The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HOPKINS -DAWSON BOMB

+2
gomez1012
dmar5143
6 posters

Go down

THE HOPKINS -DAWSON BOMB Empty THE HOPKINS -DAWSON BOMB

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:43 pm

according to dan r the fight bombed in every category.hbo and gb are not releasing figures outside of saying the ppv did WELL under 100 000.whats that mean.to me it means 70 000 or for sure less.paid gate was 288 thousand with 3888 real tickets sold and over 3100 comps in a huge city and at a well established boxing site.yet bo hop got a million and dawson 800 000.the promoters lost big time..good..
again the la papers and media had to hype up the fight.bo hop the last few issues got big coverage in ring magazine.hes from philly another big city..this guy is suppoosed to be a boxing legend..a well earned legend and yet he delivers nothing.both he and dawson have no room to complain about what money they think they deserve.it was pascal not hopkins who sold all the seats in canada again not hopkins.
if hopkins turns down futher fights because he claims hes not getting paid what he deserves it should be pointed out that what there offering is beyound what he deserves.truly incredible at least to me is a boxing legend that litterly has no fan base.none.that truly is a first.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

THE HOPKINS -DAWSON BOMB Empty Re: THE HOPKINS -DAWSON BOMB

Post  gomez1012 Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:17 pm

Expected to bomb and it delivered

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:20 pm

Polarizing personality goes a long way. He was also in his prime when Roy Jones was in his. He was overshadowed by Jones. He's a legend for sure but not a pop culture legend, boring and infrequent fights are the reason for this.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Im glad this fight bombed, because the freaking fight bombed!
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:46 pm

if there was anything resembling a fanbase for either fighter (which there really isn't much) it would be on the east coast where both are from.

Not in LA.

Put the fight on the east coast (say NY or NJ) and have east coast guys on the undercard (had Paulie M. already). That would have been the smart move.

It still wouldn't have been a huge crowd but it would have made a hell of alot more sense.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:29 pm

IIRC, it was orginally supposed to be an East Coast show, the only reason why they'd even think about putting Paulie on. They should do the rematch in Philly at the Wells Fargo Center, for the sole purpose of me getting crab fries at the Chikie & Pete's stand.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:31 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:IIRC, it was orginally supposed to be an East Coast show, the only reason why they'd even think about putting Paulie on. They should do the rematch in Philly at the Wells Fargo Center, for the sole purpose of me getting crab fries at the Chikie & Pete's stand.

crab fries. man i'm hungry now.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:38 pm

They have a Chikie and Pete's stand at Trenton minor league baseball stadium and I always get XL crab fries and a roast pork sandwich. The food at the Wells Fargo Center is just as good as The Rock.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum