The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight?

+3
Rum Capital
Shaun
powerpuncher
7 posters

Go down

Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight? Empty Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight?

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:12 am

i was thinking about this the other day and decided to make a topic out of it. i, like most others, love watching a blood and guts fighter who will always leave everything in the ring. i also love to watch master boxers do their thing even if it does seem boring to some people. so here are my top 5 in no particular order:

Floyd Mayweather: i dont know what it is, but i love watching him fight. he is just so quick and he is so good at adjusting in the ring that its so fun for me to watch him at work. i know that some think that he is boring but not me.

Andre Ward: same kind of reason as mayweather. it just amazes me as i watch him how good he is at fighting his opponents fight and still beating them. i literally have enjoyed every fight he has had in the super 6 tournament.

Juan Manuel Marquez: he is the best of both worlds for me. i have seen him in some great wars but also in some very great technical fights. i always know that no matter what style he uses that night, he will always bring enjoyment.

Brandon Rios: like him or not, he doesnt back up. he will take however many shots he needs to in order to hit you. and the good thing about him is that he isnt a slow and plodding fighter like margarito. he has more speed and precision which makes him more exciting for me.

Yuriorkis Gamboa: crazy style of fighting but its enjoyable. he hits hard enough and is fast enough to KO anybody but is vulnerable enough to always keep the fight exciting.

there may be a few fighters i didnt think of but these are the 5 i picked.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight? Empty Re: Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight?

Post  Shaun Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:15 am

powerpuncher wrote:i was thinking about this the other day and decided to make a topic out of it. i, like most others, love watching a blood and guts fighter who will always leave everything in the ring. i also love to watch master boxers do their thing even if it does seem boring to some people. so here are my top 5 in no particular order:

Floyd Mayweather: i dont know what it is, but i love watching him fight. he is just so quick and he is so good at adjusting in the ring that its so fun for me to watch him at work. i know that some think that he is boring but not me.

Andre Ward: same kind of reason as mayweather. it just amazes me as i watch him how good he is at fighting his opponents fight and still beating them. i literally have enjoyed every fight he has had in the super 6 tournament.

Juan Manuel Marquez: he is the best of both worlds for me. i have seen him in some great wars but also in some very great technical fights. i always know that no matter what style he uses that night, he will always bring enjoyment.

Brandon Rios: like him or not, he doesnt back up. he will take however many shots he needs to in order to hit you. and the good thing about him is that he isnt a slow and plodding fighter like margarito. he has more speed and precision which makes him more exciting for me.

Yuriorkis Gamboa: crazy style of fighting but its enjoyable. he hits hard enough and is fast enough to KO anybody but is vulnerable enough to always keep the fight exciting.

there may be a few fighters i didnt think of but these are the 5 i picked.

I like all of your choices. Even though I hate Rios, it's always an entertaining fight with him. He's literally the new Fernando Vargas, only more aggressive.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight? Empty Re: Who are your 5 Favorite current fighters to watch fight?

Post  Rum Capital Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 am

lucian bute, rios, donaire, sergio martinez, and maidana.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:32 am

pac bute donaire gamboa martinez..had to leave a few off like rios kahn etc etc..there are some who i hate watching like bo-hop winky wright clottey bradley alexander wlad ...guys short on talent but i dont mind watching are berto ortiz kasidis cause they provide action.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:54 pm

Floyd, Linares, Ward, Donaire, and Bute in that order. For the same reasons people have mentioned. I prefer watching crafty skilled fighters but that doesn't mean I don't love a good brawl.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:08 pm

im surprised so many people put bute. not that he is a boring fighter to watch or anything, but to me he isnt that exciting.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:18 pm

powerpuncher wrote:im surprised so many people put bute. not that he is a boring fighter to watch or anything, but to me he isnt that exciting.
I like how he sets up traps. He'll throw away two rounds (even though he usually wins them anyways) to create an opening for his uppercut. He's a tactician and he finishes fights. It's fun for me to try and figure out how he's going to do it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Carl Froch, Amir Khan, Abner Mares, Juan Manuel Marquez, Brandon Rios.

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Carl Froch, Amir Khan, Abner Mares, Juan Manuel Marquez, Brandon Rios.
mares is a great one. i completely forgot about him.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 pm

1. Segura
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Juanma Lopez
5. Kirkland/Angulo

These guys provide exciting fights everytime.

Guys that provide the exact opposite for me are, Hopkins, Dawson, Dirrell, Klits sisters, Haye, Povetkin, and Bradley.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:18 am

Diego408 wrote:1. Segura
2. Juan Manuel Marquez
3. Sergio Martinez
4. Juanma Lopez
5. Kirkland/Angulo

These guys provide exciting fights everytime.

Guys that provide the exact opposite for me are, Hopkins, Dawson, Dirrell, Klits sisters, Haye, Povetkin, and Bradley.

Shit...I was gonna put those as my fav's sunny
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down