The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend

+2
GrantZilla
gomez1012
6 posters

Go down

Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend Empty Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:56 pm

June 18th At Tuscaloosa, Ala.: Deontay Wilder vs. Damon Reed, 6 rounds, heavyweights

Olympic medalist Wilder continues to feast on worst of the worst HWs out there...faces Reed who's last two losses are to obese Toney and Rahman

http://www.notifight.com/artman2/publish/Reporte_7/Baldomir_ante_Flores_este_viernes_en_Argentina.php

Baldomir fights in Argentina, 2nd bout since the Canelo KO
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend Empty Re: Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:11 pm

This is for Wilder:

FIGHTING STIFFS WON’T HELP THE “LEARNING CURVE

Meaningless records. We don’t have the fight clubs anymore, so the only way a fighter can make any money is to get on TV. The only way to get on TV is to have a perfect, or near perfect record. The only way to have a perfect record is (A) be a Superman, or (B) fight a bunch of nobodies. Guess what? Most records are built up by fighting far less than qualified fighters, which may get you on TV, but helps a fighter learn nothing! “Old School” fighters and trainers were more concerned with having their fighter face different styles, even if it meant a loss or more, so that they could learn and progress, because they knew there would be another fight next month, because fights didn’t depend on protected pugs with undefeated records.
http://ringtalk.com/old-school-boxing-generation-x-lou-kemp-pugilism
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend Empty Re: Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend

Post  ScottLevinson Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm almost thinking Wilder would have been better off staying in the amateurs. Instead of fighting slurpee machine repairmen and billiard room hangouts, he could have fought some decent int'l competition and upped his Q rating with a gold medal in 2012.

I'm not saying he has to fight killers, but he's fighting guys who would be opponents for Earnie Shavers if he made a comeback.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:22 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:I'm almost thinking Wilder would have been better off staying in the amateurs. Instead of fighting slurpee machine repairmen and billiard room hangouts, he could have fought some decent int'l competition and upped his Q rating with a gold medal in 2012.

I'm not saying he has to fight killers, but he's fighting guys who would be opponents for Earnie Shavers if he made a comeback.

If he took part in the World Series of Boxing, I totaly agree. Beause World Series of Boxing is more like pro boxing, without stupid headgear, and terrible computer scoring. It's scored the same way as a pro fight.

And he'd be fighting better talent and from different countries.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:23 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:I'm almost thinking Wilder would have been better off staying in the amateurs. Instead of fighting slurpee machine repairmen and billiard room hangouts, he could have fought some decent int'l competition and upped his Q rating with a gold medal in 2012.

+1 LOL

One of his previous opponents, Dustin Nichols
Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend Deontay-wilder-dustin-nichols-300x225

At least he's fighting at home Laughing
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:25 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

+1 LOL

One of his previous opponents, Dustin Nichols
Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend Deontay-wilder-dustin-nichols-300x225

At least he's fighting at home Laughing

Is that some shirtless guy who jumped into the ring? Or is that a professional boxer?

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:26 pm

Wilder should've been a HW for The Memphis Force
Wilder, Baldomir in action this weekend 410
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Hey Grant, you think you could take that Nichols guy?

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:39 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Is that some shirtless guy who jumped into the ring? Or is that a professional boxer?

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=396124&cat=boxer

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:03 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Hey Grant, you think you could take that Nichols guy?

Fuck yeah! I haven't boxed in years, but I'm bigger and in better shape than that lard ass. Shit, maybe I should go be a stiff for these protected fighters. What's the pay?

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
ScottLevinson wrote:Hey Grant, you think you could take that Nichols guy?

Fuck yeah! I haven't boxed in years, but I'm bigger and in better shape than that lard ass. Shit, maybe I should go be a stiff for these protected fighters. What's the pay?

Not that great. Especially when fighting Deontay Wilder in high school gymnasiums in Alabama. But 5-6 fights a year could put an extra 10 grand or so into your yearly kick.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:48 pm

a couple of points:
1-fighting the stiffs he is fighting is a waste of time (as we all agree)
2-His technique isn't getting much better. He still looks unbelievably raw. I don't believe he has a great training team behind him and I doubt he is getting good sparring.

He is getting fed stiffs in the ring and in camp. He isn't getting better technically. He gets defeated as soon as he faces a decent opponent.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:28 am

Yeah, he's still a wild, one-handed fighter.

Add on, him getting knocked down and hurt badily against Harold Sconiers who had a record of 17-20-2. This brings out seriouse questions about Wilder's chin, or lack of.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:41 am

I had high hopes for Wilder, but he still has yet to show any improvement. I remember they were lining up cans for him with the justification that he had such little amateur experience, but it's been three years since Beijing and he still fights total scrubs. I don't see him ever taking that next step at this rate.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:15 am

Getting nearly knocked out by a 17-20-2 bum is why he's still fighting bums.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:41 pm

I wonder who is managing his career? its a shame because hes not going any where if he keeps this up. 16 pro fights and 16 KOs with most in the first round all against bums, SMH. I agreed, he would of done better for himself fighting in the AMs. He should at least be facing journeymen that dont go down so easily and should pick up a trainer like Stewart and then like 5 years down the line after the Klit brothers leavw, he'll be a force. I wonder if hes going to be like Chavez jr and get his title shot when hes like 42-0 lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down