The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ?

3 posters

Go down

How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ? Empty How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ?

Post  Guest Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:17 pm

Recently, I was trading emails with Brendon Smith, who trains and manages Australian lightweight contender Michael Katsidis, who, win or lose, has been one of the most exciting fighters of the past decade. Although he has lost two fights in a row (to Guerrero and lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez), Katsidis has always made great fights and left everything he had in the ring. He'll try to bounce back on Aug. 13 against Michael Lozada. It will be Katsidis' first fight in Australia since 2006. I figured that it would be a pretty big deal in Australia, which has produced many good fighters in recent years. Katsidis has been one of the country's best -- and certainly the most exciting. So I was shocked when Smith told me the fight wasn't going to be on TV in Australia. How unfortunate for the great boxing fans of Australia. What are the TV execs there thinking?

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/6826985/back-top-rank-donaire-primed-run

Back to top Go down

How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ? Empty Re: How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:18 pm

They blew their budget on Green vs Tarver? Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ? Empty Re: How is Michael Katsidis not a star in Australia ?

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 pm

I am confused as to why he didn't have any fights in Australia over a 5 year period. Yes, he was making HBO fights in the US during that time. But it isn't as if he couldn't schedule a few fights there.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:02 am

It's because he doesn't fight here and he has a bad promoter.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:56 am

freakzilla wrote:It's because he doesn't fight here and he has a bad promoter.

Outside America I think it's only his trainer who arranges fights.

But still, why didn't no Aussie networks show his previous wars ? I thought you guys were passionate sport fans.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down