The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011

5 posters

Go down

COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011    Empty COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:11 am

1) Derek Chisora-Robert Helenius
Fought in Helenius’ native Helsinki. Chisora outlanded Helenius in total punches and power punches in EVERY round. Chisora had a 214-77 edge in power shots landed, throwing 468 to Helenius’ 215.

2) Sebastian Zbik-JC Chavez
Fought in Chavez-friendly So. Cal. Zbik landed more total punches in 10 of 12 rounds and more power shots in 9 of 12 rounds. Zbik also landed 54% of his power shots.

3) Matthew Macklin-Felix Sturm
Fought in the friendly confines of Sturm’s native Germany. In addition to outlanding Sturm by 127 total punches, Murray outlanded Sturm in power punches in EVERY round. Two judges scored it 116-112 Sturm- smell the stench?

4)Martin Murray-Felix Sturm
An early Christmas gift for Sturm. Mannheim was the site. Murray outlanded Sturm 2-1 in power shots (184-90), outlanding him in that department in EVERY round.

http://tinyurl.com/7x9tkpe

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011    Empty Re: COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011

Post  captainanddew Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:14 am

hopefully the numbers are accurate. Compubox can be way off.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011    Empty Re: COMPUBOX LOOKS AT THE WORST DECISIONS OF 2011

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:45 pm

captainanddew wrote:hopefully the numbers are accurate. Compubox can be way off.
i agree. thats why i never pay attention to compubox.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:35 pm

Compubox is too misleading. Zbik-Chavez Jr was a close fight. It was nowhere near being one of the worst decisions this year.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:59 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:hopefully the numbers are accurate. Compubox can be way off.
i agree. thats why i never pay attention to compubox.

Angulo vs Kirkland
Compubox says
round 1
Angulo 37 of 74-total punches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c9kOEWevOo

Anyone who thinks compubox has validity just needs to watch round 1. I don't know or care to know how they count punches, but they need to change it.

Angulo threw at least 110 punches in the round meaning at the least compubox was off by 36 punches which is a joke.

Does compubox not check their work??
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:07 pm

I don't like CompuBox because it's too similar to the joke Olympic scoring. And as you pointed out, horribly in-accurate.

I remember in Calzghe-Hopkins fight, they had Calzaghe landing like 200 "punches" against Hopkins. Which is a load of shit. If you watch that fight, almost all of Calzaghe's slaps where deflected or Hops was ducking them.

I remember Hops saying after the fight that the Punch Count was absurd, and that he would be looking like The Elephant Man if he was hit that many times.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:04 pm

thats why anytime anybody tries to use compubox as a legit reason that someone won a fight i disregard it. not only is it inaccurate but they also dont tell you the effect of the punches. a power punch from chris byrd that doesnt faze his opponent compared to a power punch from george foreman that almost decapitates his opponent are completely different although on paper they are counted the same.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:34 pm

powerpuncher wrote:thats why anytime anybody tries to use compubox as a legit reason that someone won a fight i disregard it. not only is it inaccurate but they also dont tell you the effect of the punches. a power punch from chris byrd that doesnt faze his opponent compared to a power punch from george foreman that almost decapitates his opponent are completely different although on paper they are counted the same.

I don't go off of power as much as clean-effective punches. Not every fighter is blessed with the power of a George Foreman.

So if one opponent is landing say 10-12 clean punches and another opponent is landing one or two clean punches but his punches got more power, who do you give the round too?

That's how Bum Jr-Zibik fight went down. Zibik was land far more cleaner punches, but he had no power.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:32 pm

Chavez vs Zbik wasnt close at all. Zbik dominated that fight and got robbed.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:19 am

GrantZilla wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:thats why anytime anybody tries to use compubox as a legit reason that someone won a fight i disregard it. not only is it inaccurate but they also dont tell you the effect of the punches. a power punch from chris byrd that doesnt faze his opponent compared to a power punch from george foreman that almost decapitates his opponent are completely different although on paper they are counted the same.

I don't go off of power as much as clean-effective punches. Not every fighter is blessed with the power of a George Foreman.

So if one opponent is landing say 10-12 clean punches and another opponent is landing one or two clean punches but his punches got more power, who do you give the round too?

That's how Bum Jr-Zibik fight went down. Zibik was land far more cleaner punches, but he had no power.
i agree but at the same time you have to see the shots that are more effective. if one guy is out landing the other 2-1 then that guy will win the round but if its a 1:1 ratio then i will give it to the guy who seems to be hitting with the harder shots.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down