The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman Empty Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:17 pm

“[Juan Manuel] Marquez showed the script on how to beat Pacquiao,” McGirt told Lem Satterfield. “A guy like Pacquiao, guys like that, you’ve got to punch when they punch. You’ve got to throw them off their rhythm. Once a guy like Pacquiao gets his rhythm going, you can forget about it. I just feel that if you keep your hands going against a guy like him, and you punch when he punches, and you give him different angles, that you can beat him.

“I would make the adjustment, baby. Me and Pacquiao early? I think that it would have been a chess match. But once I figured him out, then it would be in my favour. [Meldrick] Taylor, I think, would have been a little too fast for him. Pernell [Whitaker] would have beat him for sure.”

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=31177&more=1

Back to top Go down

Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman Empty Re: Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:38 pm

I dont know. I think I would pick pac in a fight with Buddy. Taylor wouldnt be too fast but that might be a toss up. Sweat Pea would have beaten Pac but it would have been close.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman Empty Re: Buddy Mcgirt: Me, Taylor and Sweet Pea would have beaten Pacman

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:40 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:I dont know. I think I would pick pac in a fight with Buddy. Taylor wouldnt be too fast but that might be a toss up. Sweat Pea would have beaten Pac but it would have been close.
...ill agree.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Sweet Pea picks Pac apart.

Taylor vs. Pac would have been interesting though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:48 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:Sweet Pea picks Pac apart.

To me the Sweet Pea fight is very interesting because Pac's power would make Pea timid to a point. Thats why I think a fight with Pea would be close. I think Pea out points him in a 7-5 or 8-4 range fight. But hell Pea could fight with anyone. That guy was amazing.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:48 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:I dont know. I think I would pick pac in a fight with Buddy. Taylor wouldnt be too fast but that might be a toss up. Sweat Pea would have beaten Pac but it would have been close.
...ill agree.
What do you think about the Taylor fight? I have no clue how that one would go.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:

To me the Sweet Pea fight is very interesting because Pac's power would make Pea timid to a point. Thats why I think a fight with Pea would be close. I think Pea out points him in a 7-5 or 8-4 range fight. But hell Pea could fight with anyone. That guy was amazing.

You only think it'll be close because you worship the ground Manny walks on.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:58 pm

Hagler's Bald Head wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No Im just not a pac hater. I see what he is and in his prime which was a few years ago his speed and power are second to none. No fighter will ever be able to dominate a prime Pac. His athletic abilities are way too good.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:49 pm

taylor and pac is a toss up as you said.taylors speed afoot with angles will have pac thinking but pac will i feel throw caution to the wind.hes got to or he gets beat easy.if he steps it up he could wear taylor down.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:59 pm

sooner pacs speed and power are not second to none.robinson had far far more power and speed that was on par..he dominates pac.so does hearns leanard .if you think taylor gives him problems liuis rodriguex gives him fits.if pac wants a war he will get it with basilio who will ko him inside 15.pac will find what a great chin truly is.and what a tough guy means.and what a body puncher truly is.pac will find guys that will engage with him .there not marquez nor mosley nor clottey nor a human punching bag called margo or a limted guy called morales.pac loves to engage and that would be his downfall.hes not fighting a ricky hatton if he wants to engage with a emile griffith.pac is a great one but i can find guys who will dominate him in any weight class that he fought in.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Pernell Whittaker beats the shit out of Pacquiao and makes him look completely foolish. Total fucking domination. He is entirely too smart for Pacquiao. Pacquiao wouln't be able to catch him, he's not big enough. Tito and Oscar got near him because of their height. When was/is Pacquiao's prime? The 80's class of welter's destroys any Pacquiao. Ray Leonard was faster, stronger and quicker than Pac, Hearns was longer,faster and stronger. A prime Duran would give him angles and was stronger and more powerful than the strongest Pac. Shit, if they fight Mayweather beats the crap out of Pacquiao. Pacquiao's speed is great but it's not amazing. Meldrick Taylor was faster than Pacquiao. I think Pacquiao would beat McGirt but it wouldn't be easy, a prime Buddy is no slouch.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:33 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

No Im just not a pac hater. I see what he is and in his prime which was a few years ago his speed and power are second to none. No fighter will ever be able to dominate a prime Pac. His athletic abilities are way too good.

