The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC NOT ordering a rematch

3 posters

Go down

WBC NOT ordering a rematch Empty WBC NOT ordering a rematch

Post  Guest Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:25 pm

If there eventually is a rematch between Jean Pascal and Bernard Hopkins, as everyone is now anticipating, it will be the result of the boxers and their promoters coming to an agreement -not from the World Boxing Council issuing any threats or orders, its leader emphasized.

"I think it would be a great match again, a lot of money for the promoter. I don't believe either boxer's satisfied. If both want it, and all the promoters agree, why not?" WBC president Jose Sulaiman said. "But for me to raise a scandal, no. This was a great fight. All the world's talking about it. Why destroy it with negative comments?"

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/Council+order+rematch+this+great+fight/4002575/story.html#ixzz18fahJ12R

Back to top Go down

WBC NOT ordering a rematch Empty Re: WBC NOT ordering a rematch

Post  freakzilla Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:50 pm

[quote="Canvas"]
If there eventually is a rematch between Jean Pascal and Bernard Hopkins, as everyone is now anticipating, it will be the result of the boxers and their promoters coming to an agreement -not from the World Boxing Council issuing any threats or orders, its leader emphasized.

"I think it would be a great match again, a lot of money for the promoter. I don't believe either boxer's satisfied. If both want it, and all the promoters agree, why not?" WBC president Jose Sulaiman said. "But for me to raise a scandal, no. This was a great fight. All the world's talking about it. Why destroy it with negative comments?" /quote]

Because the WBC never does anything negative when it comes to boxing. Evil or Very Mad
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:54 pm

It was a draw there was no clear winner the WBC in this case would actually be doing something right by ordering a rematch of a draw.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Jose loves sending out press releases

"The WBC has ordered a Medium #2 at Wendys"
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:54 pm