The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casey Anthony Acquitted

3 posters

Go down

Casey Anthony Acquitted Empty Casey Anthony Acquitted

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:18 pm

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/07/05/general-us-casey-anthony-trial_8550649.html

This was to be expected. No doubt the woman is guilty. But the prosecution is to blame for the verdict. They had a weak case, with little evidence. They couldn't even prove how her daughter died. So how can they prove murder to a jury when they don't even know for sure the cause of death? Sure, they had a theory that she sufficated from being duc taped, but no evidence to back it up. Casey's DNA and finger prints were not found on the tape they thought she used.

People may bitch about how the justice system failed, but it didn't. You are innocent until proven guilty, and the prosecution failed to show guilt with facts.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Casey Anthony Acquitted Empty Re: Casey Anthony Acquitted

Post  captainanddew Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:59 pm

Do I think she did it? Yes. Did the evidence (as reported) make a great case? No.

Did the jury think she did it? I believe they did. I think it left the jury feeling that she probably did it, but there wasn't evidence beyond a reasonable doubt that she committed the crimes she was charged with.

Has to be a rather conflicted feeling for those jurors.

Not that there is percentage terms for guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, but if society were to impose them, I would guess we would say it is around 85-90% sure. In a civil case with preponderance of the evidence it is really 51%. Big difference in the level of assuredness the jury needs.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:41 pm

What ever happened to common sense?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down