The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

+6
SlickMoney
GrantZilla
Soonermark890
hardcorebee24
flapanther2001
gomez1012
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:03 pm

He can fight Kimbo.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alistair Overeem wants Vitali Klitschko ?

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Ali wrote:Overeem has plenty of paydays in his future.

No way. You don't move to another sport and take on the top challenger so that can get your ass handed to you, outside of wanting a payday.

If he realy wanted to try boxing, he'd take on a few fring challengers first to see if he has any business even being in the ring. He won't, because he'll get his ass kicked by them, and that'd throw out trying to get a Klitschko payday beatdown
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:Overeem has plenty of paydays in his future.

No way. You don't move to another sport and take on the top challenger so that can get your ass handed to you, outside of wanting a payday.

If he realy wanted to try boxing, he'd take on a few fring challengers first to see if he has any business even being in the ring. He won't, because he'll get his ass kicked by them, and that'd throw out trying to get a Klitschko payday beatdown

Grant, Overeem has Big Foot next, then the winner of Barnett vs Kharitov, after that possible Fedor IF he beats Hendo. Then he'll be free to join the UFC and face Cain, Lesnar, Mir etc etc.

He's got plenty paydays on the horizon. I am telling you it's nothing more than ambition.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Do you realize David Gaye is estimated to have made 15 million on his joke fight with Wlad? That Povetkin turned down 5 mill to fight Wlad originaly? That any Klit opponent that is a manditory will get atleast 2 mill.

Brock Lesnar, the UFC's biggest draw, got paid $400k in UFC 121. UFC entire payroll was $1.5 mill.

Overeem get's paid less than 70k a fight.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 pm

First of all, Overeem's stand up sucks. Werdum hit him at will and Werdum is worse than Overeem. A nobody journeyman would tag him incessantly.
Secondly, Big Foot will stomp him into the ground and he has no boxing skills either. Overeem has as much chance of competing as these football players that are trying to cross over.
All this does is fuel the flames of MMA vs Boxing talk. It's a joke. Let Overeem last 8 rounds with James Toney, the poster boy for MMA crossover.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Norm1023 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:He would get killed and he would have to lay off the roids.

If there is one guy I had to point my finger at and say they're on something it's Overeem.
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:32 pm

Norm1023 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:He would get killed and he would have to lay off the roids.

If there is one guy I had to point my finger at and say they're on something it's Overeem.
Oh yeah the guy looks like Arnold when he was Mr. Universe
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:40 pm

It's not steroids guys, it's the horse meat!

Rolling Eyes
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:08 pm

I would like that fight. Vitali would have a field day and I bet it would get good ratings. I doubt Overeem gets past testing though.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:27 pm

I'd say yes to a K-1 fight but no to a boxing or MMA fight.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2