The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phantom punch, dive or legit KO ?

+4
flapanther2001
Diego408
GrantZilla
captainanddew
8 posters

Go down

Phantom punch, dive or legit KO ? Empty Phantom punch, dive or legit KO ?

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:38 pm

Back to top Go down

Phantom punch, dive or legit KO ? Empty Re: Phantom punch, dive or legit KO ?

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:38 pm

it was a legit knockdown. As for him laying there out cold, I am beginning to wonder after having watched the replay a few times.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:38 pm

This whole "dive" thing is getting tiresome. Seems every KO someone brings up "he took a dive."

Why would Martinez and Arum want him to take a dive in the FIRST round, when the whole point of the fight was to get the ring rust off and get some rounds in before Pac? This fight ended up doing none of that.

Second, why would they pay, and risk getting into serious trouble to have Ramos take a dive? If they felt Ramos realy was a big enough threat to risk a Pac shadown, they'd have matched Marquez up with someone they did consider a no threat.

This was simply a case of Ramos getting hit hard, and simply not wanting to go on. He probably wasn't getting paid a lot, so he's like "fuck it." Same situation with Castillio against Hatton. Castillio wasn't going to make any money off that fight because of a lawsuit from Corrales, so when he got hit with the body shot, he just said, "fuck it."
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:51 pm

I don't think Castillo took a dive, Ricky landed a nasty hook to the liver.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:52 pm

Ali wrote:I don't think Castillo took a dive, Ricky landed a nasty hook to the liver.

I didn't say he took a dive. I was saying, he got hit with a nasty shot, knew he wasn't going to make any money, and quit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:59 pm

I get sick and tired of conspiracy theories and claims of fixes, but I have to admit, that KO just didn't look right to me. The way the guy flopped out with his eyes closed just set my alarms off. As I have already said, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. JMM did land flush.

Grant: I don't think JMM would have wanted a dive. I think if there was a fix, it would have been Arum. He ddoesn't want to have to go looking for a new opponent with only four months left in the promotion.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:08 pm

I just don't see Arum being stupid enough to fix a fight that blatantly. That's serious shit can land your ass in jail.

I think was case that Ramos knew what his role was, to be a punching bag for JMM. No doubt he was getting paid little. And he took a hard shot from JMM, and quit.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:17 pm

It was in Mexico. I'm not arguing that it was a fix - but I have to admit my gut told me something didn't look right.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:19 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:I don't think Castillo took a dive, Ricky landed a nasty hook to the liver.

I didn't say he took a dive. I was saying, he got hit with a nasty shot, knew he wasn't going to make any money, and quit.

I agree. It was a legit knockdown but he was happy to lay there and not attempt to get up.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:09 pm

He got hit with a good shot, I just dont think the guy wanted to fight. He got paid and didnt wanna to take an ass whooping that comes with it. I just think he took the easy way out, no way was he paid to take a dive and if he was it was a waste becasue Marquez wouldnt have had any type of trouble with this bum.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 pm

Well, now that JMM has a one punch KO on his resume', should we accuse him of using PED's?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Diego408 wrote:He got hit with a good shot, I just dont think the guy wanted to fight. He got paid and didnt wanna to take an ass whooping that comes with it. I just think he took the easy way out, no way was he paid to take a dive and if he was it was a waste becasue Marquez wouldnt have had any type of trouble with this bum.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:44 pm

Diego408 wrote:He got hit with a good shot, I just dont think the guy wanted to fight. He got paid and didnt wanna to take an ass whooping that comes with it. I just think he took the easy way out, no way was he paid to take a dive and if he was it was a waste becasue Marquez wouldnt have had any type of trouble with this bum.

Not only that, the whole point of the fight was to get the rust off and some rounds in for JMM before Pac. WTF was the point of the fight if they paid him to take a dive in the first round?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:21 am

He took two good right hands there, I think it was a legit knockdown. I agree that he probably was just looking for a way out. I don't see a "paid dive"; just a guy who didn't want to be there.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:07 am

What if he bet a large sum of money against himself not making out if the first round. Like if he doesn't make it out of the first he tripples his purse? I don't think that anyone paid him per se, but he sure as shit might have paid himself.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:What if he bet a large sum of money against himself not making out if the first round. Like if he doesn't make it out of the first he tripples his purse? I don't think that anyone paid him per se, but he sure as shit might have paid himself.

Well, if that was proven dude should go to jail for fraud. But I'm sure he wouldn't be the first guy to do that and get away with it (if he did).
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:33 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Well, now that JMM has a one punch KO on his resume', should we accuse him of using PED's?
LMAO nice. If he was fighting Floyd next we would.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down