The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect

2 posters

Go down

Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect Empty Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Seth "Mayhem" Mitchell, former Michigan State linebacker, 20-0, and just off of knocking out
veteran Taurus Sykes

Sure, he's 28, but not that old for a HW

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect Empty Re: Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:39 pm

Yep, looks promising

Hopefully he graduates to the next level in 2011
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect Empty Re: Seth Mitchell American's most legit HW prospect

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Yep, looks promising

Hopefully he graduates to the next level in 2011

Sucks for him though, since HBO put a gag order on HWs, and the same with Showtime. It's going to be real hard to get any TV dates outside of FNF
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:27 pm

I would think FNFs or ShoBox would be available to him

GBP has Solo Boxeo, Id start showcasing him on there often then step up
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:39 pm

sorry the guys nothing.he has so many flaws and holes that would make a 100 pounds of swiss cheeze look solid..inside look how low the right is soo vulnerable to a shot on a inviting chin..i can go on and on..an ex football player.soo much for the much used argument that other sports are taking away our fighters especialy HWS..we seem to forget several things.1.other sports are college grads..fighters are not..great and good fighters have always come from hunger.usualy tough neiborhoods where just walking down the street ment at times you had to fight for that privledge...
hunger to the point that the oppresed nationalities of the time or race who had anger in there hearts and the desire to get out of the gettos..the irish italians jews the blacks the PRICANS. now the mexicans.that hatred against society perhaps the longing to get there family out of poverty.the hunger desire to do anything to succeed.no shortcuts.the fury to be released inside in a constructive way..untill thats there totaly in a person you can forget the soo called football players who were spoiled in high school and the rest of the other basketball track etc etc..college education not the hunger is there way out..in the neighborhoods of bronsville the brox bensehearst little italy harlem hells kitchen and places like the south side of chicago or any place anywhere that was similar like my old neighborhood that was similar.. colledge please..7th grade maybe..street fights yep galor..heart desire i want it stems from there mostly.
this guy looked good realy and against what.the bottom of the barell of tomatoe cans..
myself only..we got today one dam good HW fighter in wlad..vitali im not as high on as others.i personaly dont care if the next great or near great HW comes from syberia or elsewhere..as a boxing fan i think we desire 3-4 or 5 near greats or greats in every division..doo we care where there from..i dont think so...one thing is you can bet the farm he came from the circumstances i outlined..90-95 percent of them..things not going to change unless the fight game has total candyasses.
theres where the great and good and the tough journeyman come from..

Last edited by dmar5143 on Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Dmar

Nobody anointed him the next champ!

Just saying, he's the most promising American HW, thats it lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:05 pm

the HW division then is in a sad state of affairs here in the usa..or for that m atter elsewhere..the hw division for years was what was called the glory division but in reality the middles lws welters have always been far supierior..the bantams at times also awsome as well as the feathers..yes the HWS have had great champions..real great ones but soo have the other divisions..the other thing is the other divisions were usualy stacked with fantastic talent..history shows and proves to us the HWS were not..this even bears out today..the HW division is not the salvation of boxing and perhaps it never was..great and near great and good fighters in abundance is the salvation..as a fan thats what i want and care about..where he comes from i could care less.do we care that manny and dontrail are oriental..that angulos from mexico or martinez is spanish..or monson locche duran and others are from south america.or marquez from mexico..we love them cause of there talent and we are true boxing fans..why the out cry ..if a champ like cerdan came from france or bennivinuti from italy or duran or monzon from south america or wlad from the ukraine..soo what..this is a world sport..lets just enjoy it..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:14 pm

There are two American HW prospects I can name

Deontay Wilder
Seth Mitchell

And both are very very raw fighters which I doubt will even earn an ABC strap...

Sad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:14 pm

lol im just sounding off for my love of the sport..noo relflextion on nationalism which we all have...yes if a guys from canada tobe probably would root for him...or the uk where ali and dbrudge would root for them..or italian wheather from italy or here ill probably root for him...or irish or new england marble may root for him...etc etc thats natural..but it should not overshaddow our love and appeciation of the sport cause its dominated for a time by whats viewd as a outsider...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:18 pm

gomez wilder i mentioned before as a possibilty..he has height reach a bob foster type build power and a good amatuer background..his drawbacks are maybe a suspect chin and very protected..he could be either the next riddock bowe or the next mike grant or the next audrey harrison..time to test him to find out.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:24 pm

dmar5143, the HWs will always be the tent pole division whether you think it's fair or not. Why? Because people like seeing big guys fight. Especialy in US. Everything is big.

Casual fan and person is going to be drawn more to seeing big hulks fighting, then seeing two guys fighting who weigh less then their girlfriend.

Lack of exciting HWs, and American HWs, have realy hurt boxing in the US
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down