The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye

5 posters

Go down

Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye Empty Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:19 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/qa-tomasz-adamek-5-67011

It started as a short interview with WBC champion Vitaly Klitschko about his plans, and ended with Klitschko criticizing Polish heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek (42-1, 27 KO) for words Adamek insists he never said. Adamek clears the air and talks about HBO, David Haye’s last fight, his upcoming fight with Vinny Maddalone and Roy Jones Jr.

You don’t care about fighting for championship belts?

In his last interview, Vitali Klitschko said that I was wrong suggesting that title belts have the same worth as my regular belts holding my pants in place, but I never said that. I know what belts mean for a fighter. I defended them in the light heavyweight (WBC) and cruiserweight division (IBF). What I said is that more and more fights are made for the “People’s Belt,” when the two fighters most wanted by the fans meet in the ring.

Like Mayweather deciding against WBA belt when he fought Shane Mosley or the Bernard Hopkins–Kelly Pavlik fight when “only” pride was on stake.

There are more examples, but yes, exactly. Too many times fighters are fighting because of politics and money connections, not their actual value. Vitali was also talking about our possible March fight, great interest from HBO who wants this to happen and not so great interest to show the American public Vitali Klitschko versus whoever wins the Odlanier Solis-Ray Austin eliminator. We both know that our encounter will be a great fight, different fighters with different styles in the ring, but there’s still time to think about it. For now, I have to think about Vinny Maddalone at the Prudential Center on December 9. I have no idea what will happen next, especially if Vitali will have to keep his mandatory WBC title defense.

During a recent HBO event at Prudential Center in Newark you met Roy Jones Jr. It started with a ringside photo and now there are rumors about a possible fight.

This is an option if Vitali will not be available. Roy is one of the best known fighters in the US. Polish fans always adored him for his special style. He was also one of my favorite fighters. This is an option for us both, but I really cannot talk about it.

When we were talking about another possibility for 2011, David Haye bout with HBO’s Max Kellerman, you suggested that maybe you should be at least twice on the floor versus Maddalone for Hayemaker to fight you…

Two could be not enough. Maybe three.

Did you see the Haye-Harrison fight?

What fight? Just the first round. After three minutes I knew what was going on and didn’t want to waste my time. It had nothing to do with boxing, even less with championship boxing. It’s a shame because we will kill boxing this way; people will start to think that this is normal. It’s not.

As a boxer, are you for withholding purses when something like this happens?

Very delicate subject because there is a very thin line between not being able to fight and not wanting to fight. If you do something very blatant, very obvious, just show up to pick up a check, why not? Our fans are paying hard earn money to see us giving everything we have. We owe them our best even when we lose. We need to show our best effort.

Are you tired that everybody, me included, is asking you about 2011 before your Vinny Maddalone fight?

I understand this business now, so not really. On the other hand, some people think it will be easy. Not me. The same was said before Michael Grant fight and he fought his best twelve rounds in the decade, it was tough. Same could happen to Vinny and I have to be prepared for that. It’s not a lip service; this is the way we – me and my trainer Roger Bloodworth – think every day of my already six-week-old training camp.

LOL @ his comments about Haye, good stuff from the Highlander

Roy at Cruiserweight/HW would be a cash grab and pack NJ

Hopefully get the Vitali fight then he can KO Roy
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye Empty Re: Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:28 pm

We need more Thomasz Adamek's! The "People's Belt" comment is I think on the money.

The Haye comments about Maddalone having to drop Adamek three times to get Haye in the ring with him were pretty funny.

This guy really is exemplary of what we (or at least I) want from a fighter. Always fit, intelligent in the ring and a daring matchmaker...and he's pretty good too!

Back to top Go down

Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye Empty Re: Adamek talks Vitali, Plan B-Roy Jones, Haye

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 pm

His original comments re: the ABC belts were correct. Sorry Vitali, your trinket is not the world championship.

adamek would beat Roy Jones senseless. I would endure the always-excruciating Bob Sheridan to watch Roy take another beating on a Integrated sports PPV

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Canvas wrote:His original comments re: the ABC belts were correct. Sorry Vitali, your trinket is not the world championship.

adamek would beat Roy Jones senseless. I would endure the always-excruciating Bob Sheridan to watch Roy take another beating on a Integrated sports PPV

Canvas is FEELING it today!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:52 pm

Yea, but i'm having a bitch of a time typing on this netbook.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:54 pm

I have a feeling Adamek will end up facing Wladimir next year, Vitali will push hard for a Haye fight now.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:14 pm

Roy vs Adamek in the works for March...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32892

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:17 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Roy vs Adamek in the works for March...

