The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More comedy from Mundine

4 posters

Go down

More comedy from Mundine Empty More comedy from Mundine

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 15, 2012 5:04 am

Mundine: Mayweather is The Only Fighter on My Level!

Anthony Mundine hasn't given up on landing a fight with world champion Floyd Mayweather despite the WBA stripping him of his interim super welterweight title.

Mundine was the mandatory challenger to American title-holder Austin Trout but his camp failed to show at a purse bid set up by the WBA in late March.

"When we were negotiating Trout had no TV and was going to be reliant on fighting in my market and taking the majority of the share," Mundine said.

Mundine now finds himself with no interim title, no American management after the expiry of his short-term deal with Cameron Dunkin, and is off-side with the WBA.

But he hasn't given up on landing the biggest fish in five-division world champion Mayweather (43-0).

"I just want to go after Mayweather, I don't want nobody else," Mundine said. "He's the only one on my level.

"I want to fight the best ... I want to build up to the best but I've got to get over there."

He said he needed a credible fight in the US to get his name out there.

"I just need to get over there and showcase my skills against a credible opposition so they start talking about me and I get a name and a following," Mundine said.

He still believed Trout wasn't the right opponent because he'd never fought "a name".

"I offered him twice the amount he'd got in his whole career but he wanted to go to purse bid," Mundine said.

"I'm not going to sell myself short and get robbed by a guy who just barely became champion and then if I beat him I still won't get the credit I deserve."

Mundine said he hoped to sign off on a fight in the next 48 hours but didn't want to reveal any details, except that it wasn't rematches with Danny Green or Daniel Geale.

http://tinyurl.com/bveocga
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

More comedy from Mundine Empty Re: More comedy from Mundine

Post  captainanddew Tue May 15, 2012 7:18 am

lol. delusional is not a strong enough description.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue May 15, 2012 8:31 pm

I'd like to see Mundine vs. a Gitmo interrogater, after that he can fight Floyd. Christ, this guy is getting more delusional with each press release.

Freak, why has this guy gotten more press than Kats ever did? Is it all from being a former rugby star/shithead in public?
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed May 16, 2012 8:24 pm

This guy wants to fight the best and get his name out there so he's going to fight.......Bronco McKart.

Earlier today, former champion Anthony Mundine (43-4, 25KOs) held a press conference in Australia to announce a July fight in Las Vegas against veteran Bronco McKart (54-9-1, 32KOs). It was claimed that ESPN would be airing this event on July 4th, but several sources have advised BoxingScene.com that Mundine-McKart is NOT going to appear on the network.

www.boxingscene.com/mundine-mckart-bout-heads-wealth-tv-not-espn--52935
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down