The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why pick David Haye?

+3
gomez1012
dbudge
Frank
7 posters

Go down

Why pick David Haye? Empty Why pick David Haye?

Post  Frank Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:04 am

1. Has any one of Wlad's opponents come into the ring to actually win the fight? Very few. Calvin Brock was out of shape (Granted, was he ever in shape?), Fast Eddie Chambers was not fast but he was flabby and didn't prepare nor did he think he could really win, Lamont Brewster didn't really know how to fight, etc. David Haye will show up in shape with a confident mindset and more ability than anyone Wlad's defended his title against.

2. Tony Thompson was Wlad's toughest title defense. Why? He wasn't scared. That's about it.

3. Haye has more ring generalship than all of the Klits opponents (both of them) put together.

4. I'm a firm believer in the importance of learning boxing fundamentals. No matter how creative a fighter is (Prince Nasim Hamed, Roy Jones, Pernell Whitiker, Muhammad Ali) they must learn the basic fundamentals. There will come a time when they must abandon their style and return to basic ring form to win. Hamed could not do this which why I think he lost to "Marco Anotonio B." Fundamentals are imperative, however I think that Wlad lacks improvisational skills and the ability to think on his feet. When Haye watches Wlad's films, he'll know exactly how Mr. Klit will come at him. Exactly.

5. I still doubt Wlad takes a good punch. I've never seen this one ability improve in any boxer. Sure, certain measures are taken to see that the fighter does not run the risk of taking a big shot (Steward's done the best job I've seen in teaching figthers with glass jaws.). Wlad has a lot of heart. It's just his physiology that keeps him from taking good shots. This will be exposed during the Haye fight. Haye is fast enough to get to him.

Ok, so I couldn't come up with ten reasons. LOL: I have limited time this morning however I'd like to hear some of the reactions from the board. List your own reasons that you think your fighter will win.

Last edited by Frank on Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:10 am; edited 2 times in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Why pick David Haye? Empty Re: Why pick David Haye?

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:22 am

David Haye has the speed and the power to give Wladimir a whole host of problems. but Haye can not fight hard under pressure for 12 rounds, he will crumble. he hasn't got the stamina and it has always been a problem for him. Haye likes to back away and then leap in. Wladimir pours everything straight through the middle which could work at a disadvantage to Haye. Haye was getting caught by Ruiz's jab, not a good sign of things to come if he lets Wladimir get into his jabathon rhythm. i think Haye's best chance comes early. all depends on whether Wlad can take a Haye shot and get back up again. he did it 3 times against Peter. Haye puts people down but he doesn't really put people to sleep like Wlad does. this is a genuinely exciting match-up hence the massive demand for it

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 am

David Haye picked Wlad

Now me must suffer PIZZA FACE Twisted Evil
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:07 pm

dbudge wrote:David Haye has the speed and the power to give Wladimir a whole host of problems. but Haye can not fight hard under pressure for 12 rounds, he will crumble. he hasn't got the stamina and it has always been a problem for him. Haye likes to back away and then leap in. Wladimir pours everything straight through the middle which could work at a disadvantage to Haye. Haye was getting caught by Ruiz's jab, not a good sign of things to come if he lets Wladimir get into his jabathon rhythm. i think Haye's best chance comes early. all depends on whether Wlad can take a Haye shot and get back up again. he did it 3 times against Peter. Haye puts people down but he doesn't really put people to sleep like Wlad does. this is a genuinely exciting match-up hence the massive demand for it

Haye better land his best right hand in the first round and get Wlad sppoked or it is over. He will not stand up to Wlad's jab. I remember Barrett dropping him. He said that Barrett's jab felt like a right hand from a cruiser. Well, Wlad's jab is stronger than Barrett's right hand.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:14 pm

captainanddew wrote:
dbudge wrote:David Haye has the speed and the power to give Wladimir a whole host of problems. but Haye can not fight hard under pressure for 12 rounds, he will crumble. he hasn't got the stamina and it has always been a problem for him. Haye likes to back away and then leap in. Wladimir pours everything straight through the middle which could work at a disadvantage to Haye. Haye was getting caught by Ruiz's jab, not a good sign of things to come if he lets Wladimir get into his jabathon rhythm. i think Haye's best chance comes early. all depends on whether Wlad can take a Haye shot and get back up again. he did it 3 times against Peter. Haye puts people down but he doesn't really put people to sleep like Wlad does. this is a genuinely exciting match-up hence the massive demand for it

