Re: Poor Mike Dallas Jr

Post  NJBeatdown86 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:14 am

You knew it was coming, but DAMN.

Nobody will fight Matthysse now.
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:15 am

yep.dallas is a second tier FNF fighter.thats it.paulie did a great job as usual tonight.out of all the fighters who commentated paulies the best.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:00 am

i think danny garcia beat matthysse and ill tell you why. from what ive seen of garcia, he is a hard counter puncher. he isnt one of those counter punchers that will just give you a counter jab here or there. when he counters, he throws it like he means it. matthysse is a very good fighter but he throws very wildly. i see garcia working in training camp on how to avoid and counter those looping shots.

but great KO by matthysse tonight!
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:18 am

the division is stacked with good tough fighters and several can punch.LM by far is the biggest puncher in the division where last night he impressed paulie a lot with his power.can he ko garcia.absolutely as well as anyone in the division.is garcia capable of wining over 12 or by a ko also.yep.dont rule that out.LM reminds me a lot of 50s middle edwardo lausse also from argentina.monster puncher with a great left hook.the beast of the division like lm is today.in fact they fight identical.
LM doesnt punch wildly he punches wide.he needs to shorten that hook.if he doesnt he will miss and a smart fighter like garcia can come over the top with a big right hand and that could start trouble for lm..garcia is by far a more complete fighter who also can hit so dont rule out him wining.
anything can happen in that division with the punchers that are in it.LM hits so hard and has plenty of determination which in my mind makes him the favorite against anyone.he has shortcomings that a kahn or a garcia can take advantage of for a win.just dont get hit.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:21 pm

I voted under 4 rounds last night on the poll. How Matthyesse preformed last night is the reason no one will fight him. I actually dot see him wetting any relevant fights this year. If I was GBP and Khan didnt take on Josesito Lopez, I'd make Matthysse vs Lopez in a heart beat.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Matthysse weight in at 138 1/2 pounds and came in at 163 1/2 pounds fight night. That's scary.
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:27 pm

Diego408 wrote:Matthysse weight in at 138 1/2 pounds and came in at 163 1/2 pounds fight night. That's scary.
...are you sure.dam thats 25 pounds.so he is a legit middleweight.no wonder he hits hard for that division.again guys same day weigh inns please.this is rediculous..if in fact he was 163 then lausse from argentina in the 50s would eat him alive.
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:45 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Matthysse weight in at 138 1/2 pounds and came in at 163 1/2 pounds fight night. That's scary.
...are you sure.dam thats 25 pounds.so he is a legit middleweight.no wonder he hits hard for that division.again guys same day weigh inns please.this is rediculous..if in fact he was 163 then lausse from argentina in the 50s would eat him alive.

Matthyse's team have stated that showtime got it wrong. LM weighed 153 (which is in line with what he weighed in either the judah or alexander fight before).

Just look at LM. He doesn't look anything like guys who were absolutely huge at 140 like Ortiz.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 am

This is terrible matchmaking. Dallas should never have been put in a fight like that. Did anyone see Josesito Lopez knock him out? That was a brutal KO. Anyone with any kind of sense should have seen this one coming as well.

Someone isn't looking out for the best interests of his career, that's for sure.
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:28 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

Matthyse's team have stated that showtime got it wrong. LM weighed 153 (which is in line with what he weighed in either the judah or alexander fight before).

Just look at LM. He doesn't look anything like guys who were absolutely huge at 140 like Ortiz.
i hope it was only 153. haha. 163 would be ridiculous.

i know that matthysse is keep improving but im just surprised that he didnt KO zab. i mean, zab doesnt have a solid chin or anything and always has problems with punchers. even though most people thought matthysse probably won, zab was still very competitive. if they had never fought, i would predict an early KO.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

i know that matthysse is keep improving but im just surprised that he didnt KO zab. i mean, zab doesnt have a solid chin or anything and always has problems with punchers. even though most people thought matthysse probably won, zab was still very competitive. if they had never fought, i would predict an early KO.
Matthysse started verry slowly in that fight and allowed Zab to work around him, He caught up late, but hadn't done enough damage to stop him. Matthysse would not fight him the same way in a rematch...
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Shaun wrote:This is terrible matchmaking. Dallas should never have been put in a fight like that. Did anyone see Josesito Lopez knock him out? That was a brutal KO. Anyone with any kind of sense should have seen this one coming as well.

Someone isn't looking out for the best interests of his career, that's for sure.
Shit...even us mugs knew it was a mismatch from the git....
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 am

captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

This makes more sense. He looked bigger than Dallas(lightweight) but not like the monsters of the weigh-in. Clottey, Rios, JCC Jr and more always look like they are fighting someone a division or 2 below them which they more or less are.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew on Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:45 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:

Matthysse started verry slowly in that fight and allowed Zab to work around him, He caught up late, but hadn't done enough damage to stop him. Matthysse would not fight him the same way in a rematch...

wasn't the first fight only 10 rounds? And Zab didn't win the fight. He got the decision but LM won the fight. LM has built enough of a name that he shouldn't get screwed over by judges in a rematch.

captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:47 pm

It was 12, and from my perspective in the crowd, it felt like Lucas won all but maybe the first two rounds, crowd (which was entirely there for Zab) booed the hell out of Judah's performance all night and then the bogus decision.
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:42 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:It was 12, and from my perspective in the crowd, it felt like Lucas won all but maybe the first two rounds, crowd (which was entirely there for Zab) booed the hell out of Judah's performance all night and then the bogus decision.
i dont remember it being a terrible decision. i thought it was close either way and dont think that the decision was ridiculous even though LM should have won.
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top