The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margo vs Cotto II anyone care?

+5
Rum Capital
SlickMoney
Soonermark890
gomez1012
jz_hova
9 posters

Go down

Margo vs Cotto II anyone care? Empty Margo vs Cotto II anyone care?

Post  jz_hova Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 pm

We know what happened the first time around Smile and the debate whether Margo cheated or not in the first fight but I don't know who is going to win the second fight. Margo's style is not good for Cotto but Margo is not that same fighter from the first fight with Cotto. My head tells me Cotto is the fresher of the two but what happens in Cotto's mind the first time Margo hits him flush
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Margo vs Cotto II anyone care? Empty Re: Margo vs Cotto II anyone care?

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:59 pm

Even post beat down Margarito makes Cotto fold

He's pwns him like he did Cintron the second time around

Look at what faded Mayorga did to Cotto.

Tony also the bigger man and throws much more with decent power

Hurt Manny and left him more bruised up than we've seen him in years
Margo vs Cotto II anyone care? Pac_interview2
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:02 pm

I think Cotto beats Margo up pretty badly. I really do believe he had plaster hands in their first fight. I personally cant wait for this fight. Plus I think Margo is hurt right now. I think Pac did permanent damage to Margo.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:14 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Even post beat down Margarito makes Cotto fold

That pic was after the Cotto fight. You can see Cotto on the poster over Manny's shoulder.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:16 pm

affraid my bad lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:17 pm

gomez1012 wrote: affraid my bad lol

So now you're switching your pick?
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:22 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

Nah, why would I? still think Margarito takes him

Cotto will backpedal and only make Tony's job easier
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:27 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

Nah, why would I? still think Margarito takes him

Cotto will backpedal and only make Tony's job easier

That Cotto fight was the last time he looked good. That was 3 years ago. He's taking some ass whoopings since then. Minus the plaster, Plus a better corner for Cotto = Cotto W.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:44 pm

Yea he could be that far gone, I just dont see it against Cotto and at the higher weight class

Margarito plenty of time to heal, will still be much larger man, and his style is still a nightmare for Cotto.

Not like Cotto's power or technique has significantly improved since either, still the same fighter.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:23 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

That pic was after the Cotto fight. You can see Cotto on the poster over Manny's shoulder.
i was going to post that. i remember manny having those bandages after the cotto fight.
GOMEZ YOUR BOYS IS GETTING DESTROYED
PPPAAYYYBBBAACCCCKKKKKK PUTO
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Yea he could be that far gone, I just dont see it against Cotto and at the higher weight classMargarito plenty of time to heal, will still be much larger man, and his style is still a nightmare for Cotto.

Not like Cotto's power or technique has significantly improved since either, still the same fighter.
fightnews article reported that doctors JUSt cleared margo and that there are still things to work on regarding the contract one of those is the weight.
cotto should DEMAND that the be at a catchweight like manny did and have it at 150 or 148 lol
fuck margo

However, Francisco ‘Pancho’ Espinoza, one of Margaritos’s managers said that many details remain unresolved in the contract which could be addressed next week when he meets with promoter Bob Arum. “Mr. Arum has said he will fight Cotto in New York but has not determined the weight or title or anything. No problems going on December 3. Doctors gave him the approval and Margarito is training. He has never stopped training. We hope to meet with the promoter to determine what will be done. And move forward
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:32 pm

The only thing that's got me interested in this fight is the signature bet I got with Rum
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:33 pm

Rum Capital wrote:[
fightnews article reported that doctors JUSt cleared margo and that there are still things to work on regarding the contract one of those is the weight.
cotto should DEMAND that the be at a catchweight like manny did and have it at 150 or 148 lol
fuck margo

However, Francisco ‘Pancho’ Espinoza, one of Margaritos’s managers said that many details remain unresolved in the contract which could be addressed next week when he meets with promoter Bob Arum. “Mr. Arum has said he will fight Cotto in New York but has not determined the weight or title or anything. No problems going on December 3. Doctors gave him the approval and Margarito is training. He has never stopped training. We hope to meet with the promoter to determine what will be done. And move forward

Would def benefit Cotto

Ill take an Avatar bet with ya Rum
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:36 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Rum Capital wrote:[
fuck margo

