The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video)

5 posters

Go down

Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video) Empty Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video)

Post  freakzilla Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:49 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/9/13/2422288/ufc-141-brock-lesnar-vs-alistair-overeem-fight-wont-go-the-distance

"Everybody who I have spoken to is very excited about [my fight with Brock Lesnar]. We are two big guys. Brock is a very big guy, a very dangerous guy. I'm happy. I'm happy we came to this agreement. I'm excited to fight Brock. I'm going to do what I do best. I expect him to do what he does best. This fight is not going to go the distance, that one thing is for certain. Someone is going to get beat up. And I'm going to do my best to make sure it's not me."

"Demolition Man," who also doubles as "Captain Obvious," reveals his prediction for his year-end blockbuster showdown. He later opines that "someone is going to get beat up." Alistair Overeem is scheduled to lock horns with Brock Lesnar at UFC 141 on Dec. 30 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Early predictions? Pain?

freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video) Empty Re: Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video)

Post  gomez1012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:45 am

He's right, Brock cant take a punch
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video) Empty Re: Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video)

Post  freakzilla Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 pm

gomez1012 wrote:He's right, Brock cant take a punch

You're pretty much right. Brock though can easily take this to the ground and if he can keep it there then Overeem is in a lot of trouble.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:11 pm

Overeem could submit Brock if it hits the mat.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:26 pm

freakzilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:He's right, Brock cant take a punch

You're pretty much right. Brock though can easily take this to the ground and if he can keep it there then Overeem is in a lot of trouble.

I think Reem is strong enough to not let this go to the ground
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:59 pm

Brock is probably the stronger guy. Also he is a much better wrestler.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:46 pm

Brock can't take 'Reems punches, 'Reem will struggle with Brock's grappling. This could make an awkward fight.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 am

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Brock can't take 'Reems punches, 'Reem will struggle with Brock's grappling. This could make an awkward fight.

Oh no...not more of this shit

Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video) 2uz9wg2
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:57 am

gomez1012 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:Brock can't take 'Reems punches, 'Reem will struggle with Brock's grappling. This could make an awkward fight.

Oh no...not more of this shit

Alistair Overeem- Fight won't go the distance (Video) 2uz9wg2

You wont see that in this fight because Brock is not good at BJJ. He is hopeless of his back and needs top position. Anyway Brock is very aggressive and wont pull a Werdum.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:31 pm

If Brock is aggressive he will get KTFO quicker than he did vs Cain
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 pm

gomez1012 wrote:If Brock is aggressive he will get KTFO quicker than he did vs Cain

It's his only chance. He needs the quick takedown or Overeem will pick him apart.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:42 pm

I got Brock by brutal ground and pound.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:11 pm

I'd love to go with my namesake but I will take Overeem. I think Brock has taken too much time off and will get caught with a strike very early on.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:49 pm

He took a year off between the Mir II and Carwin fights and it didn't effect him then.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 pm

True but inactivity hurts always. Add that with the fact he is surprisingly already 34 and has taken some punishment in and out of the ring since then, I don't like his chances.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down