The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out

4 posters

Go down

Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out Empty Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:07 am

Arum should totaly try to sell that s hit to FX. Pavlik, a boxing star. Middleweight Champ. Loses it all. Goes to rehap. First fight back.

Come on. This shit is gold.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out Empty Re: Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out

Post  Frank Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 am

Where Pavlik is concerned, it's almost tragic the way a once promising career has so rapidly declined. I think it's management and poor trainers. Pavlik is limited. I would think before he was matched up against gifted boxers, he would take on the Abrahams of the world to make sure he stamped his signature on the sport.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out Empty Re: Pavlik's next fight should be on FX before Lights Out

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 am

Has FX ever done a boxing event? Hardest thing in sports to do.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:48 am

FX hasn't, but Fox Sports has and does. They'd be the ones to put it on, and just air it on FX.

And Top Rank has a deal with Fox Sports
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

GrantZilla wrote:FX hasn't, but Fox Sports has and does. They'd be the ones to put it on, and just air it on FX.

For the millionth time it doesn't work like that. Two different Master Control's, Two different transmission departments, two different budget codes, different trained employee's, different Technical Directors etc. Does FX even do live television? IF they're a server based entity you will never see boxing on that channel, unless they make an exception and build and hire out all of that shit. Fly to New York and look me up and I will take you to my job and have an executive explain all the stuff I've been trying to tell you for the last three years on these boards. Just because Fox Sports does boxing doesn't mean that FX is equipped to do it as well.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 am

GrantZilla wrote:Arum should totaly try to sell that s hit to FX. Pavlik, a boxing star. Middleweight Champ. Loses it all. Goes to rehap. First fight back.

Come on. This shit is gold.

...weather or not it will work tech wise may be the question but this is one hell of a great idea..

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:05 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Arum should totaly try to sell that s hit to FX. Pavlik, a boxing star. Middleweight Champ. Loses it all. Goes to rehap. First fight back.

Come on. This shit is (old).

Fixed.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:07 pm

lol lol pather is in a good mood today.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:29 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol lol pather is in a good mood today.
LOL....I'm just sayin' that a boxer screwing up, needing rehab, etc....is nothing new. Pavlik is seriously his own worst enemy. Aside from the Klitschko brothers, they ain't Rhodes Scholars.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Hardcore, I realize that. But I've seen them do it before. When boxing was on CBS and then StrikeForce, it was Showtime crew that were doing it.

When sports are on ABC, it's ESPN that are doing it. Why get ESPN scroll on ABC sports.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Hardcore, I realize that. But I've seen them do it before. When boxing was on CBS and then StrikeForce, it was Showtime crew that were doing it.

When sports are on ABC, it's ESPN that are doing it. Why get ESPN scroll on ABC sports.

I don't think you do.

Those graphics are done from a machine called Chyron. A Chyron machine can generate most graphics you program into it and even the most Archaic of broadcast networks has a chyron machine and chyron operator. They're simple to key in and out. Its a preset transition done in the studio and can even be set to timer so it keys in and out on its own. Not even comparable to doing a seperate broadcast. The crews behind the scenes at ESPN and ABC I can assure you are totally different. From Camera Operators to Technical Directors.

Both Showtime and CBS are experienced in doing sports and they're Master Control Facilities are within 50 miles of each other. Showtime is in Haupauge Long Island and CBS is in Manhattan. They do not however share uplinks, nor a crew. I can gurantee that to put Strikeforce on Showtime costs about a third of what it costs on CBS. Showtime is non union so right off the bat theyre pay scale is a third. FX is not a sports facility and doesn't do sporting events. Fox sports has an entirely different crew that does gmaes and events. that crew would have to be subcontracted out to FX and paid accordingly. Then the licensing fees and all the other stuff associated with getting sports on the air. It's not as simple as you would think. There is branding and employment involved.

Honda and Acura are under the same umbrella but they are not sold at the same dealerships, it's the same concept here.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Fair enough. Sounds like a lot stupid red tape to me. But I trust that you know, since it's your work
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down