The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss

+3
Soonermark890
Groundhog
GrantZilla
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss Empty Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:25 am

Some of mine:

I was poisened

I over trained

I couldn't get my punches off(No shit)

That wasn't me in there(who the fuck was it)
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss Empty Re: Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss

Post  Groundhog Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 am

"He was just the better fighter.... .. .. THAT NIGHT"

how bout he's just the better fight lol. that's what rematches are for I guess haha

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss Empty Re: Your favorite excuses fighters give for a loss

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:31 am

Groundhog wrote:"He was just the better fighter.... .. .. THAT NIGHT"

how bout he's just the better fight lol. that's what rematches are for I guess haha

That one isn't bad, and can be accurate. A fighter can just have an off night. It happens to the best. How SRR lost to LaMotta, a loss SSR avenged 3 times after.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:31 am

Ok let me see what has allan green said this year?

He could tell I was weak...

I got hit in the back of the head....(that one might have been true)
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:33 am

PAvlik is the best with his exscuses, "That wasn't me," to "I couldn't get my punches off," to the one I hate the most "I'm not going to make exscuses, but......"

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:15 am

i dont like any excuses but the best was lennox lewis saying to larry merchant..i could not beat the count so they stoped the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:13 am

George Foreman excusing his knockout loss to Ali: (a) I was drugged (b) The ropes were loose (c) The count was too fast

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:55 am

My favorite excuse: "I left my fight in the locker room." Well, that's ok except the fight is in the ring, not the locker rooms. Next time, have a conversation with "your fight", who ever he is, and tell him to bring his ass in the ring.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:31 am

dmar5143 wrote:i dont like any excuses but the best was lennox lewis saying to larry merchant..i could not beat the count so they stoped the fight.

i disagree with you here dmar. after Lewis' lost to McCall and Rahman i thought he was very dignified in defeat. i think he took his losses like a man and accepted that he got caught with big punches he didn't see. after the Rahman KO he could have come out with all sorts of excuses about not training properly or the fight being at altitude, but instead he was very accepting of what happened and took a profound stance on things

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:10 pm

lewis said that a few times as i remember and merchent finaly corrected him saying you got knocked out.not beating the count is a knockout..lewis still would not acknowledge he got koed..lol caught by a punch he didnt see coming.the punch came straight at him..and in the rahman fight you could see him closing in on the real estate each round and setting up the right to unload on him....it wasnt big punches either it was ONE punch..straight at him.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:28 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lewis said that a few times as i remember and merchent finaly corrected him saying you got knocked out.not beating the count is a knockout..lewis still would not acknowledge he got koed..lol caught by a punch he didnt see coming.the punch came straight at him..and in the rahman fight you could see him closing in on the real estate each round and setting up the right to unload on him....it wasnt big punches either it was ONE punch..straight at him.

yeh but he didn't come out with huge bundles of excuses such as "i over trained". he said clearly he got caught with a punch that stopped him beating the count. i couldn't begin to imagine the emotions a fighter would be going through on that kind of stage under those circumstances and i think that if you take that into consideration Lewis really wasn't a "bag of excuses" type of guy. after the McCall defeat he was very humble, he gave McCall his respect and congratulations and all he said was "the ref didn't think i was OK to continue, i did, you know this is heavyweight boxing and he caught me with a good shot" or something along them lines because i remember thinking to myself, "fair play Lennox, good man"
I think if we're going to talk about people giving excuses then Allen Green needs to be top of the list of active fighters. i hate the "i over trained" or "i struggled to make the weight" because these guys are supposed to be professionals and that all comes with the territory. Hopkins would never admit when he has lost and that bothers me as much as excuses for not winning, i understand Hopkins mentality but for somebody that blurts about respect all the time he doesn't seem to quite grasp the concept of it.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:32 pm

ill agree on that.especialy green and bo-hop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Frank wrote:My favorite excuse: "I left my fight in the locker room." Well, that's ok except the fight is in the ring, not the locker rooms. Next time, have a conversation with "your fight", who ever he is, and tell him to bring his ass in the ring.

THAT was funny!

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Clottey Diarrhea

Tarver poisoned vs Hopkins

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:11 pm

I only had two weeks to train.Then why did you take the fight in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:12 pm

Holyfield seems to have a new one after every loss,i.e.heart,shoulder etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:35 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:I only had two weeks to train.Then why did you take the fight in the first place.

LOL!

Or like Abraham vs Froch, I trained for 8 months so I stunk lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:37 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:I only had two weeks to train.Then why did you take the fight in the first place.

LOL!

Or like Abraham vs Froch, I trained for 8 months so I stunk lol

Eight months is a recipe for blue balls.

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:18 pm

"I just didn't have my legs tonight."
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:21 pm

"The Ref wouldn't let me fight my fight."
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Paulie blaming McGirt for a couple of his losses was one of the worst
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:34 pm

"I broke my back."-Mike Tyson

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:42 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:"I broke my back."-Mike Tyson

i remember seeing a fight with Mike Tyson where he was quite young and unstoppable and he actually claimed he broke his neck in the lead up to a fight he won. anybody else remember that?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:45 pm

dbudge wrote:

i remember seeing a fight with Mike Tyson where he was quite young and unstoppable and he actually claimed he broke his neck in the lead up to a fight he won. anybody else remember that?

Damn.That one takes the proverbial cake.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:08 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Damn.That one takes the proverbial cake.

i'm sure i watched it on espn classic and the commentator was just so caught in the headlights he didn't really know quite what to say. Tyson wasn't the smartest guy around

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next