The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

poor mundine

4 posters

Go down

poor mundine Empty poor mundine

Post  shakefree Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:37 pm

"Anthony Mundine claims his decade-old comment that the United States brought the September 11 terrorist attacks "upon themselves" is still preventing him from getting a big name fight in America.

Mundine took the WBA interim world light middleweight title in a unanimous points decision over Rigoberto Alvarez in Newcastle on Wednesday night, paving the way for a potential fight with undefeated American Austin Trout in Australia.

Often accused of dodging the big names, Mundine said the reason why he hadn't had a major US fight was because of his 2001 comment on Channel Nine which was widely reported and condemned.

"Get on to the American people. They're blacklisting me. I'm telling you they're blacklisting me because of the September 11 (comment)," Mundine said.

"I know it. I can feel it in my heart. They don't want me to go over there and kick their butts and make money.

"I don't want their money, I just want to fight the best. Just line them up. I am ready to take on all comers in the super welterweight division. I believe I am the best.

"I'm charismatic, I'm flashy, I'm pretty, I'm a former three-time world champion ... You tell me why they don't want me.

"There's only one reason why and you all know what it is."

Mundine, 36, at least made sure he got the chance to fight another day, a loss on Wednesday night likely to have scuppered any hopes of bigger fights in the near future.

He proved far too hungry for the Mexican, coming out strongly before using his quick left jab to take control of the fight.

Two judges had `The Man' winning comfortably 1117-111 while the third scored a tighter fight, 114-113.

But what was clear was with a host of NRL stars in his corner, Mundine's influence on the fight increased as the rounds ticked over and his opponent tired.

The former rugby league star soon got on top in the bout using the power of his right hand to attack a wound above Alvarez's left eye which opened up during a barrage of blows in the fourth round.

From the beginning it was Mundine who came out firing, claiming honours in the first round before Alvarez awoke and fired back with a series of body blows to take the second.

It only served to spur Mundine on with the cocky Australian mixing speed and power to earn the judges' respect in rounds three, four and five.

Alvarez momentarily wrested back momentum in the sixth but it was Mundine who came home the more powerful.

"I produced something a lot of people didn't think I could," Mundine said after the fight.

"Sorry there wasn't a knockout. I was going for it."

Trout now appears firmly on his radar, though a deal as to be agreed.

"Bring on that sucker. He was talking crap about me, saying this, saying that ... so bring it on Austin," Mundine said."

shakefree

Back to top Go down

poor mundine Empty Re: poor mundine

Post  GrantZilla Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:47 pm

If anything, those comments would help him sell a fight in the US, because he would have easily been sold as a villian.

Boxers have said far worse shit than his stupid comments.

Pretty weak exscuse by Mundine. But that's to be expected from him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:08 pm

He can't get a fight in the U.S because nobody gives a shit about him outside Australia.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:30 pm

exactly a weak excuse.he said after his last fight he wanted the big names.now either he realises he means zero to them &/or it's another reason he can justify not going to america.i'd have more respect for him if he just said"i make enough money fighting b,c,d level fighters here,why would i go to america & fight the top tier,the pain isn't worth the economic gain"instead he plays"the world is against me because i'm so great"tune over & over....

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:14 pm

I dont know how he keeps making himself relevant in boxing. HBO better not buy that fight with him and Trout. He lost at the end of last year and he thinks hes intitled for big fights after beating Canelos brother..... dude is full of shit.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down