Would def benefit Cotto

Ill take an Avatar bet with ya Rum
i need to stop running my mouth i already have a bet with grant aka miklo (blood in blood out) how about you and slick?? if not then we are on but you wopuld have to wait one week after i pay up with grant IIIIIFFFFF cotto loses.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

lol Yeah Cotto busted Pacquiao's ear drum, but Pacquiao was still more banged up in the Margarito fight I think. Margarito actually hurt him once in the fight and it was to the body and landed a lot for being pretty slow handed. As for Cotto-Margarito II, I think its going to be a good fight, FOTY kind of match up. Both guys will have a ton to prove because of all the controversy and its Mexico vs Puerto Kneeco. Margarito is shot and Cotto is a bit faded, but is still a lot more fresher than Antonio. Even with all that, I just think Cotto wont be abe to keep up with Margarito's high pace. Margarito I think wins it off activity. Cotto likes to start slow and just box, not throw many punches. Cotto just takes his time in there. Margarito will pressure him and make him uncomfortable all night. I also think Margarito used plaster that night, but Cotto will still be a sucker for that uppercut. I think Margarito will win a UD on the cards.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Diego408 wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

lol Yeah Cotto busted Pacquiao's ear drum, but Pacquiao was still more banged up in the Margarito fight I think. Margarito actually hurt him once in the fight and it was to the body and landed a lot for being pretty slow handed. As for Cotto-Margarito II, I think its going to be a good fight, FOTY kind of match up. Both guys will have a ton to prove because of all the controversy and its Mexico vs Puerto Kneeco. Margarito is shot and Cotto is a bit faded, but is still a lot more fresher than Antonio. Even with all that, I just think Cotto wont be abe to keep up with Margarito's high pace. Margarito I think wins it off activity. Cotto likes to start slow and just box, not throw many punches. Cotto just takes his time in there. Margarito will pressure him and make him uncomfortable all night. I also think Margarito used plaster that night, but Cotto will still be a sucker for that uppercut. I think Margarito will win a UD on the cards.
is there ever a match up where you see a rican beating a mexican?? i like all your mexican pride considering you don't even speak spanish lol
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:47 pm

is there ever a match up where you see a rican beating a mexican?? [/quote] Well when Puerto Rican's start winning fights against Mexicans "again", I'll have more faith to pick them.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Margo will destroy Cotto once again.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 pm

Diego408 wrote:is there ever a match up where you see a rican beating a mexican??
Well when Puerto Rican's start winning fights against Mexicans "again", I'll have more faith to pick them.[/quote]
HHAAAA enjoy the "streak" come dec it will all come tumbling down
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
Diego408 wrote:is there ever a match up where you see a rican beating a mexican??
Well when Puerto Rican's start winning fights against Mexicans "again", I'll have more faith to pick them.
HHAAAA enjoy the "streak" come dec it will all come tumbling down[/quote]We'll see about that, but Im not picking because of where they are from, Im picking from what I strongly believe. Cotto cant handle Margarito. If anyone really thinks Stewart has helped Cotto improve, is delusional. Cotto is the same limited fighter hes always been. He just throws the jab a little more and remembers he has a left hook to the body (sometimes).
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:06 pm

El Tijuana Tornado makes Cotto wilt again unless his eye really ruined him.

At Jr Middleweight the advantages become even more prominent for Tony, doesn't need to boil down, and Cotto isn't as quick or ripped at 154lb.

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 pm

This fight has rivalry written all over it. Superfights and rivalries keep boxing alive. You can bet on one thing. Fists will fly. That's enough for me. I still think Cotto is a nearly shot fighter (following the Pac fight), but his people have matched him up beautifully against fighters who can't expose that. Margarito is most likely all done, however his style is so simple and basic it relies mostly on his ability to punch and take punches. He walks opponents down and that's the only way he knows how to win.

I think a possible factor in this contest is Antonio's vision, which is probably damaged. Also, with all the horrible punishment he took in the Pac fight, it wouldn't surprise me if it affected his ability to take a punch. I like Cotto in this because he has more left, though I don't think he stops Margarito. He should dominate an exciting but one sided fight all the way to a unanimous decision.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down