The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrero wants Mayweather

Go down

Guerrero wants Mayweather Empty Guerrero wants Mayweather

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:04 pm

LAS VEGAS -- If RING No. 2-rated pound-for-pound and WBC welterweight beltholder Foyd Mayweather Jr. can't get southpaw No. 1-rated pound-for-pound and WBO counter part Manny Pacquiao into the ring on May 5, then RING No. 2-rated southpaw lightweight Robert Guerrero said that he is willing to take his place.

"I just believe that there's a potential Mayweather fight out there for me. You know, Mayweather wants to come back on May 5," said the 28-year-old Guerrero (29-1-1, 18 KOs), who has been rehabbing his left shoulder since the injury forced him to cancel an Aug. 27 clash with RING No. 3-ranked junior welterweight Marcos Maidana (31-2, 27 KOs).

"May 5, you know, that's when I'm coming right back into the ring. So, you know, like I said, I'm a five-time world champion over three different weight divisions. I've fought overseas and I've won five titles. What more can I do in boxing to put myself into position for a fight of this magnitude?"

"I'm just excited because that's a potential fight for me. I really put it out there that there shouldn't be no reason that it shouldn't be made," said Guerrero.

"Also, that's Cinco de Mayo, which is the day that Mexican's celebrate their independence and their heritage day, so what better day than for Floyd Mayweather to be fightint a Meixcan American."

"I'm throwing it out there. There shouldn't be any reason that that fight can't be made. My last fight, I walked into the ring at 152 pounds," said Guerrero. "Mayweather walks into the ring at 148 or 149 or 150, so that's not much of a difference. I can make 147 no problem."

http://tinyurl.com/d6g62e7

Nice try there Robert. You have about as much chance at fighting Mayweather as I do having Marisa Miller accidently falling on my face
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Guerrero wants Mayweather Empty Re: Guerrero wants Mayweather

Post  Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:07 pm

Of course he does Rolling Eyes

Next Gamboa will call out Pac.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:11 pm

"So, you know, like I said, I'm a five-time world champion over three different weight divisions. I've fought overseas and I've won five titles."

Guerrero wants Mayweather Epic_f10
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down