The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory Empty Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:59 am

Are we to believe that Antonio Margarito did not ingest ephedra before the fight on Saturday? We know he's tried to cheat by putting a plaster like substance in his hand wraps two fights ago. Has he ingested ephedra before any of his previous fights? Is this what has made him so seemingly invincible to pain and punishment? Is his reputation for high punch counts and an incredible work rate as well as his durability the result of a banned substance?

On the night of the Cotto fight is it safe to assume that Margarito not only had a plaster like substance in his hand wraps but was also on a banned substance? One has to wonder if this is how Margarito weathered the seven round storm that Cotto brought.

This reminds me of Panama Lewis and Aaron Pryor Vs. Alexis Arguello. We later found out that Lewis was a cheat and cheated in other fights besides the Pryor Arguello fight. Resto (not the most reliable of sources) has gone on record saying that Lewis gave him a drink that opened up his nostrils and gave him energy. Lewis denies this as well as denying that he tampered with Resto's gloves which has been proven.

Thought?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory Empty Re: Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Are we to believe that Antonio Margarito did not ingest ephedra before the fight on Saturday? We know he's tried to cheat by putting a plaster like substance in his hand wraps two fights ago. Has he ingested ephedra before any of his previous fights? Is this what has made him so seemingly invincible to pain and punishment? Is his reputation for high punch counts and an incredible work rate as well as his durability the result of a banned substance?

On the night of the Cotto fight is it safe to assume that Margarito not only had a plaster like substance in his hand wraps but was also on a banned substance? One has to wonder if this is how Margarito weathered the seven round storm that Cotto brought.

This reminds me of Panama Lewis and Aaron Pryor Vs. Alexis Arguello. We later found out that Lewis was a cheat and cheated in other fights besides the Pryor Arguello fight. Resto (not the most reliable of sources) has gone on record saying that Lewis gave him a drink that opened up his nostrils and gave him energy. Lewis denies this as well as denying that he tampered with Resto's gloves which has been proven.

Thought?

If Margarito had used the diuretics that the Pacquiao camp are claiming then he would fail a drugs test almost immediately. ephredrine comes in some cough medicines, ephredrine is more of a stimulant anyway. the Pacquiao camp are claiming he used Hydroxicut which is a diuretic which basically helps your body to dehydrate itself. if Margarito was using ephredrine then the stimulant effect would have gone by the time he got to the ring, it's a short term drug a bit like cocaine is. either way, if Margarito was using Hydroxicut or ephredrine then he would fail any basic urine test immediately. i think it could have been head games just before the fight from the Pac camp, we all saw how much the handwrap incident affected Margarito before Mosley and i'm pretty sure that Roach knew this as well. 90% of fighting is psychological

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory Empty Re: Margarito Accusation Conspiracy Theory

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 pm

dbudge wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Are we to believe that Antonio Margarito did not ingest ephedra before the fight on Saturday? We know he's tried to cheat by putting a plaster like substance in his hand wraps two fights ago. Has he ingested ephedra before any of his previous fights? Is this what has made him so seemingly invincible to pain and punishment? Is his reputation for high punch counts and an incredible work rate as well as his durability the result of a banned substance?

Thought?

If Margarito had used the diuretics that the Pacquiao camp are claiming then he would fail a drugs test almost immediately. ephredrine comes in some cough medicines, ephredrine is more of a stimulant anyway. the Pacquiao camp are claiming he used Hydroxicut which is a diuretic which basically helps your body to dehydrate itself. if Margarito was using ephredrine then the stimulant effect would have gone by the time he got to the ring, it's a short term drug a bit like cocaine is. either way, if Margarito was using Hydroxicut or ephredrine then he would fail any basic urine test immediately. i think it could have been head games just before the fight from the Pac camp, we all saw how much the handwrap incident affected Margarito before Mosley and i'm pretty sure that Roach knew this as well. 90% of fighting is psychological

How short term could it be if race car drivers use it to increase alertness. Look at this statistic of college hockey players http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17342884 Hockey is a 60 minute event, a short term drug would be just as moot in this sport I would assume.

Banned in the NBA and NFL, both sports require stamina over a two to three hour period. Boxing is a 48 minute event.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Thought?
It doesn't matter. He got his ass kicked.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Frank wrote:

Thought?

