The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage?

+4
nano212
captainanddew
NJBeatdown86
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage? Empty Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage?

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:37 pm

Those are the options GB are looking at now that James BitchLand is being, well, a bitch

http://tinyurl.com/7lxr3kx
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage? Empty Re: Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:19 pm

Considering GBP is the only reason Kirkland isn't fighting in prison Undisputed-style, he should be doing whatever they say.

They'll go with K-9.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage? Empty Re: Canelo vs Lara, Trout, or Bundrage?

Post  captainanddew Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:33 pm

bundrage is the most likely option.
He has a belt.
He isn't a stylist.
He's hard nosed and would be competitive but very beatable.

Bundrage has a fight on June 30th, and I'm sure they wouldn't want him to skip that fight or he'd get stripped of the trinket that Canelo would like to add. Bundrage could sign for the bout now and hope to not only get by Spinks again, but also not get cut.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:36 pm

The Good news is with Kirkland punking out or re injured again that they might have to move this off PPV if Canelo is to face K9, Molina, trout or Drod!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm

I'd like to see Lara. He deserves a shot like this
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'd like to see Lara. He deserves a shot like this
I think Lara gives him fits and does what should be happening to Canelo at this point and beyond get tested in the ring! This kid if he is that Great that he is made out to be should clean out the 154lb division in a year in and a half time! Molina, Lara, K9, Cotto, Vanes, Trout and Drod are beatable fighters that should be fighting not only each other but Canelo needs those fights as well!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:26 pm

all 3 are good opponents.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:48 pm

GB seems to have alot of confidence in this kid. I havent seen them have this much confidence in a young fighter since they put Victor Ortiz in there with Marcos Maidana...oops.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Hopefully, K-9 gets past Spinks without any damage.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:00 am

None of those fights really tickle my fancy, I suppose Trout or K-9 would suffice.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:05 am

Ali wrote:None of those fights really tickle my fancy, I suppose Trout or K-9 would suffice.

so two guys that can box: Lara and Trout (though Trout doesn't have a gimme against Rodriguez) and a solid, tough guy who isn't going to roll over for Canelo, don't strike your fancy.

I love action. I'm as blood thirsty as the next fight fan. I'm not against Canelo vs brawlers like Kirkland. That fight will be fun as long as it lasts.

But I also like seeing guys that can box as well. These 3 guys aren't guys who are smaller versions of Andre Dirrell or anything.

These matchups are going to produce decent fights. Nothing to be scoffed at.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:53 pm

Kirkland pulling out of the fight annoys me for 2 reasons.

1) He pulled out of what would be a fun fight.

2) He was saved by the ref and Molina's bonehead trainer in his previous fight. I can't believe he thinks he has any ground to stand on. If I were Golden Boy, I would feed Kirkland to the wolves and put him in a low budget fight that he has a strong chance of losing.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:09 pm

after last night I don't want to see Trout too much right now. He was boring. He was content to make Rodriguez miss, hit Rodriguez enough to win the rounds, but not press his advantages.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:18 pm

Molina might be too dangerous for Oscar to contemplate.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down