The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

compubox offers a theory on the scoring

Go down

compubox offers a theory on the scoring Empty compubox offers a theory on the scoring

Post  captainanddew Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:43 pm

they had Pac landing 253 punches to 159 for Bradley for the entire fight

Pac landed 48% of punches in the final minute of the rounds (they do minute by minute for each round for Pac on their site).

They said maybe the judges were swayed because it seemed that Pac was losing the first 2 mins of many rounds.

Compubox doesn't provide the punches that Bradley landed by minute, which already makes me question their theory.

The big problem with Compubox's theory is this. The very questionable rounds in my mind are rounds 5 and 7.

Round 5-2 judges had Bradley winning the round.

Round 5: Bradley was 8 of 68. He landed 8 punches.

Pac landed 2 punches in the 1st minute of round 5.
He landed 5 punches in the 2nd minute of round 7.

Without even knowing when Bradley landed punches, I find it hard to believe that anyone could believe Pac was losing decisively the round thru 2 mins.

He landed 7 punches in those first 2 mins. Bradley landed 8 the entire round.

What did Pac do in the final minute of round 5?

he landed 15 punches.

So even if someone though Bradley was winning the first 2 mins of the round, Pac did so much more overall in that round; 22 punches landed to Bradley's 8 punches. And considering that Pac's punches moved Bradley and Bradley's didn't move Pac.

A joke.

Round 7- Bradley was 11 for 67.
Pac minute 1: 5 punches landed
Pac minute 2: 13 punches landed
Pac minute 3: 9 punches landed

You don't have to be a mathematician to understand Pac's 18 punches in the first 2 minute are over 1.5 times as many for Bradley the entire round. He landed 11 punches the entire round. Pac landed 18 in the first 2 mins alone.

Pac landed 27 for the entire round as he had a strong final minute as well. And once again Pac's punches have more on them by and large.

Once again, Compubox's theory doesn't hold water for round 7.

All 3 judges somehow thought Bradley won round 7.

There is no theory that makes sense to explain rounds 5 and 7.

Does compubox's theory make sense for some actual close rounds? It might. A good example is round 10.

Bradley landed 14 punches the entire round
Pac landed 14 the entire round.

But Pac landed only 2 punches in the 1st minute and 5 in the second minute. He may have appeared behind after 2 mins. So for a close round like that I understand compubox's theory.

i don't agree that the theory is how judging should take place.

There are 3 mins of a round. It wasn't as if Pac was running. But in the first minute of rounds Pac caught alot of punches on his gloves and would land a few. 2nd minute of most rounds he would open up more. And then when Bradley was tired in the final minute he was looking to do more damage. To me, he was happy for the rounds to be somewhat even for 2 mins as he knew he would be able to do damage in the final minute.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum