The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PPV numbers for Ortiz-Maywthr

+11
jz_hova
Gumby
shakefree
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
captainanddew
dbudge
Diego408
gomez1012
dmar5143
GonzaJoey
15 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

PPV numbers for Ortiz-Maywthr - Page 2 Empty Re: PPV numbers for Ortiz-Maywthr

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:21 am

GrantZilla wrote:Rumors are coming out that Mayweather does not like the numbers and why GB and HBO have been silent.
...this may be true.there isnt any other resonable explanation..if it did a million it it would still be a good number but fall far shoirt of expectations but a little profitable.at 60 dollars a pop that leaves 30 mill each for 1.hbo and the cable companies to split up minus advertising and there very happy with that.the other 30 to fighters and the promoters.floyd had a 25 million dollar guarentee ortiz 2 or 2.5 plus upside.site fees other promotions security etc etc eats up that plus the undercard.leaving the live gate which goes mostly to the site to get back there site guarentee money..its a profit but far from expected.900 thousand looks like a break even thing.anything below that a loss.
floyd when and if he fights another fighter can forget about a 20-25 million dollar minimum and look for a 15 or 16 million dollar range.still a awsome payday.also several fighters wont be as easy as ortiz.they would want more then 2 million for sure.
if floyd still wants 20 mill then they should tell him promote the fight yourself with your shell phoney promotional company.
the rumors of it doing disappointing numbers to the point of perhaqps a loss or breakeven ill tend to believe for theres no other reason that a fat dan does not know and can verify the real numbers.if they come out and say its 1.1 1.2 1.3 million ill tend to believe thats BS.its just taken to long to believe otherwise.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:29 am

I think it did a mill or just under. Which is good but not great considering the huge promotion, hype, and having both Morales and Alvarez on to help sell it.

It would put a huge deny in Mayweather bragging he is the PPV king
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:40 am

GrantZilla wrote:I think it did a mill or just under. Which is good but not great considering the huge promotion, hype, and having both Morales and Alvarez on to help sell it.

It would put a huge deny in Mayweather bragging he is the PPV king
...i think your right.just below a million and yes alvarez is huge star power then morales helps.this could be the case of a undercard being responsible for 300 thousand buys.yes floyd is a draw but lets look at dempsey tunney fights.especialy the second one which in todays dollars and inflation of ticket prices that exceed real inflation the live gate alone equals perhaps 55 million dollars or more with no one caring about a undercard on a mexican holiday and a attendence of about 150 thousand people with just newspaper adds.no internet no mass media type of stuff..FLOYD thats realy the cash cow in comparison.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:50 am

I still think it did over a mil pretty easily. However, having Canelo and Morales on the undercard will make a good number look poor to Floyd and everyone else while the price hike lowered the number.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:18 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I still think it did over a mil pretty easily. However, having Canelo and Morales on the undercard will make a good number look poor to Floyd and everyone else while the price hike lowered the number.
...the undercard in this case certainly sold a lot of tickets.what if there were no undercard..ill give an example.0the first ali-frazier fight was closed curcit.that means it was sold only in movie theaters across the nation in comparrison to ppv.the price was 15 dollars a ticket with no undercard.NONE.that was the only fight shown.that 15 dollars for ONE ticket was equal today to 75 dollars.there was no sharing costs like if 4 guys got together in there house to watch it on tv for 15 dollars each.that fight sold itself.i saw the fight at the stanley theater a clasic movie house in my home town of utica ny.it sat 3500 people and the fight was sold out for weeks.it could of easily sold another 2000 tickets.
of course that fight drew the excitement of the public far more then this fight but in relationship if that fight today was held on ppv WITHOUT showing a undercard at 60 dollars a pop it would do at least 3.5 to 4 million ppvs.perhaps more..forget the name ortiz but add alvarez and morales to the card sold plenty of tickets via the latino and mexican fans by sharing the 60 dollars with 3 or 4 or more watching the fight at home.there was no individual ticket price..so the extra ten dollars in fact did not hinder sales at all.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:07 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I still think it did over a mil pretty easily. However, having Canelo and Morales on the undercard will make a good number look poor to Floyd and everyone else while the price hike lowered the number.

If it did over a mill they would have released the number.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:37 pm

• For weeks, I have heard the same question over and over: Why is it taking so long for the pay-per-view numbers for the Sept. 17 Floyd Mayweather Jr.-Victor Ortiz fight to be released? Speculation is running rampant that the fight must have tanked and that Mayweather, Golden Boy and HBO are hiding the numbers to avoid embarrassing the fighter. That is simply not true. All along, those directly involved in the fight have told me repeatedly that the fight did very well -- in excess of 1 million buys and most likely around 1.2 million or so, which puts it right up there among the top few non-heavyweight PPVs of all time. You'd think that would be something they would want to brag about. And it is. However, HBO can't disclose numbers without consent from the promoter, Golden Boy. And Golden Boy won't disclose the numbers without the approval of Mayweather. From what I understand -- and this is something I thought about not long after the numbers began to take much longer than usual -- the reason for the delay is because Mayweather is finalizing a settlement with the IRS over his tax bill and wants Golden Boy to hold off. Once the tax deal is complete, only then will we hear numbers that will give Mayweather another massive (and taxable) windfall.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:49 pm

That's from Fight Hype isn't it
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:That's from Fight Hype isn't it

PPV numbers for Ortiz-Maywthr - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe66kcYjEn9WukwknkEVE7MW1UV59OPHw5OVoHhnLgIfT9mc-2mA
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:02 pm

Fan Dan is an HBO homer. Funny how fast he goes back to defending GB even after it blew up in his fat face that they are a bunch lying, hypocritcal, tools.

Maybe somone needs to send him his GB rant about GB wanting Bradley stripped and giving the belt to Morales.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Fan Dan is an HBO homer. Funny how fast he goes back to defending GB even after it blew up in his fat face that they are a bunch lying, hypocritcal, tools.

Maybe somone needs to send him his GB rant about GB wanting Bradley stripped and giving the belt to Morales.

He knows he cant rip him them too much or else they'll take their "breaking" news elsewhere

Has to go back to brown noising asap
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:He knows he cant rip him them too much or else they'll take their "breaking" news elsewhere

Has to go back to brown noising asap

Naw, he works for the MotherShip. GB and all promoters have to play ball and give him information whether they like him or not. ESPN too big for them to try and snub. Not if they know what's good for them.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:14 pm

This did over a mill. Thread over!
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:18 pm

SlickMoney wrote:This did over a mill. Thread over!

Between 1-1.2 million apparently
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Again, they wouldn't conceal the number if that's the case. Why I call bullshit when that's the number they report.

And Fat Dan isn't very bright with his whole IRS theory. MAyweather is always going to be under audit. People that make his kind of money always are. Even more so since Mayweather has a history of not paying his taxes.

They will demand the numbers so compare it to the reported income Mayweather sends in when he files his taxes.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

i thought it would do a little more. I guess Meji's arent behind Ortiz as much as i thought.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
i thought it would do a little more. I guess Meji's arent behind Ortiz as much as i thought.

Like his idol Oscar, he probably gets less support from the paisas for being too American. Dumb shit
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Over a million was reported by LA Times' Lance Pugmire

@latimespugmire
-Sorry I'm in NBA "heaven," right now boxing fans, but I've heard pay-per-view audience for @FloydMayweather-Ortiz was just over 1 million.

-HBO declined to release numbers, scratching head as to why Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy wouldn't divulge...now back to NBA!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:49 pm

A million is still good, but Pacquaio-Mosley did better and that wasnt even an attractive fight from the go. Pacquaio-Marquez will do bigger numbers.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao will be made. Floyd played the role of villain with his cheap win and Pacquaio will show hes the "Hero" when he beats Marquez with class. Villain vs Hero will sell and if its made it will make more than DLH-Mayweather. All they have to do is add some Mexicans (or Mex-Ame) to the undercard for extra buys. Canelo, Rios, or Guerrero could do.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 pm

I'll beleive it when an official HBO numbers come out. I don't beleive anything that comes out of promoters mouth or promoters people when it comes to PPV numbers. Especialy GB. Schaefer claiming Mayweather-Mosley would rake in over 2 million PPV buys.

Actions speak louder then words, and fact HBO/GB/Mayweather are keeping silent speaks volumes.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:00 pm

Morales vs JuanMa for the obese out of weight class war silver title

Canelo vs Wolak

Margarito vs Cotto III

Pacquiao vs Mayweather!!

That would be fight card lol

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:51 am

PPV #s

Pacquiao tops Mayweather ... in the pay-per-view column

It has been over a month since Floyd Mayweather knocked out Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. Yet curiously, HBO, Golden Boy and Team Mayweather have been silent on the official pay-per-view numbers. Here they are: According to a source with direct knowledge of the Mayweather-Ortiz number, the fight did approximately 1.15 million buys. That's roughly 150,000 fewer buys than Pacquiao-Mosley, which, according to a source with direct knowledge of Showtime's numbers, did 1.3 million buys.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/10/24/nonito-donaire/index.html#ixzz1boEGiub6
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 pm

gomezin itself that is a very good number..but with the huge promotion it got it fell well beyound expectations.id label it far from a flop but diasppointing so to speak.the fight was profitable to the promoters but the profit vs the risk was not worth it.they better re examine several things with there up front money policy because they will be burnt a ton and several times in the futher if they dont.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:13 pm

gomez1012 wrote:PPV #s

Pacquiao tops Mayweather ... in the pay-per-view column

It has been over a month since Floyd Mayweather knocked out Victor Ortiz at the MGM Grand Arena in Las Vegas. Yet curiously, HBO, Golden Boy and Team Mayweather have been silent on the official pay-per-view numbers. Here they are: According to a source with direct knowledge of the Mayweather-Ortiz number, the fight did approximately 1.15 million buys. That's roughly 150,000 fewer buys than Pacquiao-Mosley, which, according to a source with direct knowledge of Showtime's numbers, did 1.3 million buys.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/chris_mannix/10/24/nonito-donaire/index.html#ixzz1boEGiub6

That is a great number to be able to go over a million buys when they were charging 60-70 bucks a pop. The only number this will be disappointing too is PBF pride and his fans who somehow believe that higher PPV numbers make a certain fighter better than another fighter! That is a great great number IMO.
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:42 pm

this number is great. It means Mayweather won't be able to rationalize that he is the bigger name and deserves more than Pac in a fight.

It is a good number for boxing in general as well.

According to Roach's interview with ringtv, the 2nd go round of negotations they were agreeing to 50 million and then Floyd said he wanted 100 million. Of course Freddie isn't in the negotiations and is getting the info second hand from Arum and Pac.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next