The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The rematch that's flying under the radar

5 posters

Go down

The rematch that's flying under the radar Empty The rematch that's flying under the radar

Post  Guest Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Back to top Go down

The rematch that's flying under the radar Empty Re: The rematch that's flying under the radar

Post  powerpuncher Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:43 pm

i know. im excited for this fight. i dont know why cotto-margo is so much bigger for us boxing fans.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

The rematch that's flying under the radar Empty Re: The rematch that's flying under the radar

Post  dmar5143 Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:01 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i know. im excited for this fight. i dont know why cotto-margo is so much bigger for us boxing fans.
...it isnt to me.the mares fight is the better fight or bigger one in my eyes.its not ppv or at the garden but its a real war with 2 top guys at there peak.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Both fights are great. A great night to be a boxing fan!
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:30 pm

What's the deal with embedding youtube videos?

Also, the Cotto fight is bigger because both fighters are bigger (literally, popularity wise, and accomplishment wise). Plus Mares' low blows really ruined the 1st fight. Cotto v. Margo I was a classic.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:10 am

Gumby wrote:What's the deal with embedding youtube videos?

Also, the Cotto fight is bigger because both fighters are bigger (literally, popularity wise, and accomplishment wise). Plus Mares' low blows really ruined the 1st fight. Cotto v. Margo I was a classic.
but cotto vs margo II wont be a classic. it will be a completely different fight. the mares vs agbeko fight will be good because im sure that whoever the ref is wont allow the low blows because of what happened in the first fight. and the vic vs moreno fight is a solid fight.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:53 pm

powerpuncher wrote:

but cotto vs margo II wont be a classic. it will be a completely different fight. the mares vs agbeko fight will be good because im sure that whoever the ref is wont allow the low blows because of what happened in the first fight. and the vic vs moreno fight is a solid fight.
The entire card is stacked. And I don't know what crystal ball you're looking at that says the main event won't be a classic, yet somehow Mares v. Agbeko II will. Cotto v. Margo II has every aspect you'd want in a mega fight. Talented popular fighters, complementary styles, a back story, bad blood, the right weight class, media support. Showtime's putting on a stacked card too, but it isn't at the same level as the PPV.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:14 pm

The Showtime card has no star power and wont have the atmosphere that Cotto-Margo has. Add in a great undercard.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:02 pm

Gumby wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:

The entire card is stacked. And I don't know what crystal ball you're looking at that says the main event won't be a classic, yet somehow Mares v. Agbeko II will. Cotto v. Margo II has every aspect you'd want in a mega fight. Talented popular fighters, complementary styles, a back story, bad blood, the right weight class, media support. Showtime's putting on a stacked card too, but it isn't at the same level as the PPV.
at this point of their careers, mares and agbeko are better fighters than cotto and margo. plus, they had a good first fight and are still on top of their game. cotto and margo have both already taken beatings and are both definitely on the decline. could it be a good fight? yes, but i think that the mares and agbeko fight will be better and is a more significant fight (for real boxing fans at least).

i agree that the undercards on the PPV are pretty good but im just saying that if compare the main events then im more excited to see the showtime one.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:25 pm

powerpuncher wrote:at this point of their careers, mares and agbeko are better fighters than cotto and margo. plus, they had a good first fight and are still on top of their game. cotto and margo have both already taken beatings and are both definitely on the decline. could it be a good fight? yes, but i think that the mares and agbeko fight will be better and is a more significant fight (for real boxing fans at least).

Mares and Agbeko aren't better fighters than Cotto and Margo. You can argue that they're at the same level but they haven't accomplish nearly as much. Their first fight was a travesty that was ruined by bad officiating and not nearly as compelling as Cotto v. Margo I. On top of that, Mares and Agbeko is no where near as significant in. It determines who is arguably the 2nd best bantamweight and when both guys move up they might not even be among the best at 122. The winner of Cotto v. Margo is in line for just about any fight he wants. It also helps answer the question of whether Margo was cheating and if Cotto's career was derailed by foul play.

I've never understood the idea that just because something is popular it isn't as real. Let's wait 5 years and see which fight gets remembered and which fighters get remembered.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:59 am

Gumby wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:at this point of their careers, mares and agbeko are better fighters than cotto and margo. plus, they had a good first fight and are still on top of their game. cotto and margo have both already taken beatings and are both definitely on the decline. could it be a good fight? yes, but i think that the mares and agbeko fight will be better and is a more significant fight (for real boxing fans at least).

Mares and Agbeko aren't better fighters than Cotto and Margo. You can argue that they're at the same level but they haven't accomplish nearly as much. Their first fight was a travesty that was ruined by bad officiating and not nearly as compelling as Cotto v. Margo I. On top of that, Mares and Agbeko is no where near as significant in. It determines who is arguably the 2nd best bantamweight and when both guys move up they might not even be among the best at 122. The winner of Cotto v. Margo is in line for just about any fight he wants. It also helps answer the question of whether Margo was cheating and if Cotto's career was derailed by foul play.

I've never understood the idea that just because something is popular it isn't as real. Let's wait 5 years and see which fight gets remembered and which fighters get remembered.
i dont get how you think that at this point in their careers that margo and cotto are better than mares and agbeko. i just watched the mares and agbeko fight and they are both very good fighters. both sharp and quick. if cotto and margo look that good then they wouldnt have gotten beaten down that bad by pac.

and people will remember the cotto and margo fight in the future because of the loaded gloves but as of right now in boxing, mares winning is creating a new star in boxing who will soon be in the p4p. whoever wins the cotto and margo fight will mainly gain the respect they want but neither will ever be significant again.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down