The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev Empty Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:01 am

Or get stripped. Chagaev is his manditory, and since he walked away from the Wlad fight, he's now got to fight his manditory.

I think Chagaev can beat Haye.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34455
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev Empty Re: Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:03 am

GrantZilla wrote:Or get stripped. Chagaev is his manditory, and since he walked away from the Wlad fight, he's now got to fight his manditory.

I think Chagaev can beat Haye.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=34455

That would be a decent fight.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev Empty Re: Looks like David Haye going to have to fight Chagaev

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 am

Imagine what a joke it would be if Chagaev beat Haye and got WBA trinket back.

Wlad already beat Chagaev when Gaye pulled out their scheduled fight, and should've gotten the belt then, but WBA refused to recognize the fight.

And you know Chagaev will not want to get another beat down like that again from Wlad or Vitali.

This is why trinkets are joke, and anyone recognizes them are a joke.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 am

Trinkets aside it's not a bad fight though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:25 am

Chageav hasn't looked good since he beat Valuev the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 am

Ali wrote:Chageav hasn't looked good since he beat Valuev the first time.

your right. I still give a fading Chagaev a 50-50 shot at beating Haye.

Chagaev of three years ago is a strong favourite to beat Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:16 am

to avoid any cancelations they better make dam sure immediately if england and germany or wherever will clear that fight in writing due to hepititis b that chageav has.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 am

Canvas wrote:
Ali wrote:Chageav hasn't looked good since he beat Valuev the first time.

your right. I still give a fading Chagaev a 50-50 shot at beating Haye.

Chagaev of three years ago is a strong favourite to beat Haye.

You would pick the current Holyfield to beat Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:03 am

He showed more against Valuev than Haye did. But no, I wouldn't pick Holyfield to beat Haye.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:05 am

I would give pre-Atlas Povetkin, Chambers, Peter, Arreolla all fair odds to beat Haye though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:08 am

Canvas wrote:I would give pre-Atlas Povetkin, Chambers, Peter, Arreolla all fair odds to beat Haye though.

Haye knocks out Chambers cold.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:14 am

people from the UK have a short memory about David Haye's chin. when Barrett hit him when he was "felled" Haye was hurt bad mate, i'm telling you to rewatch that and see his eyes and legs. He got knocked out by a Super Middleweight in Carl Thompson, and got put on his arse by old man Mormeck. Chagaev is one tough motherfucker who would make Haye work 3 minutes of every round. Haye hasn't fought anybody that can pressure him like that and stylistically i think it is a bad bad match up for David Haye whose stamina issues have been well noted in the past. I wouldn't dismiss Chambers chance either. Wladimir Klitschko hits a lot harder than David Haye which is why i don't understand why everybody in the UK seems to fancy Haye to do a demolition job on him. Haye couldn't get out the way of Ruiz's jab, add 6 inch in height, 8 inch in reach, 3 stone in weight and extra speed and Haye has got more than a problem there.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:17 am

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:I would give pre-Atlas Povetkin, Chambers, Peter, Arreolla all fair odds to beat Haye though.

Haye knocks out Chambers cold.

Chambers would negate Haye's speed. Hate would eat steady combinations from different angles because he has horrible defense. Chambers would bust 13 up. Now of course Haye could catch chambers at any time and put him down......

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:18 am

Haye's mythical bad chin is down to his poor balance.

and I replayed that Barret knockdown constantly on my Sky + and Haye was clipped by Barret's forearm.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:22 am

Ali wrote:Haye's mythical bad chin is down to his poor balance.

and I replayed that Barret knockdown constantly on my Sky + and Haye was clipped by Barret's forearm.

Ali mate, Calzaghe got hit by Jones' forearm but he took it and recovered a lot better than Haye did. Hayes chin is suspect. why do you think his manager and him are having a quick in and out cherry picked career. i can't see how you can slate fighters that are false champions and not see Haye for what he is. if Wladimir Klitschko wants to fight on April 30th then that's upto him. If Haye don't want him to fight then then fuck Haye that's his problem. you go on about Wladimir's vulnerable chin but he has been in the ring with guys that punch just as hard as Haye does and always comes out on top. Haye's power is generated by speed, it is not that lasting put you to sleep kind of power that Wladimir possesses. i'm telling you now, Haye's true colours will eventually come out for all to see

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 am

Ali wrote:Haye's mythical bad chin is down to his poor balance.

Yes, i've been saying for two years that Haye has terrible balance. One of his many technical flaws. also bad punching technique (this has improved greatly though)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 am

LOL! Now Haye/Booth are targeting May 30 to fight Chagaev to sabotage any chance of being ready for the July 02 date with Wladimir. Haye is so predictable.

I guess Ducker needs six and a half months to recover from his gruelling war with Fraudley.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:49 am

Canvas wrote:LOL! Now Haye/Booth are targeting May 30 to fight Chagaev to sabotage any chance of being ready for the July 02 date with Wladimir. Haye is so predictable.

I guess Ducker needs six and a half months to recover from his gruelling war with Fraudley.

It's probably the only date available from Sky, Khan has April locked up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:52 am

then how about march? 5 and a half months isn't enough time off? 3 months not enough time to train and put on a fight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:55 am

Canvas wrote:then how about march? 5 and a half months isn't enough time off? 3 months not enough time to train and put on a fight?

It's not about time off it's about how much time Sky need to promote the PPV, they spend weeks promoting the card across their stations and the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:58 am

if Sky cannot promote a fight between now and the end of March, they are incompetent.

So we have an agreed upon July 02 date, one fighter willing and planning to meet it, and the other is not. Why am I not surprised?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:00 pm

Canvas wrote:if Sky cannot promote a fight between now and the end of March, they are incompetent.

So we have an agreed upon July 02 date, one fighter willing and planning to meet it, and the other is not. Why am I not surprised?

Sky don't just broadcast boxing they show many many other sports.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:09 pm

excuses excuses the only date that sky has..haye can wait 5 weeks more since sky and german tv have that date open..sky also had april 16th open but said it never did 2 ppvs in a month..thats a poor excuse in itself.if haye fights booth then make that 5 times he avoided a K brother..as far as balance and punching tec haye looked pitafull in thoses departments against fraudley...
a pre atlas povetkin i agree would of koed haye..RC of 2 years ago would of outworked him..
myself only i think this forum has wasted enough talk on this underachieving cherry picking loud mouth punk.
hopefully the britts will remember the circus called hayes last fight and boycott that ppv..if any fight for a legit reason needs boycotting itsd that one..im realy starting to hate this guy..lol floyd move over your now number two on my list..
dbudge is correct in what he said..look if haye came from the usa from my home town and from my neighborhood id root against him..hes an embarisment..
on his passport for occupation listed it should say imitation fighter..and thats a stretch..

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 pm

Ali wrote:
Canvas wrote:then how about march? 5 and a half months isn't enough time off? 3 months not enough time to train and put on a fight?

It's not about time off it's about how much time Sky need to promote the PPV, they spend weeks promoting the card across their stations and the UK.

lol Ali mate just accept the facts please!!!! It takes 6 weeks maximum to promote a fight on PPV. Sky are big enough and Haye's name is big enough to be able to promote a fight within that time. This isn't Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather we are talking about, this is Haye vs Chagaev. Con Man

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:

lol Ali mate just accept the facts please!!!! It takes 6 weeks maximum to promote a fight on PPV. Sky are big enough and Haye's name is big enough to be able to promote a fight within that time. This isn't Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather we are talking about, this is Haye vs Chagaev. Con Man

No.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next