The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else?

+4
Groundhog
flapanther2001
gomez1012
UBeeg9cats
8 posters

Go down

Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else? Empty Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else?

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 am

I think Mayweather looks really old in the picture on espn's boxing page. Does anyone else agree? He looks like he's aged about 5-10 years since I last saw him but maybe I'm just crazy.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else? Empty Re: Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else?

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, wonder if all the lawsuits and court dates have made Floyd age rapidly.

Back to top Go down

Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else? Empty Re: Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 pm

I said the same thing in the face to face thread

Roy Jones KTFO at 35 vs Tarver
Does Mayweather look really old to anyone else? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMxD-2cjE0NydM9kEyY9PodyhCoxz9qzDWF5QvaZFGOVfGXqwTxw
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:23 pm

Difference is Jones relied on athleticism, Floyd's got skills and defense to fall back on.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Ali wrote:Difference is Jones relied on athleticism, Floyd's got skills and defense to fall back on.

Which arent as sharp as they can be when he retires after every fight, 35 is 35. Not everyone is Hopkins

Mosley got him to him over a year ago, now facing a hungry and young fighter.

He's still a huge favorite dont get me wrong, just saying all this time off and sitting on the sidelines will catch up to him eventually
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:34 pm

Oscar was also 35 when he got abused by Pac
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:15 pm

Only got one thing to say:
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:25 pm

it's because of his stache. no really. facial hair makes people look 10 yrs older

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Groundhog wrote:it's because of his stache. no really. facial hair makes people look 10 yrs older

Yup. Add in some grey hair mixed in with it, which Mayweather has, and it'll make you look older
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:34 pm

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:39 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:If anyone cares, I wrote an article, sorta toward this end.

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/possible-parallels-between-mayweather-vs-ortiz-is-an-upset-in-the-works_062811/

Nice work Scott

Norris showed him to be an aging, inactive fighter with a recent resume that showed cause for alarm

+1

Cant be a part time fighter at the top levels of the sport, eventually catches up to you

Ill go with the dog in this one and see if Ortiz can do the same to Flod
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:42 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
ScottLevinson wrote:If anyone cares, I wrote an article, sorta toward this end.

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/possible-parallels-between-mayweather-vs-ortiz-is-an-upset-in-the-works_062811/

Nice work Scott

Norris showed him to be an aging, inactive fighter with a recent resume that showed cause for alarm

+1

Cant be a part time fighter at the top levels of the sport, eventually catches up to you

Ill go with the dog in this one and see if Ortiz can do the same to Flod

Thanks Gomez.

You gotta do it. I'd be inclined to take the over as my main bet, but if you can get a big # on Ortiz, you almost have to take it.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Agreed, great value at 5-1 with Ortiz.

Got a feeling Flod will have trouble keeping Victor off of him, big welterweight and stood up well to Berto's power shots.

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:11 pm

I'll take any & all action on Ortiz.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Agreed, great value at 5-1 with Ortiz.

Got a feeling Flod will have trouble keeping Victor off of him, big welterweight and stood up well to Berto's power shots.

He also got outboxed by Peterson. However if u gamble throwing a bit on vic prob wouldn't hurt to much.. Esp if you stream it LOL

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:37 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Agreed, great value at 5-1 with Ortiz.

wouldn't go so far as to say stood up well to Berto's power shots. The knockdown he scored where Manny screams oh my god, was when he close to being stopped. A main reason why Berto wasn't able to stop him was Berto was never 100% after the first knockdown Ortiz scored.

Yes he made it through them but Berto's shots are wide and can be seen coming. Floyd is a much different puncher in that he hits you with short straight shots that you don't see coming.

I am thinking about putting a few dollars on Ortiz with the lines out there. He is a big strong welter and he just happens to be a southpaw. I don't believe Floyd is at his best against southpaws.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 pm

Old or young, I don't think Floyd stops Ortiz. He has a decent chin and can take punishment. Maidana and Berto threw wild power shots and landed flush to hurt him. Floyd won't do that. It just depends on how Ortiz deals with being pecked at by Floyd. If he's passive it'll be boring. If he just walks through punches to try and land his, it'll be fun.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Allow me to reiterate.....any & all action on Ortiz!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down