The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just watched a replay for the 1st time.....

5 posters

Go down

Just watched a replay for the 1st time..... Empty Just watched a replay for the 1st time.....

Post  Frank Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:52 am

...and I still think MW made a good decision. He was head butted and retaliated. That said, I saw something that escaped me before. This is my very quick synopsis of what actually happened;

(a) Ortiz, while on the attack, hit MW with a VERY GOOD right hook and drove him to the ropes. I missed this shot as did the announcers. While MW was on the ropes, Ortiz head butted him "intentionally." Personally, I think Ortiz was nervous and anxious, though the head butt was dangerous and somewhat successful. He nearly drove MW's teeth through his mouth.

(b) Ortiz, in one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen, decides to make a sequel to the movie "Endless Love" when the two were told to fight. He wants to apologize once more for a tactic he tried to use twice before in the same fight. He's caught and put away.

(c) MW states after the fight that he has no plans to fight Pac.

Conclusion: Shit Happens. Mayweather was in the right, though I'm convinced we would've seen a better fight had Ortiz not attempted any head butts and fought a smarter fight. I'll admit, the first time I watched this I totally missed the potential this fight had. That said, I have to say Ortiz is just plain dumb. What good is a right hand if you're going to self destruct right after throwing it? Also, I think that MW knows he had some difficulties against Victor. This is why his refusal to fight Pac is so absolute now. He's not even mentioning steroids anymore. He’s saying that Pac never wanted to fight him as a younger man.

This is what I saw. Maybe somebody else saw something different. (Note: Because I say it's so, doesn't mean I think it's unequivocally so. This is my opinion on a very controversial fight. 100 people may disagree with me and they may be right.)

Frank

Back to top Go down

Just watched a replay for the 1st time..... Empty Re: Just watched a replay for the 1st time.....

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:34 am

Was the fix in?

Just watched a replay for the 1st time..... V2xr8k

Looks like Ortiz is ready to jump back up but remembers to stay down... Suspect

lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Just watched a replay for the 1st time..... Empty Re: Just watched a replay for the 1st time.....

Post  Gumby Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:36 pm

How was Ortiz body work against Floyd? I saw him load up on some body shots in the early rounds.

I think the difficulties Floyd had against Ortiz will be magnified against Pac because Pac hits just as hard, is much faster, has better stamina, and has a good shot of figuring out Floyd's guard. With that said, Floyd said after the fight that he wants Pac to take the tests but he would be willing to fight Pac:

Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Floyd wasn't pushed into the ropes at all on the 2nd occasion of the 4th round
(when the butt occurred). Floyd got hit and just had to go straight back as his legs wouldn't allow him to get out of the way of Ortiz coming at him.

Also, I don't think Mayweather did what he did just in retaliation. He did not like the pressure Ortiz put on him in that round.

Do I think Ortiz would have been successful? No. He may have had some success but Mayweather would have picked him apart if Ortiz didn't start having longer periods with Mayweather on the extreme defensive.

As for Floyd, I still think it was a bitch move. I swear he tried to do everything to tell Ortiz with his body language, I accept your apology, we aren't fighting yet, then punched his ass as fast as he could.

FLOYD DID NOT MAKE IT APPARENT THAT HE WAS INTENDING TO FIGHT. HE MADE EVERY ATTEMPT TO SUCKER ORTIZ INTO KEEPING HIS GUARD DOWN.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:04 pm

captainanddew wrote:Floyd wasn't pushed into the ropes at all on the 2nd occasion of the 4th round
(when the butt occurred). Floyd got hit and just had to go straight back as his legs wouldn't allow him to get out of the way of Ortiz coming at him.

Also, I don't think Mayweather did what he did just in retaliation. He did not like the pressure Ortiz put on him in that round.

Do I think Ortiz would have been successful? No. He may have had some success but Mayweather would have picked him apart if Ortiz didn't start having longer periods with Mayweather on the extreme defensive.

As for Floyd, I still think it was a bitch move. I swear he tried to do everything to tell Ortiz with his body language, I accept your apology, we aren't fighting yet, then punched his ass as fast as he could.

FLOYD DID NOT MAKE IT APPARENT THAT HE WAS INTENDING TO FIGHT. HE MADE EVERY ATTEMPT TO SUCKER ORTIZ INTO KEEPING HIS GUARD DOWN.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:06 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Floyd wasn't pushed into the ropes at all on the 2nd occasion of the 4th round

+1

did you catch where Flod's tampon accidentaly fell out in round 2?
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down