The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FIGHT.THE OPTIONS

2 posters

Go down

THE FIGHT.THE OPTIONS Empty THE FIGHT.THE OPTIONS

Post  dmar5143 Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:02 am

first i feel it was another bad night for boxing.harold letterman in the interview is 100 percent correct.a accidental foul should of been called not a rush to judgement by the ref saying no foul.the commisions represenitive saying this is what we are going with at this time.meanhing its open for review and could be overturned..point 1 if its overuled which i think will happen then the commision will order a rematch.to this boxing fan a rematch is undesireable.these guys got paid a ton for a non fight.a fight that leaves a bad taste in all boxing fans mouth.2.if it is not overturned then dawson will win the title with huge controversy.a real champ but in the eyes of many a tainted phoney champ.3.if not overturned a match with pasqual is desireable but chances are the commision will order a rematch and the possibilty of dawson ignoring that is big thus another striping of the title.boxing realy needs that dont they.4.if uphelded this gives bo hop an out due to frustration as he stated.they want me out of boxing and this is there way he basicaly said.a awfull way to end a legendary career.im sure bo hop would want to get beat in a traditional way.5.if and its a big if hopkins continues his career without a rematch.who will he fight.cloud. or another trinket holder while campaigning im still the real champ..
anyway i see it any of the options is a big strike for boxing.
if what bo hop said is true that he told the ref i want to continue then i feel the ref was definetly wrong in saying basicaly no im saying or ruling it a tko..
.if hopkins realy wanted to do a marcel cerdan he should of been allowed to.to lose by continuing would of least provided hopkins with a honorable exit into retiement if he choses to do that after the fight.
this ppv following floyds fight leaves bad publicity for boxing and another unnessary hurdle it has to overcome
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE FIGHT.THE OPTIONS Empty Re: THE FIGHT.THE OPTIONS

Post  Guest Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:41 am

dmar5143 wrote:first i feel it was another bad night for boxing.harold letterman in the interview is 100 percent correct.a accidental foul should of been called not a rush to judgement by the ref saying no foul.the commisions represenitive saying this is what we are going with at this time.meanhing its open for review and could be overturned..point 1 if its overuled which i think will happen then the commision will order a rematch.to this boxing fan a rematch is undesireable.these guys got paid a ton for a non fight.a fight that leaves a bad taste in all boxing fans mouth.2.if it is not overturned then dawson will win the title with huge controversy.a real champ but in the eyes of many a tainted phoney champ.3.if not overturned a match with pasqual is desireable but chances are the commision will order a rematch and the possibilty of dawson ignoring that is big thus another striping of the title.boxing realy needs that dont they.4.if uphelded this gives bo hop an out due to frustration as he stated.they want me out of boxing and this is there way he basicaly said.a awfull way to end a legendary career.im sure bo hop would want to get beat in a traditional way.5.if and its a big if hopkins continues his career without a rematch.who will he fight.cloud. or another trinket holder while campaigning im still the real champ..
anyway i see it any of the options is a big strike for boxing.
if what bo hop said is true that he told the ref i want to continue then i feel the ref was definetly wrong in saying basicaly no im saying or ruling it a tko..
.if hopkins realy wanted to do a marcel cerdan he should of been allowed to.to lose by continuing would of least provided hopkins with a honorable exit into retiement if he choses to do that after the fight.
this ppv following floyds fight leaves bad publicity for boxing and another unnessary hurdle it has to overcome

I don't believe this hurts boxing dmar, it's just part of it, chances are the TKO for Dawson is not going to get reversed, but a rematch will get ordered. Then we'll get to see this boxing soap opera continue. jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:28 pm

My opinion, Hops has cried wolf so many times when it comes to this shit, he got what he deserved, even he was legitimatly hurt.

Kind of like the ref getting fed up with Haye flopping in the Wlad fight that he eventually just started ruling them a knockdown.

And I don't think it was bad for boxing because I don't think that many people even bothered paying for that shit. I think it was entirly hardcore fans that watched it.

If anything, maybe it'll make these clowns think twice before throwing this kind of shit on PPV. Why I'm hoping the PPV bombs
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:08 pm

grant your missing a big point.its not how many paid for the ppv and the thinking the damage is exposed only to hardcore boxing fans.the results or on the internet.the fight will be viewd on youtube and more importantly casual boxing fans who watch big fights or the basic sports fan who may of been interested in the fight because of hopkins age and the publicity hes gotten because of that will watch the fight on hbos on demand re runs.the controversal results may increase viewship on the hbo reruns so the exposure of the fight will reach well beyound a minority segment of the hardcore boxing fans..
couple that with a much watched floyd fight for the same reasons of controversy back to back plus floyds name recognition does hurt boxing..
we cant justify the refs action based on past fights.nor his incorrect call.the haye fight is different since occurances happened over and over in one fight.bo-hop didnt flop 4 or 5 times in this fight.he was shoved hard by a sholder and with force.
plus the commentators the commisions represenatives interview all pointed to a incorrect call and rightly so.have a few more fights like that in a row in big fights and no new fans will be made plus some hardcore fans will turn into casual fans.things like this are a turn off.that cannot be denide unfortunetly.or casualy dismissede.
how many of us truly enjoyed that fight.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Shit like this is nothing new to boxing. Especialy with Hopkins. Everytime it happens the media plays up the same tired old "black eye for boxing" and "this will kill boxing."

What happened last night had nothing to do with boxing and everything to do with Hopkins and Dawson.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down