The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBC Fight Night...TONIGHT

+5
Soonermark890
gomez1012
captainanddew
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NBC Fight Night...TONIGHT - Page 2 Empty Re: NBC Fight Night...TONIGHT

Post  Rum Capital Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Shaun wrote:Kenny Rice. Why?

Listen to what Kenny says about boxing. Now that idiot is doing commentary for it?

did i miss something? they actually showed boxing love.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Shaun wrote:Kenny Rice. Why?

Listen to what Kenny says about boxing. Now that idiot is doing commentary for it?

did i miss something? they actually showed boxing love.

Frank showed boxing love. Kenny insisted that Boxing and MMA Boxing were the same thing. "If you're a good boxer you're a good boxer, if you're a good mma guy you're a good boxer."

Uhh, no Kenny, you're not.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:37 pm

good main event so far. byarm needs to let his hands go.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:48 am

It wasn't that bad. But I dunno what NBC wants. If they are just wanting a time filler, then mission accomplish. But if they are trying to build a must watch boxing show, they need to get better match-ups.

Showing up-and-comers is fine, but got to have atleast one name fighter or a very good match-up as the main event to even get people to watch.

We'll see how committed NBC is to boxing by how they promote their next fight featuring Judah. Zab may be finished at the higher levels, but he's a name and a character. The fight is in Judah's hometown of Brooklyn, so there should be a good crowd.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:44 am

GrantZilla wrote:It wasn't that bad. But I dunno what NBC wants. If they are just wanting a time filler, then mission accomplish. But if they are trying to build a must watch boxing show, they need to get better match-ups.

Showing up-and-comers is fine, but got to have atleast one name fighter or a very good match-up as the main event to even get people to watch.

We'll see how committed NBC is to boxing by how they promote their next fight featuring Judah. Zab may be finished at the higher levels, but he's a name and a character. The fight is in Judah's hometown of Brooklyn, so there should be a good crowd.

Seemed like a good overall presentation from the bits/pieces that I saw. Small setting, club style boxing.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:55 pm

I only watched Rosado vs Soto Karass, the rest of the card must of sucked which is what I expected...at least they didnt have any Chuck Giampa moments! Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 pm

gomez1012 wrote:I only watched Rosado vs Soto Karass, the rest of the card must of sucked which is what I expected...at least they didnt have any Chuck Giampa moments! Laughing
The main event was a solid fight. Both guys were pretty limited but they put on a show and fought hard.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:20 am

Finally watched this on my PVR last night. The production was good, looked professional from a broadcasting perspective. Freddy really shouldn't have been on there in that role, but he did lend some legitimacy to it. BJ Flores was alright.

The Rosado v. Karass fight was actually a good one, entertaining and interesting match too. But I have to say I was disapointed in the other two bouts. Boring, frankly. Too bad the original card fell apart so badly. Wonder what kind of ratings it did?
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:36 am

So the first Fight Night got 264,000 viewers. Pretty good considering it's a new network and only hockey gets slightly better ratings on it. Add on it featured nothing but nobodies

http://tinyurl.com/8yku8ct
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:22 am

GrantZilla wrote:So the first Fight Night got 264,000 viewers. Pretty good considering it's a new network and only hockey gets slightly better ratings on it. Add on it featured nothing but nobodies

Wow, it appears that it's the second most popular event on the channel. It doesn't look like this show will be going anywhere considering how inexpensive the budget is to host the "club style" fights.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:37 am

Shaun wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:So the first Fight Night got 264,000 viewers. Pretty good considering it's a new network and only hockey gets slightly better ratings on it. Add on it featured nothing but nobodies

Wow, it appears that it's the second most popular event on the channel. It doesn't look like this show will be going anywhere considering how inexpensive the budget is to host the "club style" fights.

For sure. Zab fight will do even better ratings. Zab a name and the fight will be in New York, so it'll get more media exposure.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2