Nobody here is a Pac hater, you just think he walks on water. He's had a great run but he's hardly beaten the caliber of opponents that McGirt mentioned. Peat fuck this guy up no problem. McGirt gives him issues and Taylor and pacquiao are a toss up.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner pacs speed and power are not second to none.robinson had far far more power and speed that was on par..he dominates pac.so does hearns leanard .if you think taylor gives him problems liuis rodriguex gives him fits.if pac wants a war he will get it with basilio who will ko him inside 15.pac will find what a great chin truly is.and what a tough guy means.and what a body puncher truly is.pac will find guys that will engage with him .there not marquez nor mosley nor clottey nor a human punching bag called margo or a limted guy called morales.pac loves to engage and that would be his downfall.hes not fighting a ricky hatton if he wants to engage with a emile griffith.pac is a great one but i can find guys who will dominate him in any weight class that he fought in.
Sure if your talking about the entire history of the sport you can find guys. I was thinking more on modern times. In the modern era of Boxing I cant think of anyone. To me the most underrated part of Pac's game is his handspeed. Out of all the people I have seen fight in my lifetime (I know I am just a pup) LOL he is easily one of the fastest.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:38 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Nobody here is a Pac hater, you just think he walks on water. He's had a great run but he's hardly beaten the caliber of opponents that McGirt mentioned. Peat fuck this guy up no problem. McGirt gives him issues and Taylor and pacquiao are a toss up.
Ali has always hated on Pac. He is a Floyd guy always has been. He likes the bad boys of the sport. hence the David Gaye love.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:42 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Pernell Whittaker beats the shit out of Pacquiao and makes him look completely foolish. Total fucking domination. He is entirely too smart for Pacquiao. Pacquiao wouln't be able to catch him, he's not big enough. Tito and Oscar got near him because of their height. When was/is Pacquiao's prime? The 80's class of welter's destroys any Pacquiao. Ray Leonard was faster, stronger and quicker than Pac, Hearns was longer,faster and stronger. A prime Duran would give him angles and was stronger and more powerful than the strongest Pac. Shit, if they fight Mayweather beats the crap out of Pacquiao. Pacquiao's speed is great but it's not amazing. Meldrick Taylor was faster than Pacquiao. I think Pacquiao would beat McGirt but it wouldn't be easy, a prime Buddy is no slouch.
Good question. I am not really sure. After he crushed Oscar? Only problem with us comparing a lot of these guys to Pac is they are soooo much bigger than he is. Pac is so far above his real weight class that its hard for us to compare him fairly. Leonard would kill Pac he is the perfect fighter to beat Pac. Duran would be the greatest opponent for Pac. It would be an amazing war while it lasted.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:57 pm

sooner you must mean in todays times i guess.hearns leanard for example are modern times.to me the 50s are modern times in boxing.the boxing hall thus far considers from 1943 on uppward as modern times.in todays era the last decade or sooner you may be right if thats what your saying.but to say the last 8-10 years is modern times only i think is a mistake .a true great one.the best of the best transends time.example no one dominates ali in his prime nor tunney at 175 nor hagler at 160 nor monzon at 160 as an example..and thats trewout history.they could lose in there prime but never be dominated.
now ill take it a step further robinson in his prime or pep in his prime at there weight no one beats them.ill say the same for marciano at 175- 185.we cannot say neither for pac.and yes pac is a great one but this critera the one threwout history is the one that makes the greatest of the greats.that pac is not dispite the career and the straps.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:59 pm

sooner at least i admire your honesty.yes leanord kills pac.there both still great ones.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:14 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner at least i admire your honesty.yes leanord kills pac.there both still great ones.
Oh Ray would murder Pac. He would make Pac look really bad in that fight.

My question with Pac is what is his best weight? And who gives him major problems over the last 20 years at that weight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:15 pm

dmar5143 wrote:sooner you must mean in todays times i guess.hearns leanard for example are modern times.to me the 50s are modern times in boxing.the boxing hall thus far considers from 1943 on uppward as modern times.in todays era the last decade or sooner you may be right if thats what your saying.but to say the last 8-10 years is modern times only i think is a mistake .a true great one.the best of the best transends time.example no one dominates ali in his prime nor tunney at 175 nor hagler at 160 nor monzon at 160 as an example..and thats trewout history.they could lose in there prime but never be dominated.
now ill take it a step further robinson in his prime or pep in his prime at there weight no one beats them.ill say the same for marciano at 175- 185.we cannot say neither for pac.and yes pac is a great one but this critera the one threwout history is the one that makes the greatest of the greats.that pac is not dispite the career and the straps.
yeah when I say modern times I am talking since about 1990 on.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:20 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:sooner at least i admire your honesty.yes leanord kills pac.there both still great ones.
Oh Ray would murder Pac. He would make Pac look really bad in that fight.

My question with Pac is what is his best weight? And who gives him major problems over the last 20 years at that weight.
...outside of the 3 mentioned oscar floyd and mosley give him problems at any weight.forrest also a bit at welter and trinidad ..his best weight may be now at welter.its the last 4 years that he has made improvements that made a big differnce.or lets say the past 4 years or so hes a better fighter.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:22 pm

and marquez gave him problems at differnt weights.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:23 pm

Pac would make Buddy throw in the towel on himself.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Gumby wrote:Pac would make Buddy throw in the towel on himself.
LMAO
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:25 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Gumby wrote:Pac would make Buddy throw in the towel on himself.
LMAO
...yep good one gumby.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:29 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Pernell Whittaker beats the shit out of Pacquiao and makes him look completely foolish. Total fucking domination. He is entirely too smart for Pacquiao. Pacquiao wouln't be able to catch him, he's not big enough. Tito and Oscar got near him because of their height. When was/is Pacquiao's prime? The 80's class of welter's destroys any Pacquiao. Ray Leonard was faster, stronger and quicker than Pac, Hearns was longer,faster and stronger. A prime Duran would give him angles and was stronger and more powerful than the strongest Pac. Shit, if they fight Mayweather beats the crap out of Pacquiao. Pacquiao's speed is great but it's not amazing. Meldrick Taylor was faster than Pacquiao. I think Pacquiao would beat McGirt but it wouldn't be easy, a prime Buddy is no slouch.
Good question. I am not really sure. After he crushed Oscar? Only problem with us comparing a lot of these guys to Pac is they are soooo much bigger than he is. Pac is so far above his real weight class that its hard for us to compare him fairly. Leonard would kill Pac he is the perfect fighter to beat Pac. Duran would be the greatest opponent for Pac. It would be an amazing war while it lasted.
I hate comparing eras but I think Pac would be quicker and stronger than most welters of any era. He would be shorter, but it's not like he'd weigh less. His foot speed is amazing. His combinations are amazing. However, if his prime is around Oscar/Hatton does his prime weight have to be welter? He could have definitely fought at LW during that time.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next