Haye better land his best right hand in the first round and get Wlad sppoked or it is over. He will not stand up to Wlad's jab. I remember Barrett dropping him. He said that Barrett's jab felt like a right hand from a cruiser. Well, Wlad's jab is stronger than Barrett's right hand.

definitely agree. Wlad's shaky chin and Haye's shaky chin makes this an exciting match-up. it will be fun whilst it lasts. but Haye has the best shot of beating a Klitschko than anybody else in the Heavyweight division at the moment because of his speed and power. i'm the biggest Haye critic of all but deep down i'd love to see him knock Wladimir sparko. the contracts are signer, fingers crossed it actually happens this time

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:44 pm

good list frank. i still think that wlad wins but i do completely agree that haye isnt going in just to survive and get a payday, he is going in to win which most of wlads other opponents dont do. thats why the HW is so bad because most people arent going in to win. do i hope that haye wins? yes. not that i like haye but im ready for the klit era to end.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 pm

Um, Haye has terrible fundamentals. Far worse than Wlad
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:12 pm

nice post frank.1.haye has to use angles effectively and punch from there2.he needs great improvement in the balance dept..3.train for fighting in spirts.powerfull spirts and condition yourself to that effect.this reduces or eliminates the punching yourself out thing.4.leverage leverage leverage at thoses angles also.haye has foot speed and power and hand speed and is fluid enough to improve dramticaly at thoses points.if he does dont be suprized if he wins and wins impressively.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:13 pm

powerpuncher even though haye made himself look like a jerk at times i am also rooting for him to win and i never thought id do that.

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:59 am

the thing that makes me doubt haye(& i could be totally wrong as per usual)is i've been taught"those who can do,those who can't talk about it"until we see"the deer in the headlights"
doubts will linger.no doubting he has the tools,i'm just not sure he has the will.to win,he's going to have to take some lumps.if he can suck it in,then i think he's a live dog.(does this qualify me for most cliche ridden post of the year? lol!

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:15 am

shakefree wrote:the thing that makes me doubt haye(& i could be totally wrong as per usual)is i've been taught"those who can do,those who can't talk about it"until we see"the deer in the headlights"
doubts will linger.no doubting he has the tools,i'm just not sure he has the will.to win,he's going to have to take some lumps.if he can suck it in,then i think he's a live dog.(does this qualify me for most cliche ridden post of the year? lol!

We have to come up with some way to bet on this fight as anyone thinking Haye is going to win is delusional and just wants to lose a bet.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:38 am

captainanddew wrote:
shakefree wrote:the thing that makes me doubt haye(& i could be totally wrong as per usual)is i've been taught"those who can do,those who can't talk about it"until we see"the deer in the headlights"

We have to come up with some way to bet on this fight as anyone thinking Haye is going to win is delusional and just wants to lose a bet.

i disagree. i think Wlad vs Haye is a 50/50 fight. Wlad has the advantage the longer the fight lasts, Haye has the advantage in the early rounds. i wouldn't be surprised if Haye sparks Wladimir out within 4 rounds nor would i be be surprised if Wlad sparks Haye in 4 rounds

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  shakefree Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:20 am

"disagree. i think Wlad vs Haye is a 50/50 fight. Wlad has the advantage the longer the fight lasts, Haye has the advantage in the early rounds. i wouldn't be surprised if Haye sparks Wladimir out within 4 rounds nor would i be be surprised if Wlad sparks Haye in 4 rounds:"
anything's possible,but haye must have,& i can't think of a better way to say it,"the holyfield mentality".the balls to stand in the pocket,at times,& punch while wearing a few.even if he does it,to me it will still be a suprise if he wins.win or lose it's his judgement day.is he a fighter or just a blow hard wannabe like most of the klits opponents.even a loss can be beneficial to haye,so to speak,if he goes out on his shield.if he just tries to survive it will be his legacy.

shakefree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down