Hey, that post took me a lot of time lol. I think it matters a little. Cotto's career is shot and I have a feeling ephedra had a lot to do with it seeing Tony busted up badly in his two notable fights since.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:42 pm

i've taken ephredrine before weight training and it's effects really don't last that long. it's very similar to taking speed. i can see that Panama Lewis could have given it to Aaron Pryor based on the way Pryor perked up so quick and because if it was diluted in water then it would take less time to kick in. If Margarito did use ephredrine then he would fail a urine test immediately. Pacquiao's camp are claiming that they saw Hydroxycut in his changing room anyway. Hydroxycut doesn't have ephredrine in it anyway, it is a different drug that is used solely for weight loss and as a diuretic. all of this kind of drugs show up in a urine analysis anyway to i doubt Margarito will have gotten away with it if he used it. a fight of this magnitude would have testing straight after the fight. Also i don't see why Margarito would have continued to use Hydroxycut after the weigh in anyway as it wouldn't be beneficial to him trying to rehydrate to his natural weight. i definitely think that it was all mind games by Pacquiao's camp because of what happened in the build-up to the Mosley fight, i think it was a calculated accusation, and it's funny how it was highlighted just an hour before the start of the fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm

lol it was planted to mess with freddie..yes urine or blood work catches it..testing is after ever fight..yes we are going to bring that stuff in the dressing room and leave it on the counter sooo everyone could see it..lets get real here.garcia is not stupid..nor is a duretic needed after the offical weight in

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:52 pm

dbudge wrote:i've taken ephredrine before weight training and it's effects really don't last that long. it's very similar to taking speed. i can see that Panama Lewis could have given it to Aaron Pryor based on the way Pryor perked up so quick and because if it was diluted in water then it would take less time to kick in. If Margarito did use ephredrine then he would fail a urine test immediately. Pacquiao's camp are claiming that they saw Hydroxycut in his changing room anyway. Hydroxycut doesn't have ephredrine in it anyway, it is a different drug that is used solely for weight loss and as a diuretic. all of this kind of drugs show up in a urine analysis anyway to i doubt Margarito will have gotten away with it if he used it. a fight of this magnitude would have testing straight after the fight. Also i don't see why Margarito would have continued to use Hydroxycut after the weigh in anyway as it wouldn't be beneficial to him trying to rehydrate to his natural weight. i definitely think that it was all mind games by Pacquiao's camp because of what happened in the build-up to the Mosley fight, i think it was a calculated accusation, and it's funny how it was highlighted just an hour before the start of the fight

Speed is taken in almost every major sport. The magnitude of a fight didn't stop Capetillo from loading Margarito's gloves.

Check this out: http://www.thatswholesale.com/db69.html#ch427

I think you can still get it with ephedra.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:54 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol it was planted to mess with freddie..yes urine or blood work catches it..testing is after ever fight..yes we are going to bring that stuff in the dressing room and leave it on the counter sooo everyone could see it..lets get real here.garcia is not stupid..nor is a duretic needed after the offical weight in

you made my point but with a lot less typing!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:58 pm

dmar5143 wrote:lol it was planted to mess with freddie..yes urine or blood work catches it..testing is after ever fight..yes we are going to bring that stuff in the dressing room and leave it on the counter sooo everyone could see it..lets get real here.garcia is not stupid..nor is a duretic needed after the offical weight in

From what the accusation stated was the he was mixing it with coffee. Is coffee illegal like Steward was saying? Only water to rehydrate? Garcia is stupid enough to let his fighters mock a guy with Parkinsons on camera and stupid enough not to stop a fight his fighter was clearly losing and taking a beating. I wouldn't put it past him.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 pm

Wouldnt surprise me
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:08 pm

No way to know of course. I think Freddie Roach is simply wrong to state it would have cleared his system in a single fight though.

