The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hopkins vs Dawson : Who Wins???

+4
jz_hova
dmar5143
Soonermark890
dbudge
8 posters

Go down

Hopkins vs Dawson : Who Wins??? Empty Hopkins vs Dawson : Who Wins???

Post  dbudge Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:09 pm

just curious to see what you guys all think.

i think Hopkins is going to win but i got a feeling that Dawson is going to make Hopkins look his age. it's a tough fight for Bernard to take, Hopkins is truly a legend

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Hopkins vs Dawson : Who Wins??? Empty Re: Hopkins vs Dawson : Who Wins???

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Bhop will win a ud. Dawson just doesn't have a fighters mentality.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:23 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:Bhop will win a ud. Dawson just doesn't have a fighters mentality.
.....yep dawson certainly doesnt have a fighters mentality whereas bo-hop indeed does in spades.if bo hop is agressive.the new bo hop he wins.if hes the old bo hop and allows dawson to put boring rounds in the bank he losses..its bo hops fight to win or lose not dawsons.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:16 pm

Bad Chad whoops him easy work
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Hopkins beat Pascal because Pascal is an athlete first and a boxer second. Hopkins used all his tricks to pull out a draw in the first fight after getting dropped twice; and then got in his head before (and during) the second fight so that the fight was fought on his terms.

Dawson has real boxing skills and is more athletic than Hopkins (if perhaps not as athletic as Pascal). He also doesn't seem to be engaging in the mind games either. I like Chad to get a UD here is what will probably be a boring fight.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Tobe wrote:Hopkins beat Pascal because Pascal is an athlete first and a boxer second. Hopkins used all his tricks to pull out a draw in the first fight after getting dropped twice; and then got in his head before (and during) the second fight so that the fight was fought on his terms.

Dawson has real boxing skills and is more athletic than Hopkins (if perhaps not as athletic as Pascal). He also doesn't seem to be engaging in the mind games either. I like Chad to get a UD here is what will probably be a boring fight.

see right here.

i dont see that as an unreasonable presdiction in the slightest. i just know not to write Bernard off. Bernard's technique and ring craft is what got him through with Pascal. Pascal hurt Bernard several times in each fight. Dawson is a very precise boxer. if Pascal can get to Hopkins then i don't see why Dawson can't either. what i have going against Dawson is his lack of aggression. i think he knows he is going to have to take chances if he is to defeat a ring general like Hopkins. Dawson needs to make Hopkins think twice about coming forward and swinging the judges decision by being the active and aggressive fighter. in order for Dawson to do this he is going to have throw some meaty shots Bernard's way. will Dawson be able to do this without eating sneaky right hand counters from Hopkins??? this is what is going to determine this fight in my opinion. Dawson definitely has the reach and skills to outbox an aging Hopkins, the problem is does he have the heart and desire to outfight a relentless master of the prizefighting ring with an appetite to remain at the top of the mountain??? i think this fight could get a lot more interesting then being a borefest, maybe a bit of a chess match, but if Bernard starts falling behind on points then he will make this into a fight. how Dawson reacts to this is the determining factor in the outcome of this contest. i'm very interested to see how things develop on Saturday night

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:30 pm

if dawson really comes in to fight, then i think that he wins a comfortable UD. but i dont think that he will come to fight.

im going out on a limb and saying that bhop TKO's dawson in the 10th.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  EnragedSlayer Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:41 pm

While you can never count out Hopkins, I'll take Bad Chad in this by UD. He is the bigger stronger man. He was on his way to knocking out Jean Pascal before the headbutt. Pascal was winning the rounds but was exhausted in the 11th and was getting hit clean. Hopkins doesn't have the athleticism to fight Chad like Pascal did, but Hopkins will not fade late. I think as long as Chad keeps this a boxing match and doesn't let B-Hop get in his head Chad will win. Although, every time I pick against Hopkins he wins, so my opinion means nothing.
EnragedSlayer
EnragedSlayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:55 pm

It's Chad's fight to lose. I'm picking him, but I picked him against Pascal and ended up losing my respect for him.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down