The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney

4 posters

Go down

Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney Empty Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:20 pm

http://ca.reuters.com/article/sportsNews/idCATRE73L3XC20110422?sp=true

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Helped by Muhammad Ali's former trainer, Britain's heavyweight WBA champion David Haye believes his speed and power will bring him victory in his unification bout with Wladimir Klitschko on July 2.

Haye will take on Ukrainian Klitschko, the WBO, IBO and IBF champion, in Hamburg's football arena in a long-awaited showdown.

"I've got very quick feet, quick head movement and my punches are very rapid," the 30-year-old Englishman, nicknamed 'The Hayemaker', told Reuters on Friday.

"I've got the type of speed he will not have had to encounter as a professional. I've been working on my speed. I feel light and my punches are freakishly hard.

"I've always been able to knock people out with either hand, so if I catch him at any time, he's going to sleep."

The London fighter has been training in Miami's famed Fifth Street Gym, where Angelo Dundee trained Muhammad Ali, and he said the veteran cornerman has given him welcome words of wisdom.

"He came by yesterday and we had a good chat. He still knows his stuff," Haye said. "He was giving me some good advice, some tactics to implement when I get in the ring. I had a great game plan before, but Angelo's tweaked it."

Haye, who has a career record of 25-1 with 23 knockouts, predicted that Klitschko (55-3, 49 KOs) would try to make their mega-fight in Hamburg ugly and boring.

PULLING THE TRIGGER

"He's someone who can jab you to death for 12 rounds and is happy to do that," the Londoner said. "He doesn't let his right hand go, he doesn't really pull the trigger.

"I think he's going to come unstuck with that tactic when he fights me. I'm going to have to force him to fight."

A Haye-Vladimir Klitschko clash has been on the cards for two years but twice the two sides failed to finalize a deal after disagreeing on how to split revenues.

Haye and Klitschko appeared to have struck a deal for the July 2 fight in early January, only for talks to fall apart when Klitschko insisted on taking an interim bout with Britain's Dereck Chisora on April 30.

When Klitschko canceled that fight, citing an injury, the meeting with Haye was swiftly re-arranged.

Haye was confident the difficulties in putting the fight together will be long forgotten once the bell rings.

"As long as I knock Wladimir out, nobody's going to care how long the fight took to put together, who got what percentage, what the ticket sales were," he said.

"That's all irrelevant. The only thing that matters is when we're both in that ring and the first bell rings and we go to war."
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney Empty Re: Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:23 pm

I hope Haye comes to fight. Then we'll see him knocked the fuck out in the first few rounds instead of jabbed to death (which is what happens if he runs like he did against Valuev). Still no fucking chance that he wins.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney Empty Re: Haye banks on power and speed to beat "boring" Klitschko - By Kieran Mulvaney

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:30 pm

Really? Speed & power? To beat a Hwt? I never thought of that. What a concept!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:38 pm

God bless The Savior.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:43 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Really? Speed & power? To beat a Hwt? I never thought of that. What a concept!!!

I think he's just trying to copy Corrie Sanders. That golfing South African had speed and power. Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Really? Speed & power? To beat a Hwt? I never thought of that. What a concept!!!

I think he's just trying to copy Corrie Sanders. That golfing South African had speed and power. Laughing
LOL.....The only thing Sanders had speed at was disappearing from boxing!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:52 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
LOL.....The only thing Sanders had speed at was disappearing from boxing!!!!

Hahaha as quickly as he knock Wladimir down!

That was James Kirkland like lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:55 pm

Sanders had fast hands and insane power. But he was also a Southpaw, which Wlad has problems with.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down