The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December

4 posters

Go down

Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December Empty Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December

Post  GrantZilla Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:24 am

WBC light welterweight champion Erik Morales (52-7, 36 KO’s) is looking for a soft target for his first defense of his title on December 10th in Morales’ home city of Tijuana, Mexico. 2nd tier British lightweight Anthony Crolla (22-2, 9 KO’s) is reportedly being considered by the 35-year-old Morales.

It’s quite common for champions to cherry pick from the divisions below them to select smaller, weaker opposition to fight. However, it’s rare for a champion to pick a 2nd tier fighter from a division below them, which is what Morales would be doing if he were to fight the 24-year-old inexperienced Crolla.

Morales recently captured the WBC vacant light welterweight title in a fight against 21-year-old fringe contender Pablo Cesar Cano on September 17th with a grueling 10th round stoppage win for Morales. This should have been a fairly easy win for Morales, as Cano is little more than a mediocre bottom ranked contender.

However, Morales looked faded and old in struggling through much of the fight to eventually wear Cano down to get the victory. The win pretty much showed that Morales won’t be a champion for long unless he’s matched against weak opposition. That’s where Crolla comes in. He’s not a light welterweight and he looked beyond horrible in barely beating Juan Montiel (5-5-3, 2 KO’s) by an 8 round split decision on the same card as Morales-Cano last September. Crolla isn’t any threat to Morales.

After Morales fights in December, he wants to move down to the lightweight division for one fight to try and take on the winner of the Jorge Linares vs. Antonio DeMarco fight, which takes place on October 15th. Linares and DeMarco are fighting for the vacant World Boxing Council lightweight title.

If Morales can beat the winner of that fight, Morales would pick up a 5th world title the easy way. You can probably predict what would could come next for Morales – a fight for a 6th world title against WBA welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko, a fighter who many boxing fans seen as a paper champion.

http://tinyurl.com/66w3m2x
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December Empty Re: Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:05 pm

Morales vs DeMarco would be a great all Tijuana battle
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December Empty Re: Morales vs Anthony Crolla for December

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Morales vs DeMarco would be a great all Tijuana battle
Hes gonna get whooped by Linares next week. I honestly believe when Marquez loses to pacquaio, Morales vs Marquez will be on play for next year.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Linares struggled vs Juarez and got KTFO by Salgado

DeMarco is live in this fight, I think he's got a real good shot
Lone loss remains to Valero
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:47 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Linares struggled vs Juarez and got KTFO by Salgado

Which im convinced Valero was coked up in that fight. He ate that elbow like it was nothing, got a nasty cut, and still kept on fighting.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
Which im convinced Valero was coked up in that fight. He ate that elbow like it was nothing, got a nasty cut, and still kept on fighting.

Could be, sure was a maniac that night. Gushing blood from his dome and manhandled DeMarco

DeMarco was landing clean shots and they did nothing to slow him down
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:50 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Linares struggled vs Juarez and got KTFO by Salgado

Linares did not struggle against Juarez. He won every round and was the first man to drop Juarez in his career. That Salgado KO was long ago, DeMarco looks like shit in every fight since Valero pounded him.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Diego408 wrote:Linares did not struggle against Juarez. He won every round and was the first man to drop Juarez in his career. That Salgado KO was long ago, DeMarco looks like shit in every fight since Valero pounded him.

Linares got rocked by Rocky and blown out by Salgado in 09. He beat Jesus Chavez and some other nobody since, not like he's lit it up either

DeMarco hasnt looked great but also has won, like I said, I think he's live and has a good shot against the much hyped Linares

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:07 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
Diego408 wrote:Linares did not struggle against Juarez. He won every round and was the first man to drop Juarez in his career. That Salgado KO was long ago, DeMarco looks like shit in every fight since Valero pounded him.

Linares got rocked by Rocky and blown out by Salgado in 09. He beat Jesus Chavez and some other nobody since, not like he's lit it up either

DeMarco hasnt looked great but also has won, like I said, I think he's live and has a good shot against the much hyped Linares

Linares has no real hype anymore. I remember you and slick hyping him up real well lol but hes at wildcard now doing his thing. He may of been rocked against Rocky, but other than that he won every second of that fight. DeMarco is garbage.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:11 pm

he was looking real good after Larios win, shit happens, things change

Like your anyone to talk, fucking Robert Guerrero homer!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:17 pm

gomez1012 wrote:he was looking real good after Larios win, shit happens, things change

Like your anyone to talk, fucking Robert Guerrero homer!
Im not a homer at all, everything I said has actually came true. Linares was overrated and Soto fought nothing but bums. Remember I said this years ago and its all true today lol. I also said Guerrero would win belts at 3 different weight classes and you guys laughed. Sometimes you guys over look the shit I say, I swear lol. Pay more attention next time guys thanks for playing, Slick and Gomez.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:24 pm

If Soto beats Maidana, trumps Guerrero
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:32 pm

gomez1012 wrote:If Soto beats Maidana, trumps Guerrero
true and its possible. They will make for one great fight. Im pretty sure Guerrero will get the winner. GBP has been doing all they can to get Guerrero the best opportunities possible.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Too bad he ruins them every time he's offered one

He's too busy trying to promote his mierda movie

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:00 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Too bad he ruins them every time he's offered one

He's too busy trying to promote his mierda movie

IDK about that, I forgot he even has a documentary. Last time I say the guy was at the Gilroy High graduations almost 4 months ago. He was with his sons and chillen with my Step-moms brother in-law. Roberts a cool dude, but he shouldnt try to play it nice in the ring so much.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:01 pm

GBP has paid him well Im sure, hard not to take it easy when he's raking in five-six figures for Escobedo/Casa fights
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down