The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A very quick Floyd v. Manny question

3 posters

Go down

A very quick Floyd v. Manny question Empty A very quick Floyd v. Manny question

Post  Gumby Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 am

Has there been any progress on the drug testing issue or the law suit?

I heard from some unreliable sources that Pac would be willing to do the testing because he wanted to shut Mayweather up but I'm not sure if that's legit.

I think coming off of this fight would be the perfect setting. No one has hated Mayweather more or loved Pac more than now. Pacquiao is going to look sensational plowing through JMM and tie up his loose ends from lightweight. It seems like the right time for this fight to finally get made.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

A very quick Floyd v. Manny question Empty Re: A very quick Floyd v. Manny question

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:22 am

I believe that Pac or Arum said they'd do WADA testing (so Pac can train in the Phillipines), but until they actually agree it's a different story. I haven't heard anything about the lawsuit, but I imagine it would have to be dropped/settled out of court in order for the fight to proceed.

And when will Floyd fight again? Aside from his numerous legal issues, he may decide to chill out for over a year as he did after Mosely.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

A very quick Floyd v. Manny question Empty Re: A very quick Floyd v. Manny question

Post  captainanddew Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:23 am

Gumby wrote:Has there been any progress on the drug testing issue or the law suit?

I heard from some unreliable sources that Pac would be willing to do the testing because he wanted to shut Mayweather up but I'm not sure if that's legit.

I think coming off of this fight would be the perfect setting. No one has hated Mayweather more or loved Pac more than now. Pacquiao is going to look sensational plowing through JMM and tie up his loose ends from lightweight. It seems like the right time for this fight to finally get made.

Floyd will just ask for something else. The drug testing has nothing to do with any belief Pac is on PEDs. It is all about Floyd controlling all parties involved in a fight.

Somewhere I read this week that Floyd would want Pac to train only in the US for the fight, none of the time in the Phillippines, which wouldn't work as that is where Manny does some of his training and has another job there! (don't remember where I read it and not sure if it was credible).

He said PAC had to be on something because it was a little guy who moved up in weight and was beating people up. Floyd is only 4-5 pounds bigger than Pac. We basically have the 2 best guys fighting at 147, who are in essence a normal sized junior welter(Floyd) and a big lightweight/small junior welter (Pac).

All that being said, I hope it gets done. Now would be the time.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:40 am

captainanddew wrote:Floyd will just ask for something else. The drug testing has nothing to do with any belief Pac is on PEDs. It is all about Floyd controlling all parties involved in a fight.

Somewhere I read this week that Floyd would want Pac to train only in the US for the fight, none of the time in the Phillippines, which wouldn't work as that is where Manny does some of his training and has another job there! (don't remember where I read it and not sure if it was credible).

I don't think Floyd could get away with that and save face. He can get by with the PEDs talk because that's a somewhat legitimate question (the way Pac has moved up and just beaten guys up with his power and speed is somewhat unprecedented) and Pac's refusal to do testing.

Also, Pac has more negotiating power now. Especially since I don't think this PPV will be on par with Pac v. JMM. If he is the bigger draw and agreed to all of Floyd's conditions, everyone would turn on Floyd if he still refused to fight or invented more conditions. What's our twitter again? I think I'm gonna throw some tweets at Floyd and try to get his attention.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down