The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Haye on Wlad's next fight

3 posters

Go down

David Haye on Wlad's next fight Empty David Haye on Wlad's next fight

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:24 pm

Haye: Chisora Not Physically, Mentally Ready For Klitschko
Posted by: Terence Dooley on 10-20-2010.

by Terence Dooley

David Haye has written off Derek Chisora ahead of his fellow Londoner's December 11th heavyweight title fight against Wlad Klitschko. Haye, who defends his WBA title against Audley Harrison on November 13th, believes that Chisora is too green for the younger Klit, the 'Hayemaker' also dismissed hopes of a title unification should Derek win Wlad's IBF, WBO and IBO belts.

“I hope he can pull it off but he's neither physically or mentally ready,” said Haye when speaking to the BBC. “British level and world level is a completely different sport. Maybe if Dereck had won a European title and defended that three or four times against good calibre opposition and fought some world-ranked fighters, potentially he'd have a shot. But he's had no real amateur pedigree, had only 14 fights against journeymen and the best he's won is the British title, which is no bad thing.”

He added: “He's going to find things are different at world level a bit early in his career. Hopefully he'll get a good payday, that's what it's about, earning some money, because it's going to be a hard, hard night's work for him. He's got all the attributes - quick hands, he's young and fresh - but you need to be seasoned to go up against the Klitschkos.

“He's got a very slim chance but if Dereck is to win he'll be tied up with the Klitschos for a long time, the contracts they make guys sign are ridiculous. An all-British unification match wouldn't happen because he'd be tied in to fight the Klitschkos for years - if he couldn't beat Wladimir in a rematch he'd have to fight his brother instead.”

David Haye: A perfect example of one of boxing's current ills (FIGHTERS WHO WON'T FACE TOP COMPETITION). He points out that Wlad is in a mismatch against a British level fighter who hasn't proven to be world-class(which is spot on, but relatively easy analysis).

Yet Haye himself is fighting Audley Harrison who has never proven to be world-class.
Pure hypocrisy.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

David Haye on Wlad's next fight Empty Re: David Haye on Wlad's next fight

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:27 pm

LOL David Haye is something else. He will never fight either Klit.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 pm

Haye just baffles me. He criticizes who the Ukranians fight while A) He won't fight them and B) He's fighting Audley Harrison?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Haye just baffles me. He criticizes who the Ukranians fight while A) He won't fight them and B) He's fighting Audley Harrison?
Its unbelievable.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Haye just baffles me. He criticizes who the Ukranians fight while A) He won't fight them and B) He's fighting Audley Harrison?
Its unbelievable.

yet our erstwhile host Ali worships the ground he trods. Are we missing something?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 pm

and unlike Haye, Wlad and Vitali are trying to fight more often. I think if they didn't have to search hard to find opponents, each of the Klits would fight another time per year. But when you have a fight, then a damn begging contest to get an opponent, it is hard to get fights in.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:51 pm

I have the utmost respect for Ali. He is an avid boxing and MMA fan. He has interesting points on 98% of topics. But when it comes to the Klitschkos he is a bit overboard in his criticism, and a bit overboard in his support for Haye (I am trying not to be too harsh as everyone has areas where they don't act in a rational manner).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:01 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Its unbelievable.

yet our erstwhile host Ali worships the ground he trods. Are we missing something?
I dont get it really. I dont understand why he likes him so much. But hey why do I like Allan Green so much? LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:25 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Its unbelievable.

I dont get it really. I dont understand why he likes him so much. But hey why do I like Allan Green so much? LOL

No accounting for taste. Heck I find Don Imus hysterical.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:27 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Its unbelievable.

No accounting for taste. Heck I find Don Imus hysterical.
Damn nappy headed hoes.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:28 am

i guess haye doesnt want to fight a K brother cause lol he will be tied up for years just fighting them and make a paultry 100 million in doing so..when rocky marciano died the first words out of joe louis mouth was.this is the saddest thing i ever heared.somehow to me the word champion will never mean the same thing...joe aplly this to david haye also in a reverse reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:36 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i guess haye doesnt want to fight a K brother cause lol he will be tied up for years just fighting them and make a paultry 100 million in doing so..when rocky marciano died the first words out of joe louis mouth was.this is the saddest thing i ever heared.somehow to me the word champion will never mean the same thing...joe aplly this to david haye also in a reverse reason.
Why cant some guys just get it. Why is it so hard to understand that you should prove yourself in the ring.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:49 pm

Gotta love 13; the man is unbelieveably arrogant Smile
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down