Hell, I don't even know if it is illegal in Nevada.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 pm

if it's ot on thir banned substances list then i don't see the problem. generally Hydroxycut comes without ephredra. ephredrine and Hydroxycut would be used for 2 different purposes. I don't see that Margarito would have need a weight loss product after the official weigh in. it wouldn't have helped him to rehydrate 15lbs more than what he weighed in the day before that is for sure! we will find out in a few days anyway as they will find out if Margarito was clean from the anti-doping tests. i really think this was Pacquiao's team playing mind games

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:34 pm

dbudge wrote:if it's ot on thir banned substances list then i don't see the problem. generally Hydroxycut comes without ephredra. ephredrine and Hydroxycut would be used for 2 different purposes. I don't see that Margarito would have need a weight loss product after the official weigh in. it wouldn't have helped him to rehydrate 15lbs more than what he weighed in the day before that is for sure! we will find out in a few days anyway as they will find out if Margarito was clean from the anti-doping tests. i really think this was Pacquiao's team playing mind games

There was a LOT of that going around on Saturday wasn't there? From both sides.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm

exactly (if you're being serious), there were mind games from the moment the fight was announced

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:07 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Frank wrote:

Thought?

Hey, that post took me a lot of time lol. I think it matters a little. Cotto's career is shot and I have a feeling ephedra had a lot to do with it seeing Tony busted up badly in his two notable fights since.
Hardcore, it was a very good, well thought out post. I wasn't dismissing your work. My frustation is that I've been saying the same thing you're suggesting for a while now and found out that people are stuck in their views. For the better or the worse, some people believe he loaded against Cotto, some don't. There's no changing anyones mind.

I personally felt that on Sat. night, Antonio proved he was a world class fighter with loads of heart. Prior to the Pac fight, I didn't know what to believe. I leaned towards AM being a complete phony and a fraud. He proved me wrong. As far as loading up against Cotto, I'll admit that I'm not as sure as I used to be that he's guilty. However, you make some good points in the post. Keep em coming. You may have better luck than I had.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 pm

it is a good post. it's a more than reasonable argument given Margarito's tainted past.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:29 pm

dbudge wrote:it is a good post. it's a more than reasonable argument given Margarito's tainted past.

Well wait a minute, now we think Margarito is beating drug tests? Really?

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:30 pm

According to Kellerman, it was Splenda. I don't know if I believe that. Anyway, taking a diuretic before a fight, AFTER the weigh in makes no sense. it wouldn't be in your system long enough to matter. Besides...the main reason diuretics & the like are banned is not because of they could give you energy, it because they are used to mask other PED's...steroids & such. Taking it before a fight would have the opposite effect on you.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:34 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
dbudge wrote:it is a good post. it's a more than reasonable argument given Margarito's tainted past.

wll drug tests can be beaten, i can see why somebody would want to argue for Margarito as cheating through drugs because of how he has more than likely cheated in the past in far worse circumstances. if you add to that saturday night's events then i can totally see why somebody would throw that argument out there. but i don't believe that, i believe that it was just part of the pre-fight head games between the 2 camps

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:37 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:According to Kellerman, it was Splenda. I don't know if I believe that. Anyway, taking a diuretic before a fight, AFTER the weigh in makes no sense. it wouldn't be in your system long enough to matter. Besides...the main reason diuretics & the like are banned is not because of they could give you energy, it because they are used to mask other PED's...steroids & such. Taking it before a fight would have the opposite effect on you.

I dunno Panther, when I saw that BEFORE Kellerman's commentary I said to my guests "That's Splenda he's putting in a cup of coffee." The yellow packets are reasonably distinctive.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:38 pm

dbudge wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

wll drug tests can be beaten, i can see why somebody would want to argue for Margarito as cheating through drugs because of how he has more than likely cheated in the past in far worse circumstances. if you add to that saturday night's events then i can totally see why somebody would throw that argument out there. but i don't believe that, i believe that it was just part of the pre-fight head games between the 2 camps

I agree drug tests can be beaten. But it requires a level of sophistication Margarito has never demonstrated in any element of his life that I know of.

I do not dispute Margarito WOULD cheat, it's pretty clear he would. I just don't think he actually has. But I've been wrong before.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:47 pm

Tony took a 12 round pummeling off of Pacman and didn't go down once.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Ali wrote:Tony took a 12 round pummeling off of Pacman and didn't go down once.

he did weigh over a stone and a quarter more than him. And he also stood 5 inches taller over him. take a look at the end of the 10th round, also in the fourth when a body shot almost buckled him. Margarito is tough as nails but i belt he is feeling pretty sore right about now! adrenalin is a wonderful thing in the battle to resist pain

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Ali wrote:Tony took a 12 round pummeling off of Pacman and didn't go down once.

Yup. But I don't know what drug enables one to stay on one's feet.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next