get you fucking facts straight before you call someone out. I have said from the beginning that I thought this is all fake on both sides and that they will fight in November. You need to go back and check.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:07 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I told you guys neither of them want the fight right now. I really think that they made a deal for november.

This is jumping to conclusions.
not so much. If Floyd wanted the fight he would take 50/50. If Pac really wanted the fight he would give in to Mayweather. Yet no fight has been made and both are at fault. So neither wants the fight right now.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:40 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I told you guys neither of them want the fight right now. I really think that they made a deal for november.

not so much. If Floyd wanted the fight he would take 50/50. If Pac really wanted the fight he would give in to Mayweather. Yet no fight has been made and both are at fault. So neither wants the fight right now.

Yes, it is. Floyd told Pacman he has a date and venue and he wants a fight. Pac responded with a Cotto fight in June and a myriad of excuses. It's evident that Floyd wants the fight or at least right now this instant wants it more than Pacquiao does. Frankly, I don't think Pac, Arum and the bunch ever thought Floyd would call out Pac. Pac and his people set up countdowns to respond, had Roach say Pac would KO Floyd to the press, called Floyd a chicken etc. Then Pacquiao looked less then stellar (in my opinion confused) against a slower, smaller, weaker version of Floyd and now Pac has reason's and excuses not to make the fight. At least come back with a counter offer or go on record on say ESPN or your own twitter and state your reasons why he deserves a 50/50 split. Instead he schedules his next fight with another slower fighter with questionable defense at the end of his rope. This is a business, in business when you want a make a deal you negotiate.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:47 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

Yes, it is. Floyd told Pacman he has a date and venue and he wants a fight. Pac responded with a Cotto fight in June and a myriad of excuses. It's evident that Floyd wants the fight or at least right now this instant wants it more than Pacquiao does. Frankly, I don't think Pac, Arum and the bunch ever thought Floyd would call out Pac. Pac and his people set up countdowns to respond, had Roach say Pac would KO Floyd to the press, called Floyd a chicken etc. Then Pacquiao looked less then stellar (in my opinion confused) against a slower, smaller, weaker version of Floyd and now Pac has reason's and excuses not to make the fight. At least come back with a counter offer or go on record on say ESPN or your own twitter and state your reasons why he deserves a 50/50 split. Instead he schedules his next fight with another slower fighter with questionable defense at the end of his rope. This is a business, in business when you want a make a deal you negotiate.
So your saying its all pacs fault? If Floyd really wanted the fight he would have said yes to the split but he didn't. You can blame whoever you want but at the end of the day this has been a 3 year cluster fuck full of excuses from both sides.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:53 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

So your saying its all pacs fault? If Floyd really wanted the fight he would have said yes to the split but he didn't. You can blame whoever you want but at the end of the day this has been a 3 year cluster fuck full of excuses from both sides.

It's evident that Floyd wants the fight or at least right now this instant wants it more than Pacquiao does.

Then Pacquiao looked less then stellar (in my opinion confused) against a slower, smaller, weaker version of Floyd and now Pac has reason's and excuses not to make the fight.

January 21st 2012 it's Pacquiao's fault. In 2010 and 2011 it was Floyds.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:56 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

It's evident that Floyd wants the fight or at least right now this instant wants it more than Pacquiao does.

Then Pacquiao looked less then stellar (in my opinion confused) against a slower, smaller, weaker version of Floyd and now Pac has reason's and excuses not to make the fight.

January 21st 2012 it's Pacquiao's fault. In 2010 and 2011 it was Floyds.
I just hope I'm right and it happens in november.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:15 am

I have been thinking: if Floyd did reject the idea of a 50/50 split then does he really want the fight?

Floyd was talking directly with Pac himself. Not going through social media. Not negotiating in articles with the boxing press (which he likes to do). He was talking to Pac himself, man to man. Pac said they could fight if it was 50/50 split, and Floyd said he couldn't do that. If I were Pac I think I would tell Floyd then go fuck yourself and fight someone else.

You can't negotiate with Floyd's response. We all know it should be 50/50.

From all of Arum's ridiculous excuses, we know he didn't want the fight. I thought Floyd wanted the fight, until this came out. Neither side really cares that much about making the fight.

Everyone is happy to go out and fight other fighters, while trying to con fight fans into continuing to buy their ppvs.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:25 am

captainanddew wrote:I have been thinking: if Floyd did reject the idea of a 50/50 split then does he really want the fight?

Floyd was talking directly with Pac himself. Not going through social media. Not negotiating in articles with the boxing press (which he likes to do). He was talking to Pac himself, man to man. Pac said they could fight if it was 50/50 split, and Floyd said he couldn't do that. If I were Pac I think I would tell Floyd then go fuck yourself and fight someone else.

You can't negotiate with Floyd's response. We all know it should be 50/50.

From all of Arum's ridiculous excuses, we know he didn't want the fight. I thought Floyd wanted the fight, until this came out. Neither side really cares that much about making the fight.

Everyone is happy to go out and fight other fighters, while trying to con fight fans into continuing to buy their ppvs.

That conversation had to be pure comedy.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:30 am

It's silly to argue who is at fault. Both of these assholes are at fault. Both made excuses on why the fight won't happen.

If both really wanted to fight it would have happened by now.

But as long as both these clowns are selling million PPVs fighting Ortiz, Mosley, Clottey ect it won't happen.

Why I refuse to watch this bullshit of a rematch with Cotto
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2