The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kirkland vs. Bundrage?

+7
powerpuncher
Gumby
flapanther2001
captainanddew
Diego408
GrantZilla
gomez1012
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kirkland vs. Bundrage? Empty Kirkland vs. Bundrage?

Post  Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:03 pm

A clash with 38-year-old RING No. 8-rated IBF junior middleweight beltholder Cornelius Bundrage as early as February or March is among the options being considered for RING No. 6-rated counterpart James Kirkland, who is coming off an HBO-televised sixth-round knockout of Alfredo Angulo before what amounted to Angulo's partisan fans in Cancun, Mex., on Nov. 5.

I'd like to see it happen.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/170277-bundrage-kirkland-being-considered

Back to top Go down

Kirkland vs. Bundrage? Empty Re: Kirkland vs. Bundrage?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:04 pm

nice brawl for sure

HBO BAD!

Put Angulo vs Latimore on the under card
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:54 am

Don't be shocked if Bundrage is who Kirkland's handlers go after instead of rematching Molina.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 am

Steward said it happen if Kirkland won, GBP wants a title for him, I think we see it

Molina is probably the cheaper option tho
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:21 pm

It would be stupid to put in Kirkland with Molina again. Kirkland doesn't really again much from a rematch because Molina proved to be a much better fighter. I totally disagree with Max Kellerman indicating the ref robbed Kirkland from a KO which was not the case. He hit Molina with a great shot, but Molina was not hurt. Thinking as a promoter, i'd make Kirkland vs K-9 to get my guy a title shot, With eventually setting up a big money fight with Canelo Alvarez. Angulo vs Molina on the undercard. This would be a great bill.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 pm

Diego408 wrote:It would be stupid to put in Kirkland with Molina again. Kirkland doesn't really again much from a rematch because Molina proved to be a much better fighter. I totally disagree with Max Kellerman indicating the ref robbed Kirkland from a KO which was not the case. He hit Molina with a great shot, but Molina was not hurt. Thinking as a promoter, i'd make Kirkland vs K-9 to get my guy a title shot, With eventually setting up a big money fight with Canelo Alvarez. Angulo vs Molina on the undercard. This would be a great bill.

I think Molina had been hurt earlier in the round. I don't think he was especially hurt when he went down. If you had to make me bet on whether Kirkland would KO Molina or Molina could get through the final two rounds, I would have bet on the latter.

They want the title. And Bundrage is going to be turning 39 years old. I looked it up. I knew he was old, but turns 39 next month. 39!!!
A title allows for an easy mandatory or two. Relatively safe money for Kirkland's team. Then they go for a big fight against someone like Canelo.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 pm

I think K-9 KO's Kirkland...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:50 pm

I don't see why they don't just make Canelo vs. Kirkland for Mexican Independence day.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:37 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I don't see why they don't just make Canelo vs. Kirkland for Mexican Independence day.
Maybe because Kirkland sucks, was outclassed by Molina and doesn't deserve it?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:19 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Hagler's Bald Head wrote:I don't see why they don't just make Canelo vs. Kirkland for Mexican Independence day.
But other than that, he should get it right?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:19 am

Gumby wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
But other than that, he should get it right?
lol!
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:38 am

flapanther2001 wrote:

He's probably a juicer too. Lost in all the bullshit that went down in Texas last Saturday was the fact Kirkland refused to get a pre-fight urin test. I wonder if he gave a post-fight one, or pulled a Bum Jr and bolted out without giving one.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 am

grant in all fairness to chavez jr both he and rubio did not take a urine test after the fight.when all reports finaly came out it said texas simply forgot to give the test and chavez didnt bolt out of there after the fight.the sick part is in texas the test isnt mandatory from what i understand.with that alone and all the other things that happened in texas your right in calling for its abolishment.a pre fight test is a new one on me..a refusual to me is a admission of guilt .whats the big deal for it takes seconds to do that.all commisions should of at least have a minimum standard of rules that are the same.testing mandatory should be one of them.
texas i agree has plenty of strikes against them where there legitimacy is rightfully questioned.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:02 am

dmar5143 wrote:grant in all fairness to chavez jr both he and rubio did not take a urine test after the fight.when all reports finaly came out it said texas simply forgot to give the test and chavez didnt bolt out of there after the fight.the sick part is in texas the test isnt mandatory from what i understand.with that alone and all the other things that happened in texas your right in calling for its abolishment.a pre fight test is a new one on me..a refusual to me is a admission of guilt .whats the big deal for it takes seconds to do that.all commisions should of at least have a minimum standard of rules that are the same.testing mandatory should be one of them.
texas i agree has plenty of strikes against them where there legitimacy is rightfully questioned.

Yeah, I was kidding about Bum Jr bolting. But then again, he is a proven cheat.

As far as Kirkland, the exscuse was that he couldn't take a piss to provide a sample. Which is laughable. Go drink a Gator-Aid then! IF you're that dehydrated you can't take a piss during the hours before you step in the ring, you shouldn't be fighting.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:39 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

Kirkland's style and attitude puts bums on the seats, sure he isn't a great all round boxer but he's dangerous. Canelo has still yet to be tested against a top Jr Middle.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:13 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Kirkland's style and attitude puts bums on the seats, sure he isn't a great all round boxer but he's dangerous. Canelo has still yet to be tested against a top Jr Middle.
Kirkland is a draw?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:45 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Kirkland is a draw?

exactly. Since when is Kirkland a draw.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:52 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Kirkland is a draw?

Canelo is a draw, mix that with Kirkland's style and you'll create some buzz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:00 pm

captainanddew wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Kirkland is a draw?

exactly. Since when is Kirkland a draw.
He will be. If he keeps getting wins he will be a big draw because of his toughness and power. Its what the casual fan loves.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:48 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

Both Ryan Rhodes was ranked 4th when he met Canelo. What top guy has Kirkland beaten?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:20 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Both Ryan Rhodes was ranked 4th when he met Canelo. What top guy has Kirkland beaten?

I suppose Rhodes is decent but he was on the wrong side of 35.

Angulo.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:19 pm

Interesting point by Teddy.

He showed a replay from Kirkland/Molina. Kirkland went down in the round and it was called a slip.

Teddy believed the replay showed the punch wasn't blocked, hit Kirkland behind the ear, Kirkland fell down, and wasn't tripped. Delayed response to equilibrium per Teddy.

I'm not sure about that, but Teddy's last piece of evidence-look at Kirkland when he gets up. He doesn't look like a guy that slipped. He looked like someone that had been hurt.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:27 pm

captainanddew wrote:Interesting point by Teddy.

He showed a replay from Kirkland/Molina. Kirkland went down in the round and it was called a slip.

Teddy believed the replay showed the punch wasn't blocked, hit Kirkland behind the ear, Kirkland fell down, and wasn't tripped. Delayed response to equilibrium per Teddy.

I'm not sure about that, but Teddy's last piece of evidence-look at Kirkland when he gets up. He doesn't look like a guy that slipped. He looked like someone that had been hurt.
I think teddy was full of shit on that one.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:22 am

Soonermark890 wrote:

either way i believe that it should have been called a knockdown. it was by a punch but delayed. it didnt look like he tripped or anything.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:30 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

either way i believe that it should have been called a knockdown. it was by a punch but delayed. it didnt look like he tripped or anything.
It looked like to me that their legs were tangled right before he fell. He damn sure didnt look hurt.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next