The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED]

3 posters

Go down

MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED] Empty MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED]

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:42 pm

I've been watching fights since 1969-1970, something like that. Here are some things I'm glad I've seen. Most I saw as they happened, some I saw from a friend's film collection not knowing what was coming and not having previous info. So the same as seeing it when as it happened.
Here are some moments I am glad I've seen
-George Foreman looking to the sky then dropping to his knees after KOing Moorer
-George Foreman protecting Lampley and Merchant when the riot broke out in MSG the night of Bowe-Golota
-The eighth round of Saad Muhammad -Yaqui Lopez II. Miracle Matthew one more time!
-Bazooka Limon grinning at the crowd as he got up to beat the bell after Bobby Chacon knocked him down at the end of the most brutal fight I can recall.
-Sweet Pea having Azumah Nelson in a headlock under his right arm and he reaches behind his back with his left and playfully pops the Professor on the head.
-Muhammad Ali, a beaten man after 11 rounds, summoning his greatness in the sixty seconds between rounds from the depths of his soul in Manila.
-Ricardo Lopez, cut in four places and behind on the cards to Bufalo Alvarez, leaving his corner ten seconds early, hands up, marching to the center of the ring and waiting so there is not time lost in his pursuit.
-Mike Weaver loses 14 rounds and 2 minutes against Big John Tate and then a single left hook wins him the fight.
-Nicolino Locche standing in from of Antonio Cervantes and Cervantes cannot hit him. Just cannot hit him.
-The aftermath of the Alexis Arguello-Ray Mancini fight. As classy as it gets.
When We Were Kings
-Ray Leonard fighting off the ropes in round nine against Marvin Hagler.
-The great Dwight Muhammad Qawi returning to the place of his incarceration, Rahway State Prison, and beating James Scott.
-Juan Manuel Marquez on the ropes, catching Juan Diaz's punches like he was holding focus mitts in round three of their fight.
-James Toney mugging in imitation of Roy Jones who proceeds to knock him down.
-Joe Louis' grave in Arlington National Cemetery
-Round one of Arguello-Pryor I. 238 punches from two all-timers.
-In answer to his corner telling him HE was doing it against Danny Romero, Johnny Tapia shouting "WE'RE doing it!"
-Eddie Futch doing the honorable thing. Sacrificing the fight so the man could live.
-Hard guy BHOP staring down press row trying to hold back the tears after defeating Kelly Pavlik.
-Howard Cosell calling Alexis Arguello "the man with razer blades in his gloves."
-Jim Lampley and Larry Merchant coming apart as they talk about Arthur Curry.
Those are just a few of mine. What are some of yours

Back to top Go down

MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED] Empty Re: MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED]

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:40 pm

bernard dunne beating ricardo cordoba, complete shock, but epic

Back to top Go down

MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED] Empty Re: MOMENTS I'M GLAD I'VE SEEN [RECYCLED]

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:42 pm

Corrales being down twice, spitting out the mouthpiece twice, then getting up and stopping Castillo

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:43 pm

captainanddew wrote:Corrales being down twice, spitting out the mouthpiece twice, then getting up and stopping Castillo

i was pissed off at the gum shield thing, i thot he was cheating lol

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 am

captainanddew wrote:Corrales being down twice, spitting out the mouthpiece twice, then getting up and stopping Castillo

The way Corrales kept his cool, cheated (in a way I found acceptable) and figured out HOW to win was extraordinary.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:07 am

sugarrayhatton wrote:bernard dunne beating ricardo cordoba, complete shock, but epic

Upsets in front of home crowds are magic.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 am

Damn! Wish I would seen some stuff like that! Those events are pretty outrageous. So far the best I've seen (Live) was Pacquaio touch Ricky Hatton's brain.

Hopefully I will get to see Pac-Man destroy Floyd. (Hopefully we all will)
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:18 am

CervezaExtra wrote:Damn! Wish I would seen some stuff like that! Those events are pretty outrageous. So far the best I've seen (Live) was Pacquaio touch Ricky Hatton's brain.

I've been a fan for 40 years and I would have told you what Manny is doing could not be done. It just couldn't.

He is one hell of a place to start for a relatively new fan.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:20 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
CervezaExtra wrote:Damn! Wish I would seen some stuff like that! Those events are pretty outrageous. So far the best I've seen (Live) was Pacquaio touch Ricky Hatton's brain.

I've been a fan for 40 years and I would have told you what Manny is doing could not be done. It just couldn't.

My days started with Tyson. Then I went on to love watching Oscar and now I am a huge Pac fan. I have had some awesome memories but right now I am just too pissed about OU to remember them.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:39 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

My days started with Tyson. Then I went on to love watching Oscar and now I am a huge Pac fan. I have had some awesome memories but right now I am just too pissed about OU to remember them.

Then don't check the football section.

Back to top Go down

Post  CervezaExtra Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:49 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Then don't check the football section.

Haha, yeah. That's a good idea.
I think its awesome what Pacquaio is doing and I can't wait to see what he ends up accomplishing throughout the rest of his career.
CervezaExtra
CervezaExtra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down