ishe smith beat bundrage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

ishe smith beat bundrage

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:36 am

it was a kind of boring fight with a few exciting moments. i remember seeing ishe fight years back against david estrada and he destroyed him. estrada wasnt a terrible fighter either. i always felt that ishe was better than his career showed. im happy for him though. his next fight will probably be a tough one. im sure a good fighter will want a trinket and go after the easy target in smith.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Re: ishe smith beat bundrage

Post  captainanddew on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Ishe's problem has always been mental. Getting himself to let his hands go enough.

There is no number 1 in the IBF (Trinket he won) rankings. Number 2 is Carlos Molina. Number 3 is Demetrious Andrade.

Feel like Ishe won't get a soft defense. Hopefully he gets a good paycheck as he is going to earn it against guys like that.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:42 pm

Another example of titles being worthless if a gatekeeper like Ishe can win one.

Cotto and Golden Boy fucked up big time by having Trout in there with Cotto instead of Bundrage.
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:29 am

captainanddew wrote:Ishe's problem has always been mental. Getting himself to let his hands go enough.

There is no number 1 in the IBF (Trinket he won) rankings. Number 2 is Carlos Molina. Number 3 is Demetrious Andrade.

Feel like Ishe won't get a soft defense. Hopefully he gets a good paycheck as he is going to earn it against guys like that.
i actually hope molina gets his shot. he has been on the end of a lot of bad decisions in fights. especially the fight against kirkland. he deserves a title shot.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:09 am

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Ishe's problem has always been mental. Getting himself to let his hands go enough.

i actually hope molina gets his shot. he has been on the end of a lot of bad decisions in fights. especially the fight against kirkland. he deserves a title shot.
Molina is the type of fighter that will get very little opportunities, I'll be surprised if he gets a title shot any time soon.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:12 am

SlickMoney wrote:Another example of titles being worthless if a gatekeeper like Ishe can win one.

Cotto and Golden Boy fucked up big time by having Trout in there with Cotto instead of Bundrage.
I agree with all your points. I also dont believe Trout is all that good. Cotto isnt really all that good since he moved up to Jr Middle.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top