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32892

Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Ali wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

It does suck, but I cant blame him for taking another payday before getting fucked up by a Klitschko

He's doing what Haye wishes he was accomplishing with Fraudley fight
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:26 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Ali wrote:
Evil or Very Mad

It does suck, but I cant blame him for taking another payday before getting fucked up by a Klitschko

He's doing what Haye wishes he was accomplishing with Fraudley fight

Geez - there a question for you: is it worse to fight a totally shot has-been or a scared never-was?

But you gotta love Adamek; he's a game dude.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:29 pm

Vitali will be stuck with a mandatory in March, as he insists on hanging on to his trinket. adamek will fight Jones in March, get KO'ed by Vitali for a big purse, then have a big money comeback fight in Poland against perhaps, Sosnowski. That is what I would guess is the plan by Adamek's management.

Wlad has an open Schedule after December, so if Ducker is ready to back his large mouth for once in his life, he could have a shot at the world champion in the spring.

Of course we know Haye is not likely to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Canvas wrote:Vitali will be stuck with a mandatory in March, as he insists on hanging on to his trinket. adamek will fight Jones in March, get KO'ed by Vitali for a big purse, then have a big money comeback fight in Poland against perhaps, Sosnowski. That is what I would guess is the plan by Adamek's management.

Wlad has an open Schedule after December, so if Ducker is ready to back his large mouth for once in his life, he could have a shot at the world champion in the spring.

Of course we know Haye is not likely to do that.

Great call, I forgot about Vitali's shitty mandatory, no wonder he's got Roy lined up
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:45 pm

Vitali will get around that mandatory, he'll make sure his lawyers force the WBC to allow him to unify.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Ali wrote:Vitali will get around that mandatory, he'll make sure his lawyers force the WBC to allow him to unify.

and do you believe that is a deal that will be made through equal negotiation?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:00 pm

dbudge wrote:
Ali wrote:Vitali will get around that mandatory, he'll make sure his lawyers force the WBC to allow him to unify.

and do you believe that is a deal that will be made through equal negotiation?

One only hopes so.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:07 pm

i think Adam Booth would rather his charge fight Wladimir first. Haye will have to either fight a Klitschko or Chagaev by Spring next year. it will be interesting to see what the coming weeks bring

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:07 pm

@danrafaelespn Contrary to reports saying a deal for Tomasz Adamek to fight Roy Jones is imminent, Main Events Kathy Duva its not true and there's no fight

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:11 pm

Ali wrote:@danrafaelespn Contrary to reports saying a deal for Tomasz Adamek to fight Roy Jones is imminent, Main Events Kathy Duva its not true and there's no fight

Good to hear
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:29 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:His original comments re: the ABC belts were correct. Sorry Vitali, your trinket is not the world championship.

Canvas is FEELING it today!

Man that is some pure hate. I'd rather get a root canal every day for a month than listen to the colonel again.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:49 am

Is Roy that broke?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:07 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:Is Roy that broke?

He was touring small clubs in England last month, what do you think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:21 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Is Roy that broke?

He was touring small clubs in England last month, what do you think.

I never thought Roy lived that large. He must have grossed what? $50 million? Even if he only got $15 million of that that's a lot to blow through in Pensacola Florida.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:08 pm

I have a feeling he's poured a lot of his personal $ into his promotion company which probably burns through cash.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:32 pm

i didnt realize adamek has 2 promoters.co promoters and duvas one of them..she wants no part of a jones fight and wont participate..adamek and his other promoter like a jones fight..what are they thinking.jones brings nothing to the table and cant sell water in the sahara desert now...why not potkein or is that too risky..do it in poland or Atalntic city..a jones fight could start a breakup with duva..huge mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down