The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog

+5
GrantZilla
dmar5143
Rum Capital
captainanddew
jz_hova
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog Empty Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog

Post  jz_hova Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Stop with the BS and man up and fight Pirog instead of continuing to fight and call out small guys

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez-offered-record-purse-dmitry-pirog--44790
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog Empty Re: Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah, but who the hell wants to go to Russia. If he doesn't knock Pirog out, he loses.

If he knocks Pirog out, the ref probably calls a foul.

It would be rare (thought not unheard of) for the guy who is the man in a division to travel across the world to a challenger's hometown to get shafted.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog Empty Re: Sergio Martinez Offered Record purse to man up and fight Pirog

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm

I want him to fight Pirog, if there is going to be a reasonable location.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:53 pm

i wonder if jz felt this way when dlh fought gatti or forbes..........or pacquiao affraid
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Rum Capital wrote:i wonder if jz felt this way when dlh fought gatti or forbes..........or pacquiao affraid

I felt the same as when he fought Vargas, Hop, and Sturm

challenged himself at the higher weights
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 pm

jz_hova wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:i wonder if jz felt this way when dlh fought gatti or forbes..........or pacquiao affraid

isn't that what sergio did moving up from welter to fight paul williams and dzinsiruk?
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:20 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

isn't that what sergio did moving up from welter to fight paul williams and dzinsiruk?

actually he moved up from 154 to face PW and Pavlik.

The Dzinziruk fight had martinez forcing Sergei to move up from 154 for the fight (basically 2 154 pounders fight at MW).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:27 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

The Dzinziruk fight had martinez forcing Sergei to move up from 154 for the fight (basically 2 154 pounders fight at MW).

PW hasn't fought at 160 since the first SM fight. PW nor Dzinsiruk belong at 160. Pirog does
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:15 pm

jz_hova wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:
jz_hova wrote:

PW hasn't fought at 160 since the first SM fight. PW nor Dzinsiruk belong at 160. Pirog does

PW fought Winky Wright with a weight limit of 160. PW then PW requested the first fight be at 160, not Martinez! PW thought there was an advantage for him and requested it. Then for the rematch PW requested the catchweight of 158. Both times his call.

So my statement is true. PW asked for it to be at 160 and 158. He picked the weights.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:58 pm

with the exception of froch martinez has manned up and fought top quality oposition.pirog beat a highly thought of prospect who wasnt tested.thats his general claim to fame..i love articles like this that DONT mention the dollar amount.whats the big secret ..look i would not mind seeing that fight but lets be realistic.to fight in moscow in febuary isnt a ideal cituation for martinez to train ..its almost like fighting outdoors in death valley california in july.let both take a little less money and have the fight in the usa in a location that elements dont interfer with training.
russian promoters controling the fight in russia.yeah lou dibella will say yes to that no problem.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:03 pm

jz_hova wrote:

Stop with the BS and man up and fight Pirog instead of continuing to fight and call out small guys

http://www.boxingscene.com/sergio-martinez-offered-record-purse-dmitry-pirog--44790

I don't see where Martinez needs to "man up" to anyone, he's already proved himself. Pirog isn't the Champion or the one calling the shots, Sergio is, and it's up to him to decide the venue.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:49 pm

dmar5143 wrote:with the exception of froch martinez has manned up and fought top quality oposition.pirog beat a highly thought of prospect who wasnt tested.thats his general claim to fame..i love articles like this that DONT mention the dollar amount.whats the big secret ..look i would not mind seeing that fight but lets be realistic.to fight in moscow in febuary isnt a ideal cituation for martinez to train ..its almost like fighting outdoors in death valley california in july.let both take a little less money and have the fight in the usa in a location that elements dont interfer with training.
russian promoters controling the fight in russia.yeah lou dibella will say yes to that no problem.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 pm

JZ is blind hating
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:43 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:with the exception of froch martinez has manned up and fought top quality oposition.pirog beat a highly thought of prospect who wasnt tested.thats his general claim to fame..i love articles like this that DONT mention the dollar amount.whats the big secret ..look i would not mind seeing that fight but lets be realistic.to fight in moscow in febuary isnt a ideal cituation for martinez to train ..its almost like fighting outdoors in death valley california in july.let both take a little less money and have the fight in the usa in a location that elements dont interfer with training.

There is 2 guys at my gym who are absolutely huge and have professed a love for Rocky. Rocky IV was on the screen when they were on the treadmills:
Huge guy 1 says to huge guy 2: Man I'm tired I want to get off this thing. Huge guy 2 in response: If Rocky can run up a mountain, a damn mountain!!!!! then you can run another 5 mins on that treadmill.

Great stuff.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:02 am

If the purse being offered is real then there's no reason why Sergio shouldnt take this fight. KO this dude to avoid any robbery and come back paid.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:10 am

SlickMoney wrote:If the purse being offered is real then there's no reason why Sergio shouldnt take this fight. KO this dude to avoid any robbery and come back paid.

Tell that to Cunningham.

To say that all he needs to do is go in their and knock him out is easier said than done. You can't force a knock out. Piroq might prove to have a good chin.

Martinez is The Champ. Piroq done nothing to have this kind of homefeild advantage
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:20 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Martinez is The Champ. Piroq done nothing to have this kind of homefeild advantage

Pirog's team is offering the money. Supposedly.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:28 am

If Pirog wants Martinez his team needs to make a ofer to fight Martinez in the US. Martinez will fight who HBO tells him to fight
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:33 am

They probably cant generate enough money in the US..
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:37 am

SlickMoney wrote:They probably cant generate enough money in the US..

Take the HBO money and your shot at being The Champ.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 am

I think its Dibella and HBO who's holding it up
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:30 am

DiBella had no real say if HBO wants the fight. Under Greenberg who was in bed with GB, I think Pirog got blacklisted for beating a GB hype job.

But with Greenburg seems interested in a Pirog fight and talks of Pirog's next fight being on HBO
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:25 am

No way will Sergio and Martinez accept a fight in Russia, it'll have to be in America.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:26 am

SlickMoney wrote:I think its Dibella and HBO who's holding it up

HBO want the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Martinez on twitter: Pirog's team forgot Ruble to Dollar exchange rate when they considered the money to be "record purse".” SURE!!!!
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next