The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight

+5
captainanddew
powerpuncher
flapanther2001
GrantZilla
gomez1012
9 posters

Go down

Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight Empty Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight

Post  Guest Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:42 am

IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute appeared on the most recent edition of BoxingScene.com's official audio show, "The Boxing Lab."

Bute is scheduled to face Glen Johnson in a bout televised by Showtime on November 5th. The Boxing Lab's Ernest Gabion asked the fighter of Romanian descent about a potential matchup with middleweight king Sergio Martinez at a catchweight.

"It would be an honor to fight Sergio Martinez," stated Bute. "I met him at the Boxing Hall of Fame. He is a great fighter. We could fight at 166 pounds."

Martinez faces Darren Barker on October 1st in a bout broadcast by HBO. Martinez has been unsuccessful in securing a fight against one of the top fighters.

Martinez has said n numerous occasions that he would move down in weight for a big fight. It is unknown if he is willing to move up.

http://www.boxingscene.com/lucian-bute-fight-sergio-martinez-166-pounds--43774

Back to top Go down

Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight Empty Re: Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight

Post  gomez1012 Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:09 pm

Get it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight Empty Re: Bute willing to meet Martinez at catchweight

Post  GrantZilla Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:30 pm

Who wants to see that. I'm jacked for Martinez vs Bob Barker

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:31 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Who wants to see that. I'm jacked for Martinez vs Bob Barker

Ahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahaha........

BTW....it's so nice of Bute to come down 2 whole pounds!!!! Quelle baton!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:05 am

martinez would be the way smaller guy because bute is big for a SMW. i still think that martinez wins though.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:19 am

powerpuncher wrote:martinez would be the way smaller guy because bute is big for a SMW. i still think that martinez wins though.

Bute is very big for 168. Unlike alot of the other guys at 168 (who started their careers at 154 or 160), Bute turned pro and was weighing in around 173 pounds about 7-8 years ago.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:52 am

Who cares

Its a solid fight, fuck Martinez chasing Chavez Jr, move up and get a great payday
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:30 pm

is this a joke. bute is a massive 168lb fighter. martinez is a small middleweight. he only went to middleweight to get fights. bute should be calling out the pascals, clouds, kesslers, hopkins etc etc.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:33 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Who wants to see that. I'm jacked for Martinez vs Bob Barker

Ahahahahahahaaahahahahahahahaha........

BTW....it's so nice of Bute to come down 2 whole pounds!!!! Quelle baton!!!

Bitch ass Sergio wants Pac to come up 10 lbs
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:50 pm

I would like Sergio to test himself against a 168'er but Bute is a tough guy to move up for especially when Sergio is a small middleweight. I still like the fight but I think Bute would win with bodyshots and making Sergio fight for longer spurts than he likes to.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:35 am

Bute is far too big for Martinez, but I still like him thinking about fighting top guys period. Of course, I'd like it a lot better if he actually FOUGHT a top guy....
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down