The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now

+5
SlickMoney
UBeeg9cats
Norm1023
Soonermark890
GrantZilla
9 posters

Go down

Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now Empty Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 am

Bernard Hopkins, the reigning WBC and The Ring magazine light-heavyweight champion, has offered to fight David Haye with a weight disadvantage.

"David Haye said a whole lot of things and he didn't deliver and that's being mild," Hopkins was quoted as saying by the Daily Mirror. "You want Bernard Hopkins' response? He bitched. Haye's a little bigger than me, but I'd say it across the table. It is what it is.

"He talked himself up so much and criticised Klitschko so badly for so long. You are not talking two or three months, but three or four years.

"Eventually, people started believing it. Most people gave him a chance - I did. Then you go in there and see a guy flopping on to the floor instead of holding. I was shocked. I would fight David Haye now and give him 20lbs."

http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/102649.html
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now Empty Re: Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now

Post  Guest Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm

lol at Hopkins calling anyone a bitch, this is the man who literally bent over and allowed Joe Calzaghe to anally rape him live on tv.

Back to top Go down

Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now Empty Re: Hops says he'd fight David Gaye right now

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:36 pm

For once I agree with everything BHOP said.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Of course Bernard would fight him right now.

Haye's pinky toe probably hasn't fully healed yet.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Norm1023 wrote:Of course Bernard would fight him right now.

I know Hopkins is disliked and wouldn't actually fight Haye but how can you act like BHop would be cherry picking by moving up to heavy at basically 47 years of age to take on a prime top 5 heavy?

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:

I know Hopkins is disliked and wouldn't actually fight Haye but how can you act like BHop would be cherry picking by moving up to heavy at basically 47 years of age to take on a prime top 5 heavy?

That was actually a dig on Haye, not Hopkins.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:03 am

Hopkins actually called out Haye after the Jones Jr fight.

This fight would be more boring than all Klitschko fights combined. And i'm serious.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:16 am

Norm1023 wrote:
UBeeg9cats wrote:

That was actually a dig on Haye, not Hopkins.

Sorry my man. I am always ready to defend BHop so I read your comment incorrectly.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 am

Hopkins challenge of Haye represents a key difference in boxing eras. Boxers used to search for the toughest challenge to prove themselves. Now fighters sit back, wait to see who's losing it, then make a challenge. I don't want to see Hopkins and Haye. What the hell is the point?? What would it prove? Haye's history.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:22 am

Frank wrote:Hopkins challenge of Haye represents a key difference in boxing eras. Boxers used to search for the toughest challenge to prove themselves. Now fighters sit back, wait to see who's losing it, then make a challenge. I don't want to see Hopkins and Haye. What the hell is the point?? What would it prove? Haye's history.

Again, I love to defend Hopkins but I think a 47 year old spotting a prime former cruiser champ approximately 25 lbs would be an insane accomplishment and would be more than Roy did at heavy. BHop loves to try and outdo RJJ Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 pm

Frank wrote:Hopkins challenge of Haye represents a key difference in boxing eras. Boxers used to search for the toughest challenge to prove themselves. Now fighters sit back, wait to see who's losing it, then make a challenge. I don't want to see Hopkins and Haye. What the hell is the point?? What would it prove? Haye's history.

Losing it ? Haye's still in his prime.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:11 pm

I would love to see this happen. Would Floyd demand OSDT?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Ali wrote:

agreed, you cant really lose it if you never had it to begin with.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:
Ali wrote:

while I am a huge critic of Mr. 13(I honestly think Ali might say I'm a hater), to say a man who was a very good amateur fighter, lineal cruiserweight champ, and beltholder at HW, never had it to begin with, is a bit much.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:02 am

captainanddew wrote:
while I am a huge critic of Mr. 13(I honestly think Ali might say I'm a hater), to say a man who was a very good amateur fighter, lineal cruiserweight champ, and beltholder at HW, never had it to begin with, is a bit much.

Ricardo Mayorga was lineal champ at 147 and won a trinket at 154. Jus sayin.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 am

SlickMoney wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Ricardo Mayorga was lineal champ at 147 and won a trinket at 154. Jus sayin.
Agreed. Also, Haye was an untested HW going in to the Klit fight and failed the test. Nuff said. A gutsy move by Hopkins would've been to challenge Wladamir. Either that, or he should stay where he is and fight Tavoris Cloud. Yeah, I know about all the complaints about Cloud. My take is that he's the best LH in the world. I would personally be impressed if B Hop got in the ring against him. My pick would be Cloud.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:47 am

BHop also called out Tarver recently. I have always thought BHop's swan song should be against Cunningham in Philly but we know they are too close to fight.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:50 am

captainanddew wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:
Ali wrote:

Finally some sanity from